Samurai Denim Imperfection Questions

Chponglasia

I have a brand new unsoaked pair of Samurai 710xx19oz that I just got. Upon inspection I noticed that on the right leg right about at the knee and roughly 2 inches in from the seam, there's an inch long line where the thread isn't all the way flush with the denim--I apologize for not knowing the technical terms. I've seen plenty of knots and other little imperfections, and I know how the denim is made and that it's inherently imperfect, but this is the first time I've had a pair with something like this.

Here's what I'd like to know if anyone wants to help educate me:

What exactly causes this?

Has anyone had this on their jeans and what happened to it after wear?

Will the errant threads shrink down when I hot soak them?

Is it something I should get repaired/be worried about?

Will it get worse if untreated?

Can I stop stressing out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam1.jpg

Sam3.jpg

Sam2.jpg

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

It seems you have a "thread worm" crawling along your jeans and this deffinitely something you should worry about.

I suggest you squish the filthy little critter between two fingers and return the jeans to where you got them from to exchance them.

(ps I apologise in advance for derailing!)

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

It seems you have a "thread worm" crawling along your jeans and this deffinitely something you should worry about.

I suggest you squish the filthy little critter between two fingers and return the jeans to where you got them from to exchance them.

(ps I apologise in advance for derailing!)

so classic:D

That happened to my sams. I picked at it like a scab. Now there is a little hole. My suggestion is not to do what I did and leave it alone. It should be fine.

wow, if I wasn't in vegas and drunk off my ass I'd tell the op to return the jeans and go die somewhere, but I'm in vegas drunk of my ass and quite happy about it, so I'll just say return the jeans, but if it makes you happy, feel free to go die somewhere

Whatever you do, don't pick at it or your jeans will unravell and fall apart!

lol, kidding.

I really don't know if they'll take it back for such a little defect. It's just a little warp thread that's become detached. I'd say, just use a xacto knife and cut it off at the ends, just in case it gets snagged on something. I had something similar on an old pair of jeans and it got snagged on something. that one warp thread tightened and I had this weird wrinkling along that one thread. Might not happen to your jeans, never owned a pair of sammies (something I plan to rectify in May/June when those 21oz come out)

Guest jeffvyain

i'm pretty anal about that shit, so i took a lighter and burned off the stray hairs when I got my sams. I was afraid of snagging. It worked fine and I haven't seen a hint of them since

When I first received my SugarCane 1947A, I noticed this stitch line going horizontally on the right leg, where my knee was on the backside. Weird shit, I just wore them.

lol that reminds me...when i got my cane 47's...i pulled on part of the broken arcs bcuz i was a noob and thought that its made like that and wouldnt come apart:p i stopped myself after pulling an inch off

Guest jeffvyain
Not because of the odd thread, but because I think I decided that heavy denim isn't for me after all (especially with the LA summer coming), I think i'm going to sell these. Size 30, hemmed by 2nd to 35. Never worn or touched water. Shoot me a PM if interested. Wyrd.

i don't know if you can say that heavy denim isn't for you without wearing them. stop being a girl

my friend, these arent some thin-assed,faggie jeans weve all been accustomed to, they're sams, you cant make 19oz selvage on a loom that avgs. 13 oz, and not expect inconsistencies, plus the ingenious craftsmen are known for their loose weave. my 510xx19oz.2 have many slubs, and as far as im concerned, the more the merrier. its real denim. enjoy...