1. 1. which coast is better

• west
    • east

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brooklyn hype needs to die..

ok??? why exactly? i guess because he says so.

whatever, dude. i thought you were the one promoting getting out of the manhattan mindset and loving the other boroughs, but i guess that doesn't apply unless it's where YOU live.

there's tons of great stuff in the bronx, as a matter of fact. tooooonnssss.

and, there's tons of great stuff in brooklyn. tooooonsss.

however, brooklyn hype needs to die because people are starting to treat it like another be-all, end-all of the NYC experience- and by brooklyn, they usually mean greepoint and williamsburg, which are definitely not the only great neighborhoods

that brooklyn has to offer.

brooklyn hype needs to die

Brooklyn is nice, as you said, but it's overrated. It's one large landmass with a shit load of black people to the East. Woooo.

Not that there's anything wrong with black people... being an Asian and all... no... my name is not Kenneth Eng... but I do go to NYU...

there's nothing much to do in brooklyn imo, but i love it.

i love it too, and think there's plenty to do. but maybe at the ripe old age of 26 i'm unhip and out of the loop anyway.

but seriously, all the bouroughs have their attributes. why the hate?

and by brooklyn, they usually mean greepoint and williamsburg, which are definitely not the only great neighborhoods

that brooklyn has to offer.

true. add bushwick to your list of the overhyped. it's all about south brooklyn, for me anyway. used to live up in those neighborhoods, but probably would never move back.

true. add bushwick to your list of the overhyped. it's all about south brooklyn, for me anyway. used to live up in those neighborhoods, but probably would never move back.

yeah, bushwick should definitely be on that list.

red hook and park slope in yr area have gotten a little bit of fanfare from the usual NYC rags, but south brooklyn is still charming and hasn't become too bloated with overdevelopment.

yeah, bushwick should definitely be on that list.

red hook and park slope in yr area have gotten a little bit of fanfare from the usual NYC rags, but south brooklyn is still charming and hasn't become too bloated with overdevelopment.

yeah, redhook is SOOO overrated. if you need to buy a car to get around, why move there? i like walking/riding my bike around there, but that's about it. Gowanus (the sliver of wasteland between Carroll Gardens and Park Slope) is going to blow up w/ development real soon. this worries me, cause i think it will ruin both the surrounding neighborhoods which have been residential for over 100 years... fingers crossed.

Brooklyn is nice, as you said, but it's overrated. It's one large landmass with a shit load of black people to the East. Woooo.

Not that there's anything wrong with black people... being an Asian and all... no... my name is not Kenneth Eng... but I do go to NYU...

Well, Brooklyn isn't one large land-mass. Queens and Long Island are attached.

Actually, all of it used to be called Long Island. But then the city swallowed up Kings and Queens County.

And, uh... yeah. there's black people. and hispanics. and jews. and russians. and italians. shit ton of asians in quite a few areas, actually. i don't quite get your point,

Kenneth. you still writing for AsianWeek?

p.s. when you say, 'but i do go to NYU', that just makes me think of all the horribly racist weirdo vibes the school has given me the past four years. not the school itself, per se, but the student body. wait, dude--

waiiiiiit.

were you that one asian kid in the republican club who took part in the "catch an illegal immigrant game"!?!?!?

walking through williamsburg gives me a nice, homey feeling but it's so hipster...y.

I feel bad but I live in one of the new buildings that are sprouting up to avoid the zoning laws that will outlaw higher residential buildings. Apparently all the cranes you can see around Williamsburg is the mass synchronous orchestration of construction companies beating the deadline...

were you that one asian kid in the republican club who took part in the "catch an illegal immigrant game"!?!?!?

Dude. I was the illegal immigrant. VIVA LA FRANCE.

yeah, redhook is SOOO overrated. if you need to buy a car to get around, why move there? i like walking/riding my bike around there, but that's about it. Gowanus (the sliver of wasteland between Carroll Gardens and Park Slope) is going to blow up w/ development real soon. this worries me, cause i think it will ruin both the surrounding neighborhoods which have been residential for over 100 years... fingers crossed.

ikea's planning to build a store (red hook) there by.... 2008/2009? i don't remember the year. there was a lot of resistance against them but somehow, ikea said "fuck it" and got their way.

ikea's planning to build a store (red hook) there by.... 2008/2009? i don't remember the year. there was a lot of resistance against them but somehow, ikea said "fuck it" and got their way.

as always. 2008 i believe. there is also the Fairway down there now. it's weird, cause they are trying to develop the area in weird ways considering there is no transportation. it doesn't follow the new york development model of recent years: find an accesible transit area and knock down all the rowhouse/warehouses and build fake warehouse-like condos.

they're trying to turn red hook into a destination shopping center experience, basically.

ikea's paying the city to extend bus routes, and ikea is using their own money to fund a ferry service between red hook and midtown.

West Coast wins because EVERY single person from NYC loves to bitch about which neighborhoods "used to be cool", which neighborhoods are "becoming cool", which neighborhoods are "real" and "hard" and the like...........

Save it for when you are 80 years old and have nothing better to talk about.

speaking of red hook. has anyone tried steve's authentic key lime pie?

http://www.stevesauthentic.com/

it's the best fuckin' pie i've ever stuffed in my cakehole.

i'm telling you man, it's awesome. all they do is make key lime pies. that's it. made with real fresh squeezed key lime juice. the have a sign outside their shop that says, "pie's here."

they're expensive but man, they're good.

the west coast is farther away

indeeed.

ikea's paying the city to extend bus routes, and ikea is using their own money to fund a ferry service between red hook and midtown.

is this definitely happening? last i heard they were considering it. if so, that makes a bold statement about how the city feels about the neighborhood.

EVERY single person from NYC loves to bitch about which neighborhoods "used to be cool", which neighborhoods are "becoming cool", which neighborhoods are "real" and "hard" and the like............

it's true, but that's half the fun.

West Coast wins because EVERY single person from NYC loves to bitch about which neighborhoods "used to be cool", which neighborhoods are "becoming cool", which neighborhoods are "real" and "hard" and the like...........

Save it for when you are 80 years old and have nothing better to talk about.

Yo son...I'm real hard right now..is that cool Bitch?