NYC jeans shops

pkrolian

can someone direct me to a couple places in new york where i can look for some nice jeans. ive usually just been wearing GAP and Express jeans and one pair of Energie's, but i want to spend some money on nicer jeans. im not necessarily looking for selvage, but im open to possibly buy a pair. im looking to spend in the 80-150 dollar range. if you dont know any particular stores in new york, can you reccomend some brands. thanks.

80 to 150 range: go to atrium, lounge, apc, famous friends, henry lehr, bloomingdales, selvedge (for premium levi's). and of course there's always g-star and diesel flagship store

(much) higher than that : nom de guerre (rag & bone, prps, rogan), union (for 5ep, rogan, prps), 45 rpm, jeans shop probably (i've never been there)

cant think of anything else at the moment

pkrolian; If I may recommend you, when that is the amount youre looking to spend, buy APC. You won't get it better. I have nearly everything you can have when talking about jeans (From old 1000$ Lee's to 50$ Uniqlo) and APC is all good, really all good. And I'm even wearing them right now. ;)

Denim Fanatismé.

501p3.jpg

pk, if you search for APC on this site, i think you will find a near unanimous positive opinion on APC's quality. these are serious denimheads, the advice won't get much better than this. it's just a pair of quality, discrete and reasonably priced selvage denim. just the way i like 'em. btw, i have a pair of APC on as well icon_smile_big.gif. visit apc.fr for locations in nyc.

Edited by darknworn on May 2, 2005 at 05:14 AM

I think they've been discussed a bit before but I was wondering if anyone actually has purchased jeans from the Jeans Shop on 14th ST in the meatpacking district. What is the deal with them? Where do they get their materials from? Also, has anyone been to that new Earnest Sewn shop in the same area? I was reading on men.style that they also make customized jeans.

I recently purchased some raw unwashed denim from them. I didn't too much detail on where they get their denim, but I can definitely attest to the quality. They fit perfectly and luckily I didn't have to get them hemmed. Only other company that makes my exact size is Rag & Bone.

Jean Shop sells two cuts of unwashed denim. One of more of a relaxed fit and the other one is a rocker fit, which has a zipper instead of buttons and has a slimmer fit. After choosing a pair you can ask them to distress the denim to your liking and pick up the finished product in a few weeks. The added pricing can go from +$50 to $400 depending on the requested treatment.

THe denim is heavier that paper denim or seven. And the selvedge line is a beautiful orange. They have quickly became by favorite denim at this point.

Any other opinions?