Best Watch For Under 1000 Bucks.

Brienneoftarth

I am open to vintage and new. I like the chronograph look. My style is very utilitarian and un-fancy. So I would want something in that vein. I would want something with low maintenance, but truth be told, I am not very knowledgable on watches so any info would help.

THANKS!

If you like the chronograph look and have a grand to blow go for a Speedmaster Reduced... easy to find in that range

how about best vintage brands? any bell n ross type stuff that retails for 2-3 and vintage sells for around a grand?

If you are looking for military/pilot's watches, Russian makers Poljot, and Buran (most around $1000 though) are great.

2vm68b6.jpg

Victorinox just came out with this limited chronograph (although it is right at your budget = $1000). They usually make much cheaper watches but their reputation is decent in terms of ability to deal with wear and tear. Dunno if I'd drop a grand on them though.

Ambassador XL:

2vcakv6.jpg

2lw7m7c.jpg

If you want a more tech/military watch, Special Ops has some in your price range:

https://specialopswatch.com/

hey england, i also like the specialops watch. however, i don't know how i would feel wearing a watch that says, "special ops" on it. that's why i went with the black casio protek prg-80:

http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/discountchronographs?imageID=528&op=imgLib-viewImage

it's the one on top.

solar powered

compass

barometer

altimeter

titanium band

waterproof

and it tells the time too.

Good question and good budget.

Here's my list (not comprehensive and some may need to be purchased used)

Omega Seamaster

Omega Dynamic Date

Sinn 656 (others work too but I love the 656)

Oris

Bell & Ross

Longines

Whatever you do, please don't get U-Boat or Movado.

Yea, check timezone.com for some used watches. Sometimes you can find some BR03-92's for a good price. I have seen them go for around $1200 or so (I know, a little over your budget but if it's really what you want...). You can also find some Panerai Bases for around 1300-1500. (www.paneristi.com)

If you are looking for military/pilot's watches, Russian makers Poljot, and Buran (most around $1000 though) are great.

2vm68b6.jpg

Victorinox just came out with this limited chronograph (although it is right at your budget = $1000). They usually make much cheaper watches but their reputation is decent in terms of ability to deal with wear and tear. Dunno if I'd drop a grand on them though.

Ambassador XL:

2vcakv6.jpg

2lw7m7c.jpg

If you want a more tech/military watch, Special Ops has some in your price range:

https://specialopswatch.com/

these russian joint are nice as hell, im off to do more research

[edit]

i found this site, http://www.vostok-watches.com/start.php?main.php

seems neat, but need to find if its legit, and what not.

I would recommend a RXW Plasmir Milgraph. Get someone from Japan to get you the manual wind. The American reserves are gone. You will not regret it. You can expect a Swiss (hybrid movement) with Japanese Quality Control. I've been searching for one of Ken Sato's Marinas for ages now (Ayn has one). Very few watches that cost less then a grand appreciate as well as the RXW Plasmir Milgraph.