dealing with people who dont know wtf dry denim is

kiz

i'm in highschool and i'm the only kid who has seen, let alone wears dry denim. they see me wearing the same pants everyday and they're like wtf i thought this kid was stylish. i dont feel like explaining it to them either because its extremely annoying and i doubt they'd believe/understand anyway. what do you guys do for the haters who come to notice that you havent changed your jeans in a few weeks?

i'm never gonna let something as petty as peer pressure dictate what i wear and don't. i like to consider myself as one of the individuals at my school that can do their own thing and start trends and be daring (everyone thinks this of themselves of course), however i was just wondering if there was some easy explanation you give people when they're like hey, you wear those jeans a lot.

the other day a few friends of mine were in a group and i was just walking into the room and i heard them say" he's been wearing those jeans for like 5 days" in a low voice like i wouldn't hear. so i went up to them and corrected him saying it's been two weeks and gave them a huge grin icon_smile_big.gif

buddy, just do what you gotta do. back in the day, i was given shit for wearing baggy jeans and hoodies all the time, no too mention I had different colored hair all the time..

high school can be a messed up time for those who have interests other than football, amesty international and the yearbook.. don't sweat young ignorance..

as for explanations - you're a smart kid.. let them in on what they don't know.

dig.

When it rains (a lot lately here) I wear a very different pair of jeans hehe

then when I come back home I change to my dry denim and try to wear it for as much as possible for the rest of the day. I'm not in High School though, in College I don't even see the same people everyday and they couldn't care less about waht you wear so it's not a problem really. Just change the jeans to not catch rain on my dry ones.

yea i'm wearing APC rescues. at first they were like oh hahaha nice tight jeans. but i pointed out that they werent actually tight, and now they comment on how long i've been wearing them. that wont be anything compared to when thye see me in them next winter break home from college icon_smile_big.gif. also this girl i just played told her friends that one of the main reasons she liked me was my style....so in the end i win.

Quote:

Yo I think its wrong for high school kids to be fixated on expensive clothes. You kids should be spending your time thinking about girls, masturbating, skating, playing video games, huffing glue, or whatever kids do nowadays.

--- Original message by thedonger on May 25, 2005 05:03 PM

add "study more" in there aswell

Man I love dry selvage. My town has just got this new retail store, I think it's modeled on Selfridges? They have Regular Ralf Dry Selvages......very nice indeed. $360 NZD how much are they in the states/europe?

Shit two weeks is nothing, I got my first pair of dry denim jeans in college and wore them for two years before I got them dry cleaned, I wore those shitz everyday too, in the summer, skateing, to shows, camping, total cowboy style.

Maybe get a few pair and rotate them out every couple days, that's my new rotation, 2 days them back to the bottom of the pile, well not really a pile, I used to work retail so I can fold a cracker if I had to.

i wear my rescues in the rain...a few drops dont hurt them, but i haven't ever gotten them soaked or anything like that. just wear your damn jeans and stop worrying over the little things. These jeans were made to be WORN