ndg (nom de guerre) jack purcells??

M4TM

did they drop? can i get a pair?!?

http://www.complex.com/blogs/?p=2041

Converse’s (Product) Red Collabs Come Correct

Converse has been serving up some crispy collabs lately and coming down the pike they’ve hooked up with NYC boutique Nom De Guerre for a low-run Jack Purcell. The sneaker, which is part of Converse’s ongoing support of (Product) RED will be on sale for $100 and up to 15 percent of profits will go directly to the (Product) Red Global Fund. We’ve reported on the DQM Chuck Taylor in the past and next week we will bring you the Kick’s Hawaii and St. Alfred models.

As seen in Complex’s Feb/March 07 issue.

LACED_NOMDEGUERREXPRODUCTRE1.jpg

do you know if they run true to size? i haven't had a pair of converse since maybe 5 years ago and they ran like a size and a half big

Jack Purcells run true to size...

Checked them out today. They're definitely nice shoes, but not any nicer than any other Jack Purcell shoe. NDG also has plain navy Jack Purcells on their mannequins and to be honest, from 5 feet away you can hardly tell the difference. I don't see why they're charging the high price tag...especially when there is no NDG branding on the shoe.

And the whole RED campaign is fooling people everywhere. They only donate 15% of PROFITS. For some reason, it seems that many people think the program donates 15% of the item price.

Not only that, but most RED items are priced about 15% higher anyway - thus YOU'RE solely financing the donation, not the corporation you're buying from.

Huge marketing ploy - better off just donating your money directly if you want to be charitable and avoid these foolish foolish gimmicks.

Checked them out today. They're definitely nice shoes, but not any nicer than any other Jack Purcell shoe. NDG also has plain navy Jack Purcells on their mannequins and to be honest, from 5 feet away you can hardly tell the difference. I don't see why they're charging the high price tag...especially when there is no NDG branding on the shoe.

And the whole RED campaign is fooling people everywhere. They only donate 15% of PROFITS. For some reason, it seems that many people think the program donates 15% of the item price.

You hit the nail on the head. They were very overated. They still had alot of sizes available.

im usually an 8 in nikes and around a 7 in chucks...my velcro jack purcells are 7.5..but i got the ndg in size 8...i hope they fit, if not i will post them up for sale

I'd like to know this too. Chucks should be sized half down. Should Purcells?

Edit: Answering my own question. Jack Purcells run true to size.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. The entire lining of the shoe is embossed with their logo.

NdG isn't really big on overt branding, other than their tees, so I don't really know what you would expect them to do with a sneaker. They really don't look the same from 5 feet, unless you are legally blind maybe. The material is far superior to any other Purcell I've ever seen in the US.

The RED campaign is bogus, but the shoes were only $100, so who gives a fuck.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. The entire lining of the shoe is embossed with their logo.

NdG isn't really big on overt branding, other than their tees, so I don't really know what you would expect them to do with a sneaker. They really don't look the same from 5 feet, unless you are legally blind maybe. The material is far superior to any other Purcell I've ever seen in the US.

The RED campaign is bogus, but the shoes were only $100, so who gives a fuck.

Wow...somebody's drinking the Kool-Aid at NDG. I didn't notice any logos on the inside of the shoe...I only noticed red satin material but the shoe I saw was stuffed so who knows. The material is nothing special...sorry. It's dotted cotton...that's it. You don't think Converse (aka Nike) could do this by themselves? Look, they're nice shoes but they are nothing different that what I'd expect to see at David Z or J. Crew who is also selling Purcells this spring.

The Japanese version above does not appear to be very similar to the NDG version. In fact, I'd say it far more distinct.

• 3 weeks later...