Supreme 2007 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in NY today, place is starting to look a little barren, stock wise.

Had summer T shirts (minus the Puppet and Skull Skates ones) in a variety of colors, some colorways were gone though, like the black miles, and yellow showbiz.

They restocked Fila Polo's today apparently, which are going for 68 bucks now.

Had college pullover hoodies, Public Enemy, and the Parental Advisory zip up.

Hawaiian shirts were left too, along with the over dyed baseball T and the football one. Few jackets left, like the camo parka and that red houndstooth looking one. All colors of backpacks and duffles were in too it looked like.

For pants, I saw jeans and chinos, had the Wtaps shorts and pants, and some of the fruitier color shorts. Had the Highlander, Public Enemy, and waves new era's along with beanies and snapbacks.

^good read

1 thing in particular interested me : I never knew they were owned by the same person...

^^ don't forget about Union

Jebbia's a co-owner for these stores.

Quick supreme question here. I have read confilcting posts about whether supreme tee shirts are available in size Small. Are they just stocked once in a while? I would just really like one Miles Davis shirt in black size small if they even exist.

No small.

Quick supreme question here. I have read confilcting posts about whether supreme tee shirts are available in size Small. Are they just stocked once in a while? I would just really like one Miles Davis shirt in black size small if they even exist.
never saw tees in small, but i remember other goods being made in small.

Seriously, I love Supreme and all, but for the $130 price tag, Id expect something a bit better. This has got to be the worst fitting and cheaply made jacket I have ever tried on.

for reals? the lightweight parka is crap?!? damn, in the pics they look pretty nice...

for reals? the lightweight parka is crap?!? damn, in the pics they look pretty nice...

IMO, it is crap. Basically I saw it during my lunch break and fell in love, especially since it was on sale. Came back after work to try it on and it felt like crap and not what I was expecting. I think its too thin, the fabric sucks, and it is too wide on the bottom. Im not cheap or anything, I mean anyone who shops in Supreme can really be called cheap, but I wouldnt pay $130 for it, its more of a $60 jacket.

medium is the smallest for the regular tees, however they do small for constructed tees and other cut and sewn... size small tends to be irritatingly limited in my experience, like sometimes one piece per colorway in some styles.

it was funny seeing some of the supreme guys working the union reopening, fam indeed

I guess I'll ask my question again in a more refined state because I'm kind of curious about the answer.

What does the more underground skateboarding culture think about Supreme these days? And I don't mean any old skate group, I mean the real trendsetting kids who were responsible for the brand's rise in the first place. Is the same love still there or has it "sold out" in many peoples' eyes? Have resellers and endless hype put the brand into a somewhat ridiculed state? Supreme is already over-hyped as it is, and I have a hard time believing that these kids would let a single brand stay on top for so long, but I'm having a hard time seeing another brand that has the potential of "over-throwing" Supreme and earning the love of Japanese tourists.

I don't think this is a very easy question to answer, but I'm sure someone out there is up for it. 78 maybe?

Thanks in advance. Knowledge and discussion are good, right? So is saving this thread from echoing what transpired over the last page (too late for that though)...

I guess I'll ask my question again in a more refined state because I'm kind of curious about the answer.

What does the more underground skateboarding culture think about Supreme these days? And I don't mean any old skate group, I mean the real trendsetting kids who were responsible for the brand's rise in the first place. Is the same love still there or has it "sold out" in many peoples' eyes? Have resellers and endless hype put the brand into a somewhat ridiculed state? Supreme is already over-hyped as it is, and I have a hard time believing that these kids would let a single brand stay on top for so long, but I'm having a hard time seeing another brand that has the potential of "over-throwing" Supreme and earning the love of Japanese tourists.

I don't think this is a very easy question to answer, but I'm sure someone out there is up for it. 78 maybe?

Thanks in advance. Knowledge and discussion are good, right? So is saving this thread from echoing what transpired over the last page (too late for that though)...

A few points..

If you peep out blogs of skateboarders from ny all the "underground" skate culture guys are still totally down with supreme. This is why everyone seems to at times posess the whole "pissy" attitude there i suppose, because little resellers and kids are walking around with their fresh supreme tees they know nothing about and 2,000 dollar air maxes they just unds'ed. Although, it's probably more so due to the fact supreme is just like skateboarders who have the rebellious attitude towards the whole "mainstream" way of living or seeing things. When you skate everything is different as far as i'm concerned, people will never understand why you like this or that about skating or why you skate, it's just something you can't understand i suppose unless you do.

Andcheck out thegreendiamond.com, greetingsputney.blogspot.com, corporans blog (manager @ supreme NY), epiclylaterd.com, and many more. everyone on there is basically just.. a pure skate rat..i dunno how else to put it. You see supreme being worn regularly, because reguardless of who else is wearing it it's still the brand doing it for them- staying true to the skate scene not blowing up like certain brands. There's a reason why they only have a few things on display. There's a reason why the clothing is expensive and limited. They don't want there shop to look like just a silly chain mall skate shop with tons of gross low quality goods just sitting around like clutter that was made just to roll in the cash and support the whole publicized skate image. They don't want your average joe sporting a box tee he got from his skate shop at the mall near his towns main area. The shop has everything you really need from hardgoods (decks/trucks/wheels etc) to all the high quality clothing you would need, often made in the US / Canada. It's expensive for that reason. James Jebbia said it himself in an interview, it's not for the masses, its for the people who just know whats up with the brand.They don't reveal much about themselves because it all goes along with what the brand is about, and it's exactly what they want, and all the original skate rats want from the area.

I dunno what else to really say. Supreme just has stayed so true to the nyc skate scene it's remarkable. From the references, collabs, how they run shit, etc. I feel like i'm just rambling on and saying the same shit. If this hasn't answered your question I feel like nothing I'll say after this will anyways.

Thanks for the great answer RutanSB. I know what you're saying but the issue at hand for me is that while those might have been great reasons for Supreme being as great as it was in the past, they don't really apply anymore. I'm certain no one buys Supreme for the quality anymore, and it no longer really qualifies as going "against the mainstream." And if you wanted to get a specific item from Supreme, resellers are changing how that all works. So the problem is that none of the things you mentioned really apply anymore, right? It seems to me like those reasons have been replaced by 2 simple things, loyalty and hype, (aside from their designs/references, many of which are great) and it just surprises me that the same mentality that drew kids to Supreme in the first place isn't pushing them away from it for the same reasons.

Sorry wEstSidE :D But honestly, would you rather have to deal with stocklist after authenticity check after pointless comment until the next news post? I'm not trying to argue with anyone here, I'm just trying to keep things interesting and informative for everyone :)

It seems like there isn't much objectivity when it comes examining Supreme as a brand and that's all I'm trying to introduce.

Palabok, no, the black is printed with white.

sinchrono , good topic, but u have to think one thing into consideration and that is that nothing works in isolation . Relative to other brands, supreme IS good quality , its not amazing on every garment, and the tees are slipping, but i find the packs and the cut/sew very well made/creative.

that being said, what other skate brands are able to keep distrubtion so tight, what other brands can make a tee like "suck my cunt" or "teenage lust" and not get petititons signed by armies of soccer moms.

that is the glory of supreme in a nutshell

and i do LIKE the brand, but im not a fanboy, if they make whack shit sometimes, i dont touch it with a 10ft pole

rubtan gave a pretty comphrensive answer.

Thanks for the great answer RutanSB. I know what you're saying but the issue at hand for me is that while those might have been great reasons for Supreme being as great as it was in the past, they don't really apply anymore. I'm certain no one buys Supreme for the quality anymore, and it no longer really qualifies as going "against the mainstream."

There are others on this board who can speak better to the quality of Supreme products, and I hope they chime in here.

I'll just say that, with a few slight exceptions, if you think you are getting anything better from anyone else you are fooling yourself.

There are others on this board who can speak better to the quality of Supreme products, and I hope they chime in here.

I'll just say that, with a few slight exceptions, if you think you are getting anything better from anyone else you are fooling yourself.

I understand what you mean, that's why I mentioned that while everyone might be able to chime in about what's good/bad about Supreme that's not really what I'm looking for -- it'll take a specific type of person to give me the angle I'm looking for and I'm hoping they'll stop by :P

In case it isn't evident already I'm fucking bored, I've spent all night studying for a damned test and I just don't want to look at Organic Chemistry anymore, ever.

it wasn't meant to be an insult.

it just doesn't really matter if supreme is still trendy or not. because

a) if you (not you specifically) are dressing up to impress the opposite sex, there are much better ways to do it

B) if you are dressing up to impress other dudes then you have problems.

the people who appreciate the design and the quality will keep buying their stuff. and the people who "get" and can actually relate to the brand will continue to do so as well. it just seems incredibly superficial to basically ask on an internet forum whether or not supreme is still cool.