The Most Depressing Movie EVAR: Babel

Aeros

Babel had great acting, great shot selection, and great directing, but the story line was just over the top. If this movie wins best picture it will be, because it took it took its characters (some of whom were rediculously depressing to begin with) and put them in rediculous situations, not because it was a genuinely good film. I must say that Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and his compatriot Guillermo Arriaga are two sick bastards for coming up with that overly depressing piece of cinema. That's my two cents.

EDIT: I'd say that this review was definately spot on: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15363019/site/newsweek/

I agree with poly. Babel was really weak. I only liked the story of the japanese girl and Rinko Kikuchi was great. I think I would really enjoy a full movie based just on that story.

the whole 3 story vignettes are starting to get old as well.....i'd personally love to see him try something new as opposed to rest on his laurels...

I agree with poly. Babel was really weak. I only liked the story of the japanese girl and Rinko Kikuchi was great. I think I would really enjoy a full movie based just on that story.

yeah right, tell the truth the only reason you liked their storyline was because you like japanese denim.

I agree. Didn't think it was really depressing at all.

I wouldn't say I regretted watching it, but I wasn't horribly impressed. Great cinematography and acting, but the tie-ins weren't that great. Not even half as great as the come-together in Crash, for instance.

I agree. Didn't think it was really depressing at all.

I wouldn't say I regretted watching it, but I wasn't horribly impressed. Great cinematography and acting, but the tie-ins weren't that great. Not even half as great as the come-together in Crash, for instance.

X 2 on these thoughts. thanks for saving me some typing eng.

on another note Requiem for a Dream was some shit. chat away

c'mon guys

it's definitely better than lost in translation

agree .. the tie-ins were kinda weak but u know the message is quite good--although perhaps a bit obvious and convoluted--but it's nice nonetheless. the ending only has to be like that cus it's a hollywood movie, what more do u expect

good, enjoyable, and nice looking.

• 2 months later...

Noo way babel was super disappointing not sad at all.

Now 21 grams was depressing needed a shower after that one.

How about fresh when the kid hangs and shoots that dog that was sad.

I think one movie ive seen that is pretty sad is about last night with Demi moore.