I think the tatted bust is a dope idea.

nothing special but my newest tattoo

76782_126744030718414_100001484539704_170039_3138972_n.jpg

starting work on a chest piece in janurary with ben grover, getting the clown of the mountains, the feathered wolf in lieu of the ubiquitous and traditionally american eagle.

there are so many good polynesian artists here that i daily see 'sick tribal' tats that have a deeper resonance than they do outside of polynesia, of course there are also 'party bros' with what seem like meaningless and nondescript tribal work, as you would see in the states of other places without a big polynesian population.

the idea behind my chest piece is to flip that cultural exchange around and take a traditional american style and placement and tell a story specific to aotearoa.

This shitty chain of tattoo shops near where I live just opened a new shop that's pushing "computer generated tattoo design" real hard. This shit pisses me off so bad. I mean seriously, how much more unartistic / generic can it get.

Dum, where did you source those pieces from? Would like to know more about 'em.

They're by Steve Viezens. I found a PDF explaining the show they were in or something. With atleast a sentence about each of the 4-5 pieces in that series, but it was in German. meant to have my mom translate it for me but forgot.

posted this before, but since we're on the topic

I'm still really into this as a tattoo

steve-viezens.jpg

Looked at the URL for Düm's photos, and found Steve Viezens as the artist.

Did a GIS and found – http://blog.arcademi.com/de/?tag=steve-viezens

While in Deutsch, has some pretty neat designs such as this which are pretty tasty.

sv-der-rauch200830x24hol.jpg

If I have some time this winter break, I might screenprint a few for my own pleasure.

yeah.

I found his facebook as well. I'd hit him up if I finally decided to get one.

what does that even mean

They make the "custom" design on the computer, print it out, then sloppily tattoo it on.

@stuntastic: post pictures in a few weeks when they're healed up. where did you get the eagle done?

@stuntastic: post pictures in a few weeks when they're healed up. where did you get the eagle done?

I heal pretty fast, so it should be super clear by next week.

I got the eagle on my left forearm. I was hoping to find a bit larger sized eagle with a wide wingspan, to put behind my right calve, but they didn't have one.

I'm sort of surprised that he used brown, since I'm pretty fuckin brown. Well, not Reese's Dark brown...

So this one guy at my school has a tattoo of a square on his arm. It's just a black outline of a square. I'd say it's about 3x3 inches on his right arm. I really don't get it at all. I was hoping that it was just a sharpie but I saw it repeatedly.

you don't get alot, do you?

THE SQUARE REPRESENTS THE WAY <SAID GUY> FEELS ABOUT <SAID TOPICS>

@Peter North: Looks good - post more photos if you can. Is that a peony towards the bottom? Who did the work?

Been looking for an artist in the Los Angeles area.. Got one at spotlight but am looking for something a little more sophisticated. Any halp?

getting a slightly modified version of this on my leg in 2 weeks

94.jpg

will post work when it's done

moving up to Denver in February, anyone know of good traditional style artists up there?

What do you guys think of a tatto like the one on the left? Im a nurse, and would twist it alittle.

0911_lrap_46_zday_of_the_dead_artfamous_women.jpg