What do you guys think of VANS?

Jackyc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm partial to the SK8 highs, and there have been some pretty dope ones in the past. these days it seems like theyre kinda wacked out tho. some horrible colors and cheesy prints. and the shape of the shoe is horrible now, they got like camel humps on the toe.

the old caballero hi-tops are sick with the dragon skin. i need some of those.

but in all seriousness, the illest ones out are the japanese vans SK8 highs like all those Undercover crossover joints... bangin. they even got the OG "off the wall" tongue tag and the shape is true original

Quote:

i'm partial to the SK8 highs, and there have been some pretty dope ones in the past. these days it seems like theyre kinda wacked out tho. some horrible colors and cheesy prints. and the shape of the shoe is horrible now, they got like camel humps on the toe.

the old caballero hi-tops are sick with the dragon skin. i need some of those.

but in all seriousness, the illest ones out are the japanese vans SK8 highs like all those Undercover crossover joints... bangin. they even got the OG "off the wall" tongue tag and the shape is true original

--- Original message by Meth Huffer on May 10, 2005 08:02 PM

lol where can i find those?

maybe in toronto or online?

as far as i know, no one on this side of the world sells them, you can only buy them in Japan. the vans from JP are made in a totally separate factory as those from the US, which is why they look superior. and they retail for a hell of a lot more.

you might be able to find them online on one of those rakuten shops, but i dunno if they ship. watch out the prices are hefty sometimes and sizes are limited to smaller sizes, not too many bigger then a 10.5US.

Edited by Meth Huffer on May 10, 2005 at 08:15 PM

Quote:

haha Jupa maybe you could pull-off those polkadots but think of all the skintight-black-jeans-wearing 15 yr olds that are gonna be rockin them joints. not pretty.

and yeah man, custom vans! choose your sidewall stripe color and everything...should've gone in on some back in the day but kept hittin the navy suede, light blue canvas w/white stripe sk8 hi's... i even had this crazy pair of half-shell style sk8 hi's in that colorway back in like 89! never saw those again before or after.

Supreme's halfcabs, sk8 hi's and chukkas were ill...they gonna be droppin another run this year?

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on May 10, 2005 07:54 PM

what do u think of this slip-on

http://vans.speedera.net/shop.vans.com/image/4783176A.jpg

or this sk8-hi?

http://vans.speedera.net/shop.vans.com/image/0100176A.jpg

but i did see a black one with skull that did look alrightt..but then that was 5 months ago.

vans go hardman - i've been loyal to the slip on's tho the era's go just as hard (i'm too lazy for laces). i've never been a fan of other vans styles but a friend of mine gave me a new pair of the all white alvas and they were shit hot....anyone know if these are still available?

AAAAAAAHHHHH.....lass uns kiffen

Quote:

vans go hardman - i've been loyal to the slip on's tho the era's go just as hard (i'm too lazy for laces). i've never been a fan of other vans styles but a friend of mine gave me a new pair of the all white alvas and they were shit hot....anyone know if these are still available?

--- Original message by leaaaah on May 10, 2005 09:47 PM

haha fan of slip-on

thats cool to hear

are you a guy or girl tho

fuck, buy what you like. who cares what some jaded shithead or some blazer-covered-in-shitty-silkscreen and girls jeans wearing artfag thinks about slipons.

and those dollins remind me of the nu-skool a little, dunno. missed those barbees when they released them recently, shoulda got them.

i just really wish i had me some pairs of the vans mike carrolls...that shoe was THE best, no question.

I know a certain superfuture'er was just selling some on ebay, too bad they weren't my size...looking for a 9 if anyones got 'em...looking at yout BOATS, where you at?

Quote:

oooooh...for guys? mmmm.....i'm diggin the black/lime, khaki/choc checkers....the grey/burnt orange ones are a little bit hot too....even the chicory/mineral yellow.....yeeeaaaaah....

--- Original message by leaaaah on May 10, 2005 10:28 PM

yeah im feeling the khaki/choc checkers too

I have a strong attachment with Vans since it was the first skate shoe I skated in. I had the sk8 hi black and skull prints on red canvas, this was sometime around '89. I haven't seen one in any store or online at the moment, but would be glad if someone out there saw it and can point me to one. I still wear Vans at work, and maybe lookiing to skate again. Did any of you remember those Vans with mosquito prints on them?, it was some sort of special edition back in the days.

I remeber in 84 or 85 in my local skate and bike shop, Pedersons here in SLC UT, I bought my first pair of sk8 hi's - They had a little catalogue that you could "design your own shoe" where you could choose your own print for the upper, laces and outsole too. They had tons of options - symbols, bugs, skulls, animals, on and on, its been so long tho so i cant remember all the things you could choose - i think you could even get a right shoe with a different design than the left. I recal my first pair was one that was in stock with panels of purple green black and red checks. Anyone remember the "design your own" ??

Quote:
Quote: i just really wish i had me some pairs of the vans mike carrolls...that shoe was THE best, no question.

can't believe i passed these up at the outlets in 97

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on May 11, 2005 04:26 AM

haha honestly dude

there's gotta be some shitty little shop somewhere that is sitting on a pile of those still though

not sure if I remember the fly - but since you said madrid.. got me thinkin to the old lucero i had..then started thinking of all the zorlacs i had with the pushead art... damn im an old fucker - hah...some things never leave you

Madrid Fly was a great piece for the collection thank good i have kept some for the collection. But the best edition i found was a Vans that had been in collaboration with Coors the beer....

So many Vans....If you want pics give us a shout..

Its a shame about the production now. I just cant imagine wearing a pair now. The soles are just too chunky..Anyway..

Japanese editions are ok. But i gotta say althought i am not so much of a converse wearer Converse is better over there. Collectors we deal with always looking for the Made in Japan that is stamped in...

Baba www.concept10.co.uk