legit check on Lee 101z

xerikx

Not knowing much about Lee and knowing a lot about how ebay can be..

Do these look legit to anyone who knows Lee 101s?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LVC-LEE-JEANS-101Z-36W-X-34L-NEW-WITH-TAGS_W0QQitemZ300083809842QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are legit but I think from the lee euro line (I could be wrong on that); but don't buy them if you want a lee repro. For one thing he has the reserve set for more than 50USD unless you buy those for under 50usd they aren't worth it. Buy the Sugarcane 1945 lee cowboy repro they are way hotter and have sexy sexy selvedge.

These are not exact repros. They are part of the 101 range that has been almalgamated into the Gold Label range along with Lee Originals (The Edwin produced models). The 101 range took inspiration from the old original 101s but they played about with them to make them more appealing to the modern day consumer. They originalled reatailed for about £65 / £70 in the UK about 3 or 4 seasons ago so are not the latest incarnation.

i;ve seen these on sale in the last 12 months; usually closer to £55 than £70 - the price was reduced from the previous Lee Euro repros when they switched to projectile loom selvage. The denim does fade very nicely, and they would be worth paying $60 for, if postage is not too high, but not a lot more...

From the picture, I'm not so sure that they are selvedge (or half-slevedge), even thought they claim they are. Forget what that seam is called, but it looks like they added an extra piece of fabric over the seam and then sewed it down with yellow stitching. Anyway, I think the Real McCoy's makes a pretty faithfull 101z repro.

lee101z.jpg

From the Lightning Real McCoy Funbook.