Evisu seeks marketing intern for NYC fashion week

chad

Hey Everyone,

As some of you on supertalk know, Evisu is about to open their first US boutique in Soho NYC and will start to have a bigger presence in North America. In a exciting move, Evisu is doing their first New York fashion week with a show at the tents this Friday.

Evisu loves supertalk, and would love to have denim fans involved behind the scenes putting the show and party together. There is lots to do and there is a great buzz in the new offices on Greene St with the design team here making last minute alterations, models flying in and out, and all types of production people nailing down the details.

If anyone would love to be part of the marketing team for this week we would love to have someone from supertalk on the team. You will get to go to the show at Bryant Park and the after party in Soho and work in the office Tuesday-Friday. If this sounds like something you would like, then please email nyc (at) evisu (dot) com. Please email with your phone number.

http://evisu.com/

Hey Coleslawyum,

The product on the website is only a small fraction of what Evisu does each collection. There should be a lot of shots available after Friday from the shows which I can post. Also, the store is adding a lot of new stuff soon too.

xxx

Hey Coleslawyum,

The product on the website is only a small fraction of what Evisu does each collection. There should be a lot of shots available after Friday from the shows which I can post. Also, the store is adding a lot of new stuff soon too.

xxx

Thanks Chad. I look forward to seeing the new product line.

hey, here goes a suggestion:

take all evisu eu ed, evisu genes and evisu heritage lines and throw them in the garbage.matter of fact, grab all the designers that are at european evisu at the moment and send them to diesel, true religion and antik cuz that's were they belong at.

then, proceed to open the boutique and stock it with japanese jeans only.

i love the detail that in the european evisu website there is a pic of a few guys in evisu clothes, and all the jeans are part of the japanese line which is not sold on that website ahah. and i bet all the other clothes on the pic are also from the japanese line and the european one.

pic i am talking about here:

http://international.evisu.com/CategoryListHTG.aspx?cid=HERITAGE&language=en-GB

I went to the Evisu shop in Naka-Meguro last month and was excited to see that they still make craft goods. They even have a vintage narrrow loom in the front of the store signed by Yamane. I was a big Evisu fan (~2001-2002) and still have a lot of stuff (that I don't wear anymore). The next week I was in LA and saw the overpriced logo heavy shit that Evisu EU makes and really felt sorry for the brand. I associate Evisu with people who don't have any idea about quality clothing. They just want to wear a big expensive brand name. I do love the quality of past Evisu stuff, but the Evisu clothing that arrives in the US these days is shit, and the people that wear it are douche bags. I guess My great batik evisu shirts will live forever in a drawer!

And the jeans in my signature are old italian Evisu made with Kurabo. OOOOOH the humanity!

Guest jeffvyain

i have a different suggestion. take the japanese line and make longer inseams. i'd really like a pair of 2000s in no. 1 denim, but the inseam is too short for a 6'1"er like myself

• 3 weeks later...

Last week in Vegas Evisu had a huge booth at Project showing their Fall/Winter 2007 line...

Basically after sifting through what seemed like hundreds of shirts and a few jeans i came to the conclusion that they are definitely the Japanese equivelent of Diesel.

That isn't meant as a slam in any way, just more of an observation.