Barney's NYC/LA Warehouse sale!

MikeN

I just got back from the sale. They had some good items - Kicking Mule Jeans for $70. They had a bunch of Crate jeans, too, for reasonable prices (I think $70 as well). No Nudies though, and a lot of bullshit stuff like True Religion. They had a TON of suits and sports jackets, and some good outerwear selections too. All the ties on sale were strictly awful. Some sweaters and stuff were good on sale, but the sweaters and shirts section was a total clusterfuck. I went there around 10:30 AM and there were tons of people there, so if you can I would try to go either today or tomorrow.

I got some Prada shoes marked down from $470 for $239, so I'm quite pleased with what happened. Still, I have very big feet (size 12) so I can't speak for the shoe selection for people with regular sizes.

Just got back as well. Piff laid it out pretty well. The denim selection was crap mostly - some ok Earnest Sewn and Rag&Bone but nothing I would buy.

If I needed a cashmere topcoat, today would have been a good time to pick one up. A good selection and the markdown was pretty generous. Ditto on the sweaters. I found a couple RAF and CDG sweaters I liked but the markdown wasn't enough to justify waiting on line to pay for 45 minutes.

I did think the shoe selection was fair. Some nice Dries, Varvatos, Paul Smith, etc just nothing I really needed.

Otherwise, pretty boring selection of suits, sportscoats, dress shirts etc.

I guess it's worth checking out if you're in the area, but nothing really screamed "you must go".

i went on the second day, and wasnt amazed at the selection, but i was pretty happy overall with what i left with; a pair of raf zipper boots, a drkshdw hoodie, and a couple kim jones tees. the selection of jeans was pretty good -- lots of tsubi, a few nudies, and for women, acne, superfine, imitation of christ, and even a pair of awesome waxed drkshdw jeans that were unfortunately too big for me (yes, i stripped down in the aisles). the shoe selection was ok, a few pairs of dh boots, alot of prada, etc. prices werent great, but they werent high, either. i think i may go back on the last day to see what got marked down.

oh, and there was a shitload of raf by raf. too bad all of last season's t-shirts fit horribly.

I found a couple RAF and CDG sweaters I liked but the markdown wasn't enough to justify waiting on line to pay for 45 minutes.

Otherwise, pretty boring selection of suits, sportscoats, dress shirts etc.

I guess it's worth checking out if you're in the area, but nothing really screamed "you must go".

i was holding a raf hoodie for about 30 mins and finally realize it wasnt worth spending, so i just went back to work empty handed

I'm sure there were tons of Barneys brand items itself. I own a brown jacket from them that I I liked a lot until one rainy day I found that the color bled as easily as if the jacket had just been rubbed in dirt. I was always impressed by their shoes but I dunno...I'm looking for a nice pair of shoes that will last. Anybody trust their brand of leather shoes?

Who is the dude wearing a SUPERFUTURE shirt at the nyc at around 5pm today? Sale was complete shit. Lots of raf by raf shit but the ugly stuff. Some Fred Perry knits were nice... Shoes were eh. There were a few nice ndc but in bad colors (the zipup boots in brown), a couple of those zipper boots that chris has, there were also some collection privee? joints I wanted to get in moscow but in brown. But, shit was so stacked on top of other shit, its more of a headache than a sale.

Who is the dude wearing a SUPERFUTURE shirt at the nyc at around 5pm today?

Shoulda said hello! :D The sale sucked dee; after like 50 minutes of combing over absolutely everything I got an Ann Demeulemeester waistcoat for $120 marked down from $495, and an Engineered Garments button down for half off. Selection was okay, Dior Homme "german army" sneakers for like $200, Raf zipper boots, and a ton of other useless shit.

how much were the raf zipper boots and how many were left?

if they're at a deeper discount than seven ny had/has them at, i might reconsider my

disappointment in them

I replied to you on SZ ages ago that they were marked down to $329 at Barneys. I'm sure that's the price now.

What is weird is that the smaller sizes, like US7, was priced $329 while the bigger ones (yes I saw a 43) where ~$460.

i paid $329 for mine (size 45) and was thinking about having darkanimal pick me up a smaller size... but apparently they're $460, which is ridiculous.

shoes never get a further markdown which sucks - you're almost always better off getting them on sale at the flagship. the warehouse sale hasn't been the same once the big designers figured out they were better off taking stock back and dumping it through their own outlet channels, this became esp noticeable maybe 5 yrs ago. i don't even bother anymore

• 2 weeks later...