Japanese denim help

Microblaster

hey i have a chance to get some high end denim and I was wondering which brand/s I should choose. I can only get one pair well mainly because when you 16 you dont get a lot of money to choose from. I already have a couple pairs of 7 for all mankind and earnest sewn but I wanted something unique so i was thinking of maybe one of these brands.

PRPS, SAMURAI JEANS, 45RPM, AG (I know its not in the same league but I thought i might get two pairs of this then), Pure Blue or Neighborhood. Thanks

thanks for the current suggestions. and i actually can only afford one pair of these like $300-350 jeans and was mainly looking at the quality of denim, then fit and then like wash. i like the earnest sewn hemmingways and the 7FAM relaxed fit so the only thing i really cant stand is the skinny or thin fits (no offence) so it was mainly quality. So if you could tell which has the best denim or best overall that would be great.

this would be a very subjective matter; which is the best rock band?

45rpm and samurai are very different jeans, both high quality, hard to even compare the two; everyone does a regular fit jean; it is up to you to decide by what criteria the jeans are to be judged and proceed from there

samurai, 45rpm and pure blue japan are all very good -- worth the $$$. but one thing i could tell you is to not expect to get your ultimate premium denim on your first try. i think finding your perfect denim takes experience, as well as knowledge. it's near impossible to know what you really like until you've tried a bunch. so i guess what i'm saying is that don't put all your eggs in one basket.

if i were you, i'd even consider going used, so that you could try few pairs with the same money. especially if you like relaxed fits -- those are more available at lower prices than the slims and skinnies, which more people are after.

all right i guess since you guys are like professors in the subject it may be hard for you to differentiate for someone like me i know very little of all this and out of the couple of suggestions i gave at the top i was wondering in your proffesional opinions which is best

Where can i get good quality used denim (not online)

micro, unfortunately the internet is probably the best source to find used japanese denim, unless you live in japan. you could try your local vintage stores but i think it'd be very difficult to locate any of the stuff you're looking for.

when you're asking about which denim has a better quality, i think you have to define what you mean by quality. for example, if we were talking about cars, would you say rolls-royce was better quality than lamborghini? i think it depends on if you were looking for speed or comfort.

similarly, different denim has different strength. and that's why we have huge forums dedicated to these discussions. if we could wrap it up for you in few sentences, we wouldn't be here, would we?

well i have a lot to learn and the thanks for all the advice. and while i'd rather be in rolls than a lamborghini i never knew that denim had such depth. the main reason why I said not online is because im 16 and dnt have a credit card and my dads credit card info has been stolen so many times including on secure websites and the company had to reimburse or some crap like that. so he refuses to do it again. thanks again for the hellp

well i dont live in the US right now Ill be there for two months soon but not yet so ican do watever I want here except buy good quality denim. And you really just stated by dilemna and that is which piar of jeans should I "age" with me Samurais, 45RPM etc. like I want to say something like I have had these pair od jeans for like 30years or something

ETERNAL 811s

i second this as well. having seen just about every one of the cuts from all of the japanese brands mentioned, 811 is a great choice for your first pair. a classic straight leg model that can be worn fitted or loose, and fades beautifully. its also one of the few pairs at $225 that is dyed by pure indigo.

BiG seems to have fairly good stock of them.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2652&category_id=&manufacturer_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

well those eternals look really sweet and the fact that they come in such a nice relaxed fit is great too. However now its killing me. I know that I want a piar of jeans from one of the following: Samurai, PBJ, Sugarcane or the eternals. The eternals because you just showed them to me and they have a great cut. The PBJ's because of their great fits. The samurais because of the quality and a bit of how exclusive they are and the Sugarcanes because I love everything about their constructions. I think fusing cotton with sugarcane in denim is pure brilliance. Are there any nice relaxed fits from Sugarcane or Samurai's. If they are I am sold. Can anyone give me more information or like an official site for the ETERNALS I Already read the sticky on this forum and I would like more info please.

BTW: I dont want to sound like a complete fool or something but are all of the Japanese denim companies well at least the ones I listed above. Well for all of them do you have to wear your jeans for months at a time without washing them or stuff or can I wash them whenever I want.