What is this perfume?Help me please...

dieselfreak

I remember I had a perfume that was really great but I don't remember what's the name of it (because I bought it when I was a lot younger). I must be from brands that are very well known because I remember that I had bought 30ml and it was quite expensive!

I will now try to describe the bottle of the perfume..If anybody knows please help me!I hope they still sell it...

The bottle was rounded (it was narrow at the top of it, it got wider at the center of the bottle and at the end it got narrow again but not so much as the top of it).The glass of the bottle was blurred and "fat" so you couldn't see clear inside, and it was like it had carved roses at the top of the bottle (with no colour) and the font of the name of the brand was calligraphically written (also carved)!I hope I made myself clear and I hope someone of you knows it.It had a "heavy" scent.

Sorry for my bad english.

Um, whoah dude.

Couple questions.........is it a male, female or unisex scent?

Any idea of the letters the name started or ended with?

Any recollection of any of the notes in the scent? If it had roses carved into it, it probably might have been a rose/floral scent?

Also, check out:

http://www.basenotes.net/

The site has pretty much every cologne/perfume known to man, and you can search by 'notes', such as rose, etc.

If you really care about it that bad, I would register for the Basenotes forum and post your query there. Alot of experts on that site.

Ya...that's a bit too vague. I would help if we knew what country you're in (or bought it in). Most NA fragrances don't come in 30ml bottles...only 50 or 100 (department store brands anyway). Also, what colour was the bottle, and was it a spray or a splash. As mentioned by englandmj7...the sex would be the most identifying thing (male/female/unisex), although if it had roses on the bottle, its probably not exclusively for men. And lastly, if you're saying things like "when I was younger"...we need to know how old you are!

The bottle was made from thick glass.The liquid was yellow faint colour...As for the fragrance smell, it smelled for hours, you could smell it from far away.It smelled like flours.Probably roses...That's what I remember.

Some more information:

The cap mustn't had a special shape but it was 100% made from glass...Something 10000% sure is that the "spray button" (I hope you understand) was round.

Unfortunately again, neither of them is the one I am looking for...But I have some more clues to give you.

First, it must have been 2003 when I bought this perfume.It was on a stand in the biggest Greek perfume store.So it must have came out somewhere between 2002 and 2004.

Second, the bottle had something like this shape: http://artsuppliesonline.com/blog/ay...ielparfums.jpg and the glass was blurred and thick like this one also.One difference with this shape in the picture is that the real thing ends more narrow.

Sorry...best advice I can give is to revisit/contact the store where it was purchased. Otherwise try basenotes.net..but they won't give you any different answer. There are 500-600 new fragrances that come out each year...most of which won't be available 1 year after their release due to poor sales. Having said that, with that many new perfumes, I'm sure you can find something you like in its place.

I only meant that I wanted to share one of my passions...but if you "heathens" want some knowledge dropped on you...this would be my best guess. Parfums De Rosine makes various scents in similar frosted, round bottles with etching on them....all rose based (and quite nice if you're interested). This is one of their men's offerings:

1257.jpg

Start a thread and suggest people fragrances, you seem to know what you're talking about. Maybe we'll have people ordering limited edition fragrances from Japan soon.

I've always wanted to try some of those weird CdG scents, or even just get another bottle (whatever it's called) of this one I got a decent sample of when I bought a shirt in italy (another CdG). Don't know what it was called.

Most of the upper-end fragrance companies don't explicitly label anything as male or female, but you can usually tell with CdG (ie - rose, lily are much more feminine...tar, garage are more masculine). A few of their scents are now classics that will probably never go out of production...a few others are a bit more on the "interesting" side and not so much on the "I want to smell like this" side. My personal fav is Rhubarb.

so, is going to Sephora or dept. store to buy easily accessible fragrance equivalent of buying diesel and seven jeans?

Not at all...but buying Diesel cologne is pretty much the same as buying Diesel jeans. There are lots of fragrances available at Sephora and other department stores that are highly regarded...you should just buy what appeals to you. Having said that, personally, things appeal to me that are unique and interesting...so Diesel's jeans and fragrances don't appeal to me for the same reason. They're uninteresting, overdone, and lack the quality that some other brands show. But who knows...maybe they'll come out with something interseting tomorrow!

You'll find a lot of similarities between denim-culture and perfume-culture. Almost all perfumes come from 5 major manufacturers that are merely associated with a brand or celebrity. That's how you come across so many fragrances that smell the same. The same people are making them. Jeans aren't all made by the same companies, but many jean brands base their designs on other designs and trends, making many of the jeans look the same. They also have the same policy on materials...poor quality materials, poor craftsmanship and cheap labour equal both a generic perfume, and a generic pair of jeans.

The interesing, smaller labels of jeans and fragrances use quality materials sourced from the best available, the best construction and often base their designs on the heritage of what's worked for centuries, but with enough of an update to make it interesting.

Not at all...but buying Diesel cologne is pretty much the same as buying Diesel jeans. There are lots of fragrances available at Sephora and other department stores that are highly regarded...you should just buy what appeals to you. Having said that, personally, things appeal to me that are unique and interesting...so Diesel's jeans and fragrances don't appeal to me for the same reason. They're uninteresting, overdone, and lack the quality that some other brands show. But who knows...maybe they'll come out with something interseting tomorrow!

You'll find a lot of similarities between denim-culture and perfume-culture. Almost all perfumes come from 5 major manufacturers that are merely associated with a brand or celebrity. That's how you come across so many fragrances that smell the same. The same people are making them. Jeans aren't all made by the same companies, but many jean brands base their designs on other designs and trends, making many of the jeans look the same. They also have the same policy on materials...poor quality materials, poor craftsmanship and cheap labour equal both a generic perfume, and a generic pair of jeans.

The interesing, smaller labels of jeans and fragrances use quality materials sourced from the best available, the best construction and often base their designs on the heritage of what's worked for centuries, but with enough of an update to make it interesting.

very true,... when it comes down tho the smaller houses it is more about quality not quantitiy. that is true for most crafted goods; clothing, automobiles, perfumes (colognes), jewelry, ect.....

Unfortunately I can't think of any men's fragrance bottles that have roses engraved - any ideas on the actual ingredients or smell... much easier to find it that way.

Also, a mass produced perfume doesn't mean it isn't produced by an amazing perfumer or that it is made with low-quality ingredients. For example - Dior Homme is mass produced (no.1 seller for a long time) - yet it is an absolute gem of a fragrance. It is long-lasting and very innovative.

• 3 weeks later...

could it be kenzo? kenzo perfumes tend to have flowers for the tops. i remember cuz my mom and my stepdad bought me a bottle when i was younger. i cant find them on the kenzo site but heres some pics from another site:

http://www.fragrancex.com/MakeCappedImage.html?file=images%2fproducts%2fsku%2ffull%2f822W.jpg

http://www.fragrancex.com/MakeCappedImage.html?file=images%2fproducts%2fsku%2ffull%2f60758W.jpg