lightning bolt

mlproject

One of the best shows I've been to. They played at a small trashy downtown LA club called the smell a few years back. They set up in the middle of the audience and just let loose. They had huge amps and the drummer would jump off the top onto his drums, keeping the beat. Can't beat the masks too.

I would let bryanboy fuck me in the ass to get the chance to go see them. I just moved to spokane so the closest they'll play is seattle, and then I don't know a whole bunch of people there and the people I do know are into EDM- so even if they where playing in seattle I would never find out where exactly.

they've been around forever, but their show on saturday night at 3rd ward was pretty insane. i haven't seen people flip out like that at a show in a long time.

anyone check it out?

Did you see a black kid with a flattop beat some people up? Like not mosh pit beat up but straight up duff people out? Cuz that's my friend.:D

I saw them with Arab on Radar several years ago. Stands out as one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Damn I remember that tour. Lightning Bolt/Arab On Radar/The Locust/Blood Brothers. Locust and Blood Brothers were playing at another venue but something happened and they hopped on this bill. One of the best concerts I've seen.

Damn I remember that tour. Lightning Bolt/Arab On Radar/The Locust/Blood Brothers. Locust and Blood Brothers were playing at another venue but something happened and they hopped on this bill. One of the best concerts I've seen.

Shit, I would have loved to have been there.

didn't see anyone with a gumby cut decking kids... i just saw a huge fucking melee of people hanging from the cieling, crowd walking and knocking over the drums. BARR played right before them, but they sat at their stuff silently until he was done then immediately started playing.

last time i saw them was in a basement in bloomington in '03 or '04 and that shit was fucking out of control.

arab on radar is really good live. the locust is fucking boring... too many skinny douches doing the emo wiggle. blood brothers' vocals sound too much like hot hot heat for me to stomach.

crazy good live band. i saw them completely by chance in 2005. somebody i know mentioned that they heard they were playing at this place called neutral in toronto, so i started to think about checking it out. like 5 minutes later, i get a call frm another friend confirming it. one of the best shows i've ever been to. the level of energy was unreal, and the place was packed.

oh my god, that sounds ridiculous

i pretty much need to see lightning bolt

do they still play immediately after the opening band? brings me back to the ft thunder days..

i saw em play with orchid and true north in 2000 i believe....right when true north got done playing, they started to blast on the other side of the room...nobody saw em setting up or anything..just straight up choas...good shit, i got pictures from the show, but i aint got a scanner.

i saw em play with orchid and true north in 2000 i believe....right when true north got done playing, they started to blast on the other side of the room...nobody saw em setting up or anything..just straight up choas...good shit, i got pictures from the show, but i aint got a scanner.

i was new to providence in 99 and randomly my old roommate and I found out about a show at ft thunder which was pretty close to my old school. Being poor and lazy, we thought we'd walk there...some like 2 hours later we find it, (ended up being actual proximity not too far, but direction wise it sucked). I think it was arab on radar, I don't remember now, but we hadn't heard band really, so we watched arab on radar, then literally when radar hit their last note, the crowd just opened up and LB played. Those were some pretty crazy shows and the place was something else....Providence has seen some rough times recently, especially with music....I hate being one of those people.."back in my day" but when i saw them w/ sonic youth at Lupo's everyone seemingly forgot how great sonic youth's set was and just paid attention to a terrible lightning bolt set. I don't think i could see them at a club again...