german trainer clones

Guest jmatsu

besides dior and mm mentioned in various threads does anyone have info on other brand/shop originals?

heres a couple

edifice (vinyl with gum sole)

beams original (hi cut with chain)

american rag cie (hi cut that resembles the make of a nike terminator)

I finally got a pair of the real things, but do you have any links jmatsu? A friend of mine liked mine and asked where he could get them. Ordering through someone from germany(Felix is my hero) would probably turn him off some. Links would be cool.

i forgot about the adidas bws. the black are wonderful.

i just remembered that fred perry also released their version (the same as the original w/ their logo on it).

while the origianl ones are the most fashion foward, almost every single remake or remix version is built with more comfort and more durability.

I finally got a pair of the real things, but do you have any links jmatsu? A friend of mine liked mine and asked where he could get them. Ordering through someone from germany(Felix is my hero) would probably turn him off some. Links would be cool.

i usually found out about them from going into the stores, but i do recall that the american rag cie hi cut was on line a long time ago on zozo.

i have also discovered a rick owens dunk look alike clone (blatant clone by jap company, not a replica). i was thinking about throwing my pride away and buying it for around 200 bucks, but i couldn't ( i wouldn't blame anyone because the rick owens ones are like 1000 bucks).

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yea, those look better than the german ones i bought. The toebox doesn't look as narrow, which is what bugs me about mine. I got some new white sneaks so i might sell mine soon.

Yea, those look better than the german ones i bought. The toebox doesn't look as narrow, which is what bugs me about mine. I got some new white sneaks so i might sell mine soon.

the brand who put those out would make you vomit.

they are perforated as well.

Not sure how i feel about being perforated. I mean, could be decent for spring/summer clothes but i dunno, i've never owned perforated shoes.

83712602fp6.jpg

like 45 dollars on the site

aldo

They only have size 45/US12 on there. I can wear size 12 Adidas and Puma, but some 12s are too small. Any insight?

My size 12 Adidas and Pumas have the euro size listed as 46 which makes me think I may be out of luck. :( Wish I had seen that on the site sooner. They have these, but they are way uglier.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=67187201&&var=d&ckey=US&colorid=70

there was a really long article about this in non-no a while ago, 2 pages at least, i think it was 4. no idea what issue though. my favorite ones were by lee, strangely enough.

besides the low pricepoint, why was lee your favorite? even this aldo looks more interesting.

• 1 month later...
They only have size 45/US12 on there. I can wear size 12 Adidas and Puma, but some 12s are too small. Any insight?

My size 12 Adidas and Pumas have the euro size listed as 46 which makes me think I may be out of luck. :( Wish I had seen that on the site sooner. They have these, but they are way uglier.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=67187201&&var=d&ckey=US&colorid=70

I actually caved and bought these in store ($49.99) today, and after spending some time pulling off all the eyelets, they actually look pretty decent.

Hi,

thought not post a new thread cause this kind of relevant to this.

I will be visiting Frankfurt soon and I'm thinking of copping pair of those original german army models. So now I'm asking does anyone know where to get them in the Frankfurt area. Is there a somekind of army surplus chain or something?

Thanks for any help!

the brand who put those out would make you vomit.

they are perforated as well.

aldo right? i wander in there from time to time to peep ugly square toed loafers and thought these didnt look half bad considering the source and price.

edit: just saw this

83712602fp6.jpg

like 45 dollars on the site

aldo

i guess if you have no other resources they arent horrible and the lack of branding is nice but still...

FQ R- their take on the german trainers are probably the some of the best i've seen in a while. don't really know much about the brand (they do cluthin as well), but the stitching is slightly different on the sides. highlights include a mid-cut very different from the mmm mid model this season. FQ R's mid's opening is wider, but the nose/bottom is probably sleeker than that of an original gt. they seem to use luxury leather and i guess it somewhat jusitifies the high price points.

blank.gif

440755761B_2.jpg

blank.gif441101871B_2.jpg

blank.gif440972291B_2.jpg

blank.gif441101901B_2.jpg