New York Streetwear Boutiques

janneh

I know there are quite a few threads on good places to hit in New York and i've found this (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=18929&highlight=new+york+shopping) useful. Is there anyone who can give info on the best boutiques, department stores and which area if any is best to go because I only have 2 days shopping. I know a few shops people are sayin good things about like:

Reed Space

Union

DQM

Prohibit

Stackhouse

Nom de guerre

Century 21

Barneys

Saks Avenue

Blue in green

Can anybody give me a brief description of what one or each of these boutiques/ department stores sell and if they are cheap or expensive. Also if there are any other streetwear specific boutiques worth checking out. Thanks in advance

Go to Soho to shop.

Reed Space - sneakers/t-shirts shit - Don't need to go here

Union - NBHD, Visvim, W)Taps......good shit

DQM - sneakers/t-shirts shit

Prohibit - huh? - Don't need to go here

Stackhouse - sneakers/t-shirts shit - Don't need to go here

Nom de guerre - Fairly expensive. Decent enough store.

Century 21 - Mega-discount store. Out of the way unless you will be down in the financial district.

Barneys - Department store

Saks Avenue - Department store

Blue in green

Look at this:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/city/city.cfm?city=3

Buy this:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/supershop/superguides/superguides.php

the stores (e.g. alife, reed space)in LES are pretty sucky.

every time i go to NYC, i always end up checking LES but never ever see anything

i want from those stores

well I'm looking to get a decent pair of jeans so i'm going to Blue In Green, is there many other places in New York that sell sugarcane? Any discount department stores? The streetwear brands i am looking for are 10 deep, LRG, Mighty Healthy etc. I am looking for formal stuff to but i'll probably just hit a few department stores rather than boutiques.

If you're looking for 10 deep, LRG, mighty healthy I wouldn't reccomend going to any of the stores you mentioned...

Reed Space is actually one of my favorite stores...

Reed Space, DQM and Atmos usually satisfy my need for street wear when i'm ever in NY

Reed Space - Not that large of a selection of streetwear but still a GREAT store IMO...usually have a few kicks, great accessories, interesting reads, nice layout and cool peoples...thereedspace.com

Union - Blah...alot of streetwear crammed in a tiny spot that's been there for awhile...Only clothing that really entices me are the Visvim footwear and Neighborhead denim...

DQM - Dave's cool of shit...great selection of kicks...good selection of streetwear...carries their in-house brand, i believe the only place in NY that carries Huf's in-house brand, and a few others

Prohibit - Only been here once so don't really have much to say about it...

Stackhouse - Hate it...overpriced kicks and some clothing...

Nom De Guerre - Love It...High prices for high quality clothing

well I'm looking to get a decent pair of jeans so i'm going to Blue In Green, is there many other places in New York that sell sugarcane? Any discount department stores? The streetwear brands i am looking for are 10 deep, LRG, Mighty Healthy etc. I am looking for formal stuff to but i'll probably just hit a few department stores rather than boutiques.

you can try this place called asylum, which is a pretty huge denim store one block away from NDG. it's pretty near blue in green too if I remember correctly.

and yeah, all your formal shopping can be done at saks or bloomingdales or bergdorf....theyve got really good stuff.

go to DQM, its an awesome store and dave is really cool

he must be one of the best shop owners in nyc. friendly and doesn't breathe down your neck trying to make you buy shit. nothing much in reed space, union, or stackhouse. prohibit is alright, but there's nothing great. the owner is pretty cool. if you wanna look at denim, there's also a store called atrium across the street from NDG.. they carry some decent stuff.

thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check most of them out!

Anyone know anything about SHQ and Memes?

Also which department store is best in terms of how much they have and value. If you could choose 2 to go to out of these which would they be?

Maceys, Barneys, Century 21, Saks Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Daffys or other

I'll be looking for denim, formal and streetwear.

Thanks in advance

thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check most of them out!

Anyone know anything about SHQ and Memes?

Also which department store is best in terms of how much they have and value. If you could choose 2 to go to out of these which would they be?

Maceys, Barneys, Century 21, Saks Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Daffys or other

I'll be looking for denim, formal and streetwear.

Thanks in advance

i don't know what SHQ is, but i've been to meme's once. i liked store environment, the clothing was okay, nothing i'd wear, but it's a bit "streetwear." it's a small store on great jones st. right off of broadway, but i think it'll be easy to find.