can these words co-exist? slim, fashion forward, cheap suit?

interp

kill two birds with one stone...

take a holiday to vietnam or thailand... both places have many tailors who do cheap suits tailored to your measurements. im not sure abt ties, but im sure they can throw em in. singapore has cheap skinny ties.

Why that cheap? You could save up a little and get somethng MTM for like $700. That way it'll be exactly what you want and last more than 4 months.

Thorns brings up a good point here and I would say this statement basically destroys my support for Hare (BTW, I stopped by there to buy some more shirts for work and there is basically no real matched suit (jacket and pants) to speak of. I did try on a pair of dress slacks and the button fucking fell off! Me and the Japanese clerck fell all over ourselves apologizing to each other, pretty funny). The suit bellow, however, I would not condem to being in the Hare/Ivalease category, but maybe a few notches above it in terms of quality. Here are pics as promised. It should be noted that I had the pants taken in 2 inches at the waist.

suit2yx1.jpg

Shoeless!

suit1gj9.jpg

suit3eo8.jpg

Thorns brings up a good point here and I would say this statement basically destroys my support for Hare (BTW, I stopped by there to buy some more shirts for work and there is basically no real matched suit (jacket and pants) to speak of. I did try on a pair of dress slacks and the button fucking fell off! Me and the Japanese clerck fell all over ourselves apologizing to each other, pretty funny). The suit bellow, however, I would not condem to being in the Hare/Ivalease category, but maybe a few notches above it in terms of quality. Here are pics as promised. It should be noted that I had the pants taken in 2 inches at the waist.

suit2yx1.jpg

Shoeless!

suit1gj9.jpg

suit3eo8.jpg

Looking flyyyyyy

• 2 weeks later...

Ashimself, a good spot for vintage suits in Toronto is Queen Vintage, on the South Side of Queen between spadina and Bathurst. I picked up a dior glen plaid suit from the 70s there a couple years ago and I rember them having a really solid well-edited selection so it's definitely worth a trip. Be warned though that this is one of the priciest of all the Toronto vintage shops (up there with 69 vintage and less likely to give you free beer).

oh and a disclaimer, I haven't lived in Toronto for over a year so just maybe I have no clue what's going on any more...