Cuts similar to the S5000..

esoteric

Looking to invest into some new denim, but want to stray away from Samurai for the moment. I'm sure that most, if not all, brands carry a cut similar to these -- just need some help & feedback to find my next pair of jeans.

I was looking into some Flathead, which from what I hear is amazing. However, besides this brand, I don't really have any other brands to consider from.

Any suggestions would be quite helpful.

s5000 is a million miles away from the PBJ XX-005, I have the s5000bk in a size 29 and the PBJ XX-005 in a 31 and the pbj is slimmer everywhere, seat, through the lower leg and especially through the thigh, its a very slim modern cut jean.

Canes have a more relaxed seat and higher rise but you might like em. Maybe you should look into the pbj 003, the regular cut, im not sure but id guess they would be closer to the s5000 sillouette than the pbj 005.

To compare, here are some measurements (pre-wash):

SD-103 W34 // Samurai S5000VX W33

waist 34,5 // 35

f.rise 10,75 // 11

b.rise 15 // 15

up.thigh 13 // 13

knee 9,5 // 9,5

leg op. 9 // 9,5

inseam 36 // 38,5

The SD-103's seat is a bit different and the legs are a bit tapered, whereas the Samurais are completely straight.

Hope this helps.

Do you think somebody could post a comparison picture of themselves wearing the SDA 103's and S5000vx? I want a more relaxed fit than the 103's and I am not sure which model to get. I feel like if I got the 5000vx I would just be getting the same cut, but with different denim and inseam length. Does anyone know if the 510xx is what I'm looking for?

Oh and for real reference, here are the actual one wash measurements for both of those cuts:

The S5000VX is between the S0510XX III and SD-103's in terms of fit. I would consider the 5000vx the regular fir and the 0510xxIII the relaxed fit.

Waist: 32"

Frt rise: 10.75"

Back rise: 14.25"

Upper thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9.25"

Leg opening: 8.75"

Inseam: 36.5"

Here are rough measurements for the 103 one-washed size 32:

Waist: 32"

Frt rise: 10.25"

Back rise: 14"

Upper thigh: 11.5"

Knee: 8.5"

Leg opening: 8"

Inseam: 33.5"

Damn, I guess comparing the S5000s & XX-005 via BiG proved to be incorrect.

If anything I could probably go a bit slimmer. I wouldn't mind going slimmer, just seeing what is around the fit area of the S5000.

Thanks for some of the input, I'm definately able to consider a couple other brands now.

Slub is not of too much importance right now, just looking to find the right jeans. I love the way my S5000s fit, but I could definately see myself going slimmer.

---------

Oh, and besides the VX, I also have a S5000BK in a 31, which I love the fit of also. What kind of cut is the Eternal 811?