what are you eating today?

soepom

hey everyone.

i'm trying to learn more about baking/cooking, and so i'm wondering if any of you know of some good food/recipe blogs or websites to follow. i've found a few, but looking to expand my list. anyway, let me know if you have any suggestions. thanks!

^your take on both of these? im getting a lay of the land on the LA food truck scene and both (especially grill 'em) are on my hit list.

can't decide if i should go with the behemoth or if it'd be too overwhelming after the novelty wears off...

Lard On is definitely worth checking out if you're in a bacon-y mood. They have a diverse enough menu to fit what you're feeling - breakfast, snack, sweet/savory, dinner. The people are super nice and still feeling out spots, etc. I will hit them up again the future.

GEA is ridiculous. The burger was cooked perfectly and as a whole it was on point. The behemoth is no joke. I can usually down a fair amount of food and I ate about 2/3s of it. The sheer heft of it when they handed it to me gave me a little "what-did-i-get-myself-into" moment. Splitting it with someone would be perfect. Just make sure you get there early. We tried to hit them up last week outside of Verdugo Bar but by the time we got there the line was two plus blocks long and the person in front had been there since 6 (service hadn't even started at 8). I heard lunches weren't as bad so we hit downtown today but by the time we left there were probably 70-80 people in line.

^ Forgot to mention the Nom Nom truck was at Verdugo bar too, I'm sure that added to the crowd.

Been a minute. Recent eats:

BJ's Classic Combo deep dish

bjpizza2.png

..and their wings. Fried nicely. Sauced poorly. The fuck is a "drizzle?"

wings2.png

Bun Thit Nuong + other toppings - Pho '77

bun.png

Chili's Southern Smokehouse burger. Bacon was cut nice and thick.. maple coating was almost like candy

cburger.png

Random homemade breakfast:

bfast.png

Beard Papa's new cream-stuffed cruller thing

crueller.png

Super Nachos con Al Pastor. Had better.

snachos.png

Nothing better when it starts to get cold. More Pho '77

pho.png

More poorly sauced (and tiny) wings via Marie Callendar's Grill. BBQ > Raspberry Chipotle > Buffalo

wings1.png

Their Patty melt to which I added their tri-tip chili. Damn good.

ttipmelt.png

Sausage breakfast burrito

bburrito.png

Homemade salmon I made the other night. Tomatoes/caper butter sauce. Tried brown rice but would probably be better with couscous.

salmon.png

Guest White Man's Burden
34414_1593479486426_1519087067_1440195_1402283_n.jpg

"The Brother"

3x Hot Links, Pulled Pork shoulder, Coleslaw, Sauteed onions, Jalapeno.

+ Some Carolina mustard for good measure.

This shit look bomb right here. I think I'm gonna have to hit up some BBQ this weekend. NYC folks - Dino or fette sau?

Guest White Man's Burden

I was in Germany (Hamburg) a few years ago and had some of the absolute worst food I've ever eaten in my entire life. Only decent dish I had was a wiener-schnitzel with some bechamel type sauce on top and fries, but I guess it's hard to fuck up a fried veal cutlet, right?

I pray that Cologne is better, for you sake.

Sup wit all non-US folks called mache/field greens "rocket salad"??