PICTURES: Take5 Denim Store Grand Opening

keyko

Disclaimer: this event happened in the virtual world on March 18, 2006. Any images depicting devices on the jeans which resemble those protected by trademarks of Levi's Co. Ltd. are a product of pure fiction and image editing software and should not be taken as a representation of any real jeans sold after 19 of January 2007//// keyko

Take5 Grand Opening

I got there around 4pm and there was still plenty of Italian sparkling vine, suckling pig with plum sauce, egg tarts, well dressed people and jeans. Benny (the first guy from the right - boss of Take5) did a good job preparing the party!

benny_friends.jpg

Two guys in denim heaven:

2guys.jpg

These are Benny's kids and lots of jeans.

kids.jpg

Last time I posted there will be Red Moon's boss coming to Hong Kong for the event. Apparently I lost something in translation so it was not the boss but RM head of trading and marketing department who visited the event. I would love to be a head of marketing somewhere where I can wear my hair long, my jeans low and my body covered by cool Japanese tatoos. Well, these are all the things which Hiroyuki Sakamoto-san can do.

He brought me RM belt and also a very limited RM X something collabo jeans which go together with a belt and a t-shirt.

Left to right: Keyko, Benny, Hiroyuki-san.

keykobennyRMguy.jpg

Of course, there was lots of flowers send by the companies well known on this board.

fh_eternal_flowers.jpg

Lots of Red Moon wallets

pbj_flw_rm_wallets.jpg

sda_samurai_flowers.jpg

yen_toyu-flowers.jpg

(to be continued)

Here is the Red Moon X some Japanese artist collabo. Made of the usual soft denim as other RM jeans which had been discussed here, these are straight slim cut and feature a large hand-painted skull on the ass. The initial design was that the skull should have been sticking out the red tongue but in view of the imminent lawsuit from Levis, who might have taken a tongue as a red tab imitation, the skull got her mouth closed by mesh.

redmoodskulljeans.jpg

Here you may see the belts and a t-shirt which come free with these jeans (you can see also Take5&Stormy Blue 66 model but I'll post on these later). I will not tell the price as it is not an advertisement post, but they were really free with the jeans. Although I did not buy the RM skull set I still got a tee as a gift from Hiroyuki-san. I wish him to bone Ozawa one day.

t5_66_5.jpg

Some more RM goods:

RM_backpacks.jpg

And something very unexpected:

RM_hats.jpg

(to be continued)

looks fun, i've always wanted to visit that store

just wondering, do they accept international orders? (from the US)

yes. they have online shopping on their website.

link? I like how the companies sent flowers. Too cute.

Wow, I absolutely love the arcuate on the Red Moon jeans. Are they also gonna be available without the skull on the back?

Too bad I probably won't be in HK anytime soon...

The are available without the skull. The ones with it are just a design project.

I can't tell from the pictures but does Take5 carry Steam Locomotive?

Haven't seen the Locomotive, maybe not anymore but not 100% sure. I saw Union Stars and Ai/Okinawas there.

Why are they having a grand opening so late after their move? I was at the new shop at least a month ago and it was already up and running.....

I think it was a lucky day for Benny in Chinese astrology.

Traditional hardcore denim warehouses like Take5 do not open up that often so this event was marked by the release of two Take5 own jeans models. The first model is 66-type is made by Stormy Blue. This company is famous for its slubby but tightly woven denim is Japan which produced on shuttle looms running slow. The denim used for these jeans is rather structured than slubby though, tightly woven with some irregularities in the warp. The details feature brass donut-hole buttons, flannel cloth pockets and "hongkong special" sign on the leather patch.

hangnBack.jpg

t5_66_inside.jpg

Again, I have to repeat that the acruates and tabs on these jeans are a product of my photoshop skills and actual jeans do not violate Levi's Co. Ltd. trademarks in any way whatsoever.

t5_66_accruates.jpg

Here is some pictures of these jeans worn for two weeks:

worn2wks1.jpg

worn2weeks2.jpg

worn2wks3.jpg

worn2wks4.jpg

to be continued

I've been to their old shop on Feb. Very helpful staff and very good selection of denim. I highly recommend visiting, especially around Chinese New Year when they offer a 20% discount on all the stuff sold in the store.

Congratulations & Good-luck in the new place,

Chipopo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...