Help me with paypal chargebacks

herpsky

Dear SuFu eBay experts:

I recently sold a high-priced item on eBay to a buyer located in Ireland.

Instead of using EMS, I sent the item by USPS Global Priority. Global priority has always worked well for me and they've never lost a single package before.

I sent the package on Feb 3rd and it's been 11 days. As I was told that the item would arrive in the UK within 5-7 business days, the impatient buyer filed a claim against me yesterday.

-I do have a semi-functioning tracking number that lets me see when the package was accepted. In addition, I have the original receipt from the post office (the one I received when I shipped the item). I took a picture of the receipt and posted to the dispute console. The tracking # of Global Priority cannot show the delivery status of the package.

-I have 65 positive feedbacks. all positive.

-I am a verified paypal user with a confirmed address.

-The buyer has a confirmed address as well.

1)Do global priority mail get delayed often...?

2)There is a possibility that the buyer is falsely claiming that he didn't get the package.

Can I win?

This is my first time dealing with a case like this.

Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

Dear SuFu eBay experts:

I recently sold a high-priced item on eBay to a buyer located in Ireland.

Instead of using EMS, I sent the item by USPS Global Priority. Global priority has always worked well for me and they've never lost a single package before.

I sent the package on Feb 3rd and it's been 11 days. As I was told that the item would arrive in the UK within 5-7 business days, the impatient buyer filed a claim against me yesterday.

-I do have a semi-functioning tracking number that lets me see when the package was accepted. In addition, I have the original receipt from the post office (the one I received when I shipped the item). I took a picture of the receipt and posted to the dispute console. The tracking # of Global Priority cannot show the delivery status of the package.

-I have 65 positive feedbacks. all positive.

-I am a verified paypal user with a confirmed address.

-The buyer has a confirmed address as well.

1)Do global priority mail get delayed often...?

2)There is a possibility that the buyer is falsely claiming that he didn't get the package.

Can I win?

This is my first time dealing with a case like this.

Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

dude, in my experience, YOU'RE FUCKED. Paypal does NOTHING to help an honest seller, i'm 99 verified sells, and last year i sent a pair of infrared air max's to germany priority. Guy claimed he never got it, and filed a claim with paypal. Since germany ISN'T COVERED under paypal's seller protection (only US, UK, and Canada are..) you can't get your money back, even if you have proof...

basically...you're fucked unless you sent EMS, i only send EMS to foreign countries now, and I'm now VERY particular to where i send it

www.paypalsucks.com

check out some fo the horror stories...

Um, luckily you have a tracking #, just make sure to enter it in the transaction. It should be OK to show that you DID ship it. I might have been stuck in customs for this week or something since EUROPE has really slow customs, and almos teverything gets stopped

I sent a pair of nudies to Ireland a couple weeks ago

and it arrived within the promised time frame.

Let's just hope the customs are being retardedly slow.

Oh yeah, this reminds me.

There was a time when a buyer in france did "item not received"

within 2 (or 3 days) after he made the payment.

How in the world do I ship a pair of shoes to france from the US within 3 days.

Europeans have insane demands, it seems.

hmmm... interesting topic - pls let us know the outcome!

i've just recently sold off a bunch of stuff on ebay, and i'm pretty much in the same situation as you. 80+ all positive feedback, receive all payments thru paypal. 90% of the time, I ship using EMS... but have used Air Parcel (priority) on occasion. Just sent something out to Germany a few days ago as well.

anyways, knock on wood, haven't experienced a charge back (yet), but i'd like to know the best way to handle it if it ever comes to that...

dude, in my experience, YOU'RE FUCKED.

...basically...you're fucked unless you sent EMS, i only send EMS to foreign countries now, and I'm now VERY particular to where i send it

poly is right. PayPal are fucking cocksuckers when it comes to issues like this. it is very likely the item got delayed at customs. but you do have the tracking number, and it helps A LOT. all you can do now is follow whatever instructions PayPal gives. but the ultimate decision is theirs.

i had a bad experience with chargebacks. i sold and shipped an item to the UK, then days later got a notification that the buyer had used a fradulent credit card. then they held the funds for "investigation"; after which the payment was reversed. i lost the money, the item and the shipping fees. all of which came up to about $400.

and when i called PayPal, they curtly said "we're sorry we can't do anything now."

in regards of the shipping time, delays are always possible and from what I know the post offices in the UK suck balls. the few problems I've had with shipping have always been to the UK, one package got shipped back because it wasn't picked up in a few days. so I'd try to tell the buyer that it might just be delayed.

if you feel like the buyer is fucking with you and paypal takes your money away, file a payment not received complaint through ebay, youre still eligible for that. actually I would do it anyways since the buyer was a bitch and filed a complaint so fast. I'd never file a complaint after 10 days if its an overseas shipment.

i had a bad experience with chargebacks. i sold and shipped an item to the UK, then days later got a notification that the buyer had used a fradulent credit card. then they held the funds for "investigation"; after which the payment was reversed. i lost the money, the item and the shipping fees. all of which came up to about $400.

and when i called PayPal, they curtly said "we're sorry we can't do anything now."

this is some sort of a loophole in their system, the same has happened to me too. as soon as the money was taken away, I filed a payment not received complaint and threatened the buyer with calling the local police. in a week I got the item back and the jackass was kicked off ebay.

dude, in my experience, YOU'RE FUCKED. Paypal does NOTHING to help an honest seller, i'm 99 verified sells, and last year i sent a pair of infrared air max's to germany priority. Guy claimed he never got it, and filed a claim with paypal. Since germany ISN'T COVERED under paypal's seller protection (only US, UK, and Canada are..) you can't get your money back, even if you have proof...

basically...you're fucked unless you sent EMS, i only send EMS to foreign countries now, and I'm now VERY particular to where i send it

Unfortunatley he is right. Happened to me once. I was trying to be nice and give a lower price option, not anymore - only EMS for me. Even with EMS your chances against the buyer are slight.

All right.

I'm not really sure if the buyer is fucking with me. He's got a shit load of positive feedbacks and no negatives.

He's just an impatient fuck. He types all of his messages in CAPS.

Also, what are the customs anyway? Are they inspecting all items that come thru?

What is it that makes them take so long to process packages?

It's possible the package could be held up in customs for some reason....the general rule is after 14 days then you should start worrying...but what I would do is scan your post office receipt (s) showing the tracking number you have and that you shipped to the guy. It should show the postal code and country that you shipped to on your receipt. Next time bro, ALWAYS SEND EMS when doing International....not only do they get their crap faster but it's a little less chance of screwups like this happening

i sent to uk

i just checked and i'm on HOLD

not chargeback

Rep. of Ireland isn't part of the UK and might not be covered.

Anyways, I had a similar situation where a guy in Portugal purposely fucked me. I shipped to his address (an unconfirmed one) and he said that his account was hacked and he didn't buy the jeans (even though I actually sent them to the address AND name of the person who owned the account). Somehow, this motherfucker got my $150 pair of jeans, and the $150 he paid me for them when Paypal refunded him. Asshole.

Also, what are the customs anyway? Are they inspecting all items that come thru?

What is it that makes them take so long to process packages?

they dont check out everything but nowadays probably a large part of especially larger packages. usually it should take a couple of days if it goes there, but dont know if they're slower in the UK.

there are other delays too, though. it can simply get held up somwhere along the way for no known reason, in some cases it can take several weeks but I'd guess thats more rare. but still, if you can, try to tell the guy that it can sometimes take very long and that he should be patient, delays are not that unusual. might be hard though if the idiot filed a claim after 10 days.

post if anything happens

Anyways, I had a similar situation where a guy in Portugal purposely fucked me. I shipped to his address (an unconfirmed one) and he said that his account was hacked and he didn't buy the jeans (even though I actually sent them to the address AND name of the person who owned the account). Somehow, this motherfucker got my $150 pair of jeans, and the $150 he paid me for them when Paypal refunded him. Asshole.

this was probably a while ago but incase any one is curious, in this case you can file an unpaid item claim. its obvious that the person who bought it is trying to fuck with you and paypal, the cunts they are, allows it. only thing you can do is fuck the buyer back and file the claim and threaten them with whatever you can. if its a lot of money, you can really contact local police authorities. if you're lucky the idiot gets scared and never picks up the package, that was my case. and I also got the sucker off of ebay.

shout out to Keith in San Jose :)

i cannot reiterate how much of a fucking asshole corrupt company paypal is. It never protects the seller and always favors the buyer. One of the main ways they do this is the beauracratic journey that is defending yourself from a dispute claim. Everything is incredibly hard to submit. In the past when I got fucked, I just let them take my money so my account can get back on track. BUt yes, any buyer can cheat and lie on paypal and get their money back. FUCK PAYPAL!!!!

I've a question and hope you guys can help me?

I've sold an item on ebay and the buyer tells me a friend of him will paypal for the item.

I'm still sending the item with EMS to the buyer.

Do you guys think this is weird?or am I just paranoid....??

you shouldnt agree to that. his friend can then claim the payment as unauthorized use of his account or something and get his money back

Paypal can fuck everyone.

If it through ebay, the seller is only protected if:

1) the buyer is paypal verified with a confirmed address

2) the seller ships to the confirmed address within 7 days with tracking

3) the buyer receives the package

If these all don't happen, you are fucked. If you ship to an unconfirmed address, all they have to do is file a item not received claim and they win. If you don't ship with tracking, you have no proof that you shipped it out and you lose.

If you use paypal out of ebay, you as a buyer can be fucked. They only check to see if it was delivered. You cannot file an item not described claim since they don't care. If you paid by CC, then you can file a charge back with your CC company.