clothing brands that trade in the stock market

Blackplatano

I'm looking for up and coming brands that are unknown now to the general public but are sure to blow up soon. Nudie would have been perfect if they traded publicly. True religion for example, made a huge leap 2-3 years ago when the mainstream discovered it, but is now sure to plummet. I want to catch the next true religion right before it gets trendy.

SF needs a nudie IPO. We would all make enough money to buy the 45 rpm store.

Though I can't stand their clothing, Volcom has done well (though volatile). And it's a pretty well-run company not completely predicated on trendiness, so while maybe overpriced now, probably will do ok. But as others have said, I don't think publicly-traded companies and SF aesthetic overlap too much. Plus I don't think it's the best industry to be putting your money in unless from an entrepreneurial bent.

I'd take target. Their new marketing campaign is branding them as a middle end market(at walmart prices) and it's working. People are starting to equate target with quality and they've been bringing "fashion" in the stores with the collaboration designers and having random stores with True Religion and high end brands. They're making all the right moves to further establish themselves as the walmart of the (growing) middle class and they're starting to make people think they're almost high class. If i had money, i'd invest in target because they're getting bigger and bigger.

I'd stay away from a lot of the A&E, A&F, hollister mall brands because it seems the beach scene might have run its course. Even if it hasn't, there isn't much room for it to grow anymore since it exploded a few years ago.

It would be cool if sufu clothes were up for trade. We'd all have quite the advantage. Instead of levis secretly browing our forums, we'd have charles schwabb and other investors.