Fuuma

What did you think of fuuma's ethnicity  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of fuuma's ethnicity

• I am asian and thought he was one too
    • I am asian and thought he wasn't/didn't know/didn't care
    • I am not asian and thought he was asian
    • I am not asian and thought he wasn't/didn't know/didn't care
    • You slanty eyed bastard, all that expensive surgery doesn't fool me!!!

Since I've posted a WAYWT pic I've gotten a lot of feedback saying posters thought I was asian, I'm kinda curious why so I started this poll and thread. Feel free to post in here and explain why you thought so, this could prove interesting.

Well I would assume most people over an internet board is Asian. Just think of the chances, theres 6.5 billion people in this world and roughtly 3 billion Asians. Now this is in the population of Asia alone and I would guesstimate there would be around couple million Asians in America. So the chances of you being Asian by us not knowing your identity -- is roughly 50%.

^

You didn't take in account, that the majority of Asian countries nowdays teaches English and have more rigirous required tutoring courses.

and theres always Google Translation.

So his 50% ratio drops to 30%, thats still pretty high.

Fuuma I never thought you were Asian... but that's prolly coz I know where you're from and from our PM exchanges...

Yeah my native tongue is french....As most of my more elaborate posts demonstrate, for better or worse, I'm totally immersed into this cartesian logic thing. BTW cheers to the 4 people who voted for:

"You slanty eyed bastard, all that expensive surgery doesn't fool me!!!"

Remember that charlie never forgets, we got you in 'Nam now we're taking over sufu!!!

My alias comes from a manga character that has no personnality of his own and reflects the (twisted) expectations of those he meets. I've been using it for a long time and it initially summed up my take on how most people acted on old chat rooms like IRC and 1st gen msg boards.

I think the asian-confusion is pretty interesting and shows how much we elaborate on a set of very faint clues a whole persona for people we interact with on chat rooms, completing the blanks, so to speak. I'm certainly not the most active poster in here and elsewhere so I can only assume how someone like DDML must live a thousand different lives in the mind of a multitude of posters.