Cinch-Back Jeans

aubrgene

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aubrgene,

If you don't want the high rise of the 1930s and would like the selvege outseam, I'd recommend the 1920s to you. I had a pair of 1930s which I ended up exchanging for the 1920s and I was very happy with my decision (go dig up the old Duckdigger thread for pics). I'd email Gordon first to see what he has in his inventory. I'm sure he'd put an order in for you if you wanted. Alternatively, if you're in a rush, you could try ordering through own-magazine.net. However, I'm not sure how reliable they are, as not many people here have ordered from there (and Gordon is def a stand-up dude)

Depends what you're waiting for ;)

Well I'm a fan of the Diggers in general, mainly due to the denim, which is one of my all time favourites, and because they are different to the myriad of 501s in reproland.

However my own personal choice for the Diggers would be without the cinch ;)

Be aware that those 1930s don't feature a visible selvedge outseam. It, like their wonderful, lightweight 1601 10th Anniversary pants, features a felled outseam.

The 1930s also are very long in the rise.

If all that is OK by you, then pull the trigger. Very fine jeans. I have to say that Blue in Green buy very well indeed.

I appreciate your thoughtful insights, as usual.

Thanks Jubei- I'll take note. I'm not 100% sold on the 1930s. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

I don't know what size you are but these ROCK and they look to be in like new condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Levis-1929-Buckle-Back-201-Denim-Jeans-Big-E-33x34-MINT_W0QQitemZ190080829352QQihZ009QQcategoryZ52386QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I agree, everything (blackened donuts buttons, crotch rivet, cinch, blue line #2 selvage denim, arcuate, Valencia St made) about the 20s 201s are nice indeed. They wear SO COOL also.

OMG. They really are nice. Is that shrink to fit? I wonder... cuz I"m a 32 in Levis raw shrink to fit.. I"m really a 30/31 Waist. Thanks airfrogusmc!

Do you like them? Which ones are your favorites? I am thinking of purchasing a pair. I have several low rise/ slim cut jeans and 501 repros and now ready for something different. I've thought about Studio D' Artisan's SD-D01's but not sure about the fit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

aubrgene, How about these? Normal superb Flat Head construction and attention to detail:

s5003_b-mid.jpg

Available from mid/end March. Sizes 25-34, 36 & 38. Raw 13.5oz selvedge.

Drop me a note for more info Arcuate and tags on the current production run will likely be different from the above (for obvious reasons!)

aubrgene, How about these? Normal superb Flat Head construction and attention to detail:

s5003_b-mid.jpg

Available from mid/end March. Sizes 25-34, 36 & 38. Raw 13.5oz selvedge.

Drop me a note for more info

Thanks Flathead-- awesome, awesome jeans!

I agree, everything (blackened donuts buttons, crotch rivet, cinch, blue line #2 selvage denim, arcuate, Valencia St made) about the 20s 201s are nice indeed. They wear SO COOL also.

I looked at the jeans very closely and I noticed there weren't any red tabs on the rear pocket. Was this purposely left off for that year/style? Just wondered.

They're a 20s replica, hence before the red tag appeared (1936).

Thanks Paul! They're reall nice jeans and ready to buy it if it were only my size. Maybe a size up wouldn't be too bad. Hard call... thanks again.

those edwins are pretty nice, what I really really like are jeans with a cinch below the belt line so you can wear a belt, unfortunately this isnt all that common either a belt would get in the way of the cinch or they have suspender buttons around the waist etc, those flathead would be a "next purchase" if only the cinch was 2inches lower...

No way Viv! Cinch below belt = what's the point of the cinch then?! And before you say looks, imo it looks rubbish under the belt loops, like an afterthought. The best cinchbacks imo are the 1937 201xx and the 1936/7 Lee 101 Hair on Hide's.

No way Viv! Cinch below belt = what's the point of the cinch then?! And before you say looks, imo it looks rubbish under the belt loops, like an afterthought. The best cinchbacks imo are the 1937 201xx and the 1936/7 Lee 101 Hair on Hide's.

wow, I almost feel ive offended you! You have such a passion for jeans! Firstly, i do really like the look of it, my tops usually fall over my belt so its nice to have a low cinch that shows. Secondly' id like to still be able to wear a belt so that the waist doesnt stretch, I dont know if cinches stretch, probably hardly (?), but yeah, I allways wear a belt.

Synthi- Canes are amazing still! I have some pics in the WYWTchat edition in trash, im kinda confused as to what to wear with them sometimes, but yeah, super happy!