Help Needed: How Do Jeans Fit and XXX threads

tweeds

thinking of redoing the thread, in a similar fashion to the XXX thread--hopefully that will make it more useful and easy to browse.

1. does everyone think there is a need for that, or will the current thread suffice?

2. how best to go about it?

also, there are plenty of jeans that would look really good in the XXX thread but were not posted in the evolution thread...and i've not had the time to go and look for all of them. this is a call for everyone to point out posts with jeans that i should be looking at.

reply with the post ID, and i will follow up!

feedback muchly appreciated.

the XXX thread is pretty informative and easy to navigate in my opinion.

a similar thread 'how do jeans fit' thread would definitely be useful....but im sure it will take quite some time to tweak TIP.

i would say the best way to oragnise it would be in alphabetical order of label/designer/brand etc, and then within each of those, organised by cut/style. you could also maybe include comparisons between different fits of the same jeans, when sized differently to the wearer's normal size, or worn differently etc.

Yes! Definitely Needed and super-appreciated if you are gonna man up and take on this annoyingly long challenge!

Formatting....pretty much what JPGM said...

A. Brand

1.)Cut/Model

a.sized down

b. true size

c. sized up

Tadaah.

thats one of the reasons i dont frequent the how do they fit thread. no one ever puts what size they are and what size they are wearing so its basically what are you wearing. it would probably be better like that.

A how to measure section in the first post would be helpful. Not everyone measures in the same place, so a guide of where to measure would be helpful. There needs to be a standardization measurement post to get rid of any confusion when it comes to measurements. For example, some people will think that their waist is at their pelvis when it is usually above the belly button at the thinnest part of your torso, or thighs which can be measured at any point on your thighs and stuff like that.

Another poster can then follow these guidelines, post his/her measurements and the size of their jeans, how much they have sized up or down and how they wear their jeans to get that fit. And the poster can also post tings like stretch, jeans measurements if they really want to, but that isn't as necessary in my opinion as once you've found someone with similar measurements, it should be visible whether or not you'll like how it might fit.

Also, one or two posts in the current thread aren't in a standard standing position, all should be stood up straight with the waist visible so that everyone can see where the jeans are being worn. Tees and shirts conceal the body, so you can't really get an idea of where the jeans are hanging unless the midriff is visible. There should be at least 3 pictures from the front, side and back. Taking fancy pictures or posing yourself to try and impress isn't helpful.

Posting the size of your jeans, height and weight means absolutely nothing. The current how jeans fit thread is useless in my opinion.

God knows how many times i've posted something like that in this forum.

Edit: Admittedly, some of the newer posts in the thread are an improvement over the last time i had a look at the thread, however, it still isn't as good as it could be. At least the measurements given are better than "size 31 jeans, 6'00" 165lbs", as if to imply that your weight and height automatically makes your waist a certain size. It gives you an idea, but a person might have a pudgy belly, be toned as shit or whatever. If people want to show how jeans fit, and I've repeated this already, but measurements have to be made, properly, height and weight don't exactly account for things like build and body shape, a few measurements should at lease accommodate this and help show what the fit is like on certain people.

This is what I'd say is one of the better posts in the thread since the guy at least gives some measurements so you can see how jeans fit on his body at the sizes he bought:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=366728&postcount=573

One of the many, what I'd regard as near useless posts, anything in a similar vein may be a little bit helpful if you're the same size and weight, but it doesn't give you a good enough idea as you're most likely built differently. That being said, the first one isn't too bad, but it isn't brilliant either. The second one is just a waste of time, if I wanted to look at trainers, I'd go on NSB or Niketalk, regardless of the little bit of denim that is in the post, it doesn't give you a decent idea of how the jeans fit all over:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=261756&postcount=362

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=180943&postcount=154

The thread should be made into an XXX thread, to ensure some quality posts and for easier referencing for someone who wants to find the fit of certain pair of jeans without having to scroll through several pages. Even more so if a search yields more than one result.

I'm too tired to post any more now. But I'm sure someone will understand what I'm getting at. If not, then I've still made several posts on a similar matter, albeit it in a less thorough manner.

BP - the idea was to give users (those who were looking, anyway) as wide a range as possible...ideally there would be a great pair of jeans for each model. because when i was looking through all 100++ pages of the evo thread, there were jeans that i said "i bet i could find a better looking pair of this particular model"--and then i couldn't, and couldn't find the prior post either--so i decided to take one of each new model i saw, and then moderate the number of pics per model. hence the APC new standard listing does not include every good looking pair...or else we would have 50 posts for the new standard.

evolution is constantly being bumped up so the need for a sticky is less apparent.

XXX will be updated shortly! again, a call for pics that aren't inside the evo thread to be posted here...with model name and user ID