What do you guys think of VANS?

Jackyc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cannot go wrong with classic vans, although the 'vault' series is an atrocity. that 'slims' garbage they've done to the soles on some of the models is wack as well. they need to just stick to the basics while releasing more suede colors for half-cabs, skate-hi's and chukkas. canvas slip-ons are great as well.

Edited by rhythmandsound on May 10, 2005 at 11:20 AM

Quote:

you cannot go wrong with classic vans, although the 'vault' series is an atrocity. that 'slims' garbage they've done to the soles on some of the models is wack as well. they need to just stick to the basics while releasing more suede colors for half-cabs, skate-hi's and chukkas. canvas slip-ons are great as well.

Edited by rhythmandsound on May 10, 2005 at 11:20 AM

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on May 10, 2005 11:18 AM

i like skate-hi too

although i find some of the "vault" series alright, just some of the slip on vaults tho

slipons are cool for chicks...other than that you're probably a kook if you're wearing them, sure sure you were the first guy on your block or in your art school with check slipons, whatever, they're deaded, move on.

but i love me some halfcabs, that shoe is amazing, sk8hi and los, those mountain editions were very nice, chukkas are probably #1 right now...the new lo cab looks uhhh ok, weird, not sure yet.

Slip ons are dope no matter what any other clowns say..

It's a casual shoe (better than wearing a flip flop when you have on denim) & if people

thinks they're just for chicks their dick is probably just too small...

The Chukka's are dope as hell as well although they make your feet look mad small IMO (I know

that's a desired affect for some).

Skate highs are perfect.

Some of the colorways are busted as hell & no Vans style is immune to this problem.

But you can certainly rock most Vans!

-Dub

long time lurker - 1st post

must defend the slip on. yeah, it must be a regional dis-like for the slip ons man

can't go wrong as long as you stay away from some of those lame newer prints.

checks rock - skulls - solids.. mmm tasty

good enough for spicoli - good enough for me

im 33 next week and just bought another pair of red checks and black skate his

vans all the way

My point was, who the fuck would wear flip flops (especially with jeans)...

& that slip ons work much better for that particular vibe!

Whatever though Duke... LOL

But if it's not "cool" to wear them around your way... by all means, play by your

hoods rules. LOL

-Dub

Quote:

vans slip ons are pretty much exclusively the only sneaker i will rock

and i dunno what you guys are talking about, guys look totally hott in vans

--- Original message by thefantastique on May 10, 2005 03:13 PM

guys/girls opinion..

lol

Quote:

get a pair of both -

luckily i have an outlet store close -

--- Original message by deim23 on May 10, 2005 03:14 PM

haha i dont want both yet

cause im gonna get an addidas 35th and a pair of vans

just dont know sk8-hi or slip on

how is some fool typing "LOL" trying to clown me?

once again, maybe it's where i'm at. but some blazer wearing shitbag art student is all i ever see in slipons.

well that and once i saw danny way wearing them, but that was '95.

motherfuckers aren't entitled to an opinion i guess.

and i would take sk8 his over slips any day of the week/month/year.

i don't give a fuck what anyone says...90% of all shoes that vans puts out are crap, but the other 10% are def on point...mostly old schools, chukkas, and slip-ons. also, imo the vault releases make up most of the decent pairs of the past couple years (ie. prison issues and green crackle slip-ons), although, i do like some of the japanese releases (the striped old school highs and the neon camo slip-ons) and the supreme colab. and that flip-flop shit is pure fuckery...i rock flops 1/3 of the year...and i look good as shit...even in jeans. it's about the comfort...fuck what other people think. you can call me a fag or whatever, but i still get over.

RHFIV

MY PROBLEM WITH VANS YOU HAVE TO WEAR SMALLER PANTS THAT WON'T END UP UNDER THE HEEL WHILE YOU WALK. ASIDE FROM THAT THE VAULT STARTED OUT GOOD BUT TOOK A SHIT. THERE'S A NEW DIVISION SYNIDCATE THAT'S MAKING COVERT MOVES. RTHQ I THINK HAD THE 'TOONS UP. THE REST OF THE LINE IS SICK. OUT FOR SPRING 06.

I REMEMBER THEY HAD A "NIKE ID" PROGRAM BACK IN DAY. YOU COULD SEND IN YOUR OWN FABRIC [sTAR WARS BED SHEETS] AND THEY'D MAKE THEM CUSTOM.

FURTHER NERDING INDICATES THAT THE POLKA DOTTED DOLLIN'S ARE LIKE TOTALLY FRIGGIN' A.

ALTHOUGH I WOULD SURMISE THAT ONCE WEARING THEM AN OVERLY STUFFED SKATE TONGUE WILL RUIN THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE.

YES, THE OVERLY STUFFED SKATE TONGUE INDEED....

SHIT IS WACKâ„¢

haha Jupa maybe you could pull-off those polkadots but think of all the skintight-black-jeans-wearing 15 yr olds that are gonna be rockin them joints. not pretty.

and yeah man, custom vans! choose your sidewall stripe color and everything...should've gone in on some back in the day but kept hittin the navy suede, light blue canvas w/white stripe sk8 hi's... i even had this crazy pair of half-shell style sk8 hi's in that colorway back in like 89! never saw those again before or after.

Supreme's halfcabs, sk8 hi's and chukkas were ill...they gonna be droppin another run this year?