football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

A Dutch reporter asked Hiddink what Benitez said when they shook hands after the match. He responded that Benitez said that they won only because the ref was biased. Always a poor loser concept?

Anyway, can't wait for Chelsea - Barcelona. I'd put my money on the Spanish side, but then again Hiddink never fails to surprise.

haha ref was biased? his team fucking scored 1 point from a free kick and 1 from a penalty...what the fuck is he complaining about. seriously, fuck benitez.

cech was caught out few times and the first goal was just a joke. i'm not sure if he's falling apart or he doesn't feel safe behind this defense.

it probably doesn't help that they haven't had their normal centre back pairing for most of the season. but yeah he's been way off form this season

This is what football is about gents, no shame in going out this way.

i'm not sure what you mean by that - there's no shame in getting completely taken to pieces at anfield, in the one competition that's supposed to be your specialty, by a club with no history? or shipping four goals when you needed to win by two to get through?

maybe that explains why the club that wouldn't accept being 2nd best at everything went through.

it probably doesn't help that they haven't had their normal centre back pairing for most of the season. but yeah he's been way off form this season

i'm not sure what you mean by that - there's no shame in getting completely taken to pieces at anfield, in the one competition that's supposed to be your specialty, by a club with no history? or shipping four goals when you needed to win by two to get through?

maybe that explains why the club that wouldn't accept being 2nd best at everything went through.

oh fuck off.

you knew what I meant and all you wanted to do was to take a digg.

on the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough.

what a class act.

Wouldn't mind Alex as my backup center back. He would walk into almost every defense in the league.
I wouldn't say we were taken to pieces at Anfield. They won fair and square but we lost two goals from set pieces where our own players were at fault. We played way better in the first half and they were better in the second.

We also needed to win by 3 to go through but I'll let that one slide. I know that you're not familiar with the rules of that competition.

haha ref was biased? his team fucking scored 1 point from a free kick and 1 from a penalty...what the fuck is he complaining about. seriously, fuck benitez.
Do you really believe he said that? Most of the shit in the papers is lies. Unless it's on tape I don't believe a word of it. Also the free kick and the penalty were legit. Penalty maybe wouldn't be called in the league but that's a different competition. No comment on the points :rolleyes:

We also needed to win by 3 to go through but I'll let that one slide. I know that you're not familiar with the rules of that competition.

you only needed to win by 3 until chelsea scored twice. i understand math education is not your support's strong suit though.

redgrail, i have literally no idea what you're talking about

united need to find some form. i'm happy with the ronaldo goal though, it'll keep the haters quiet 'til at least the weekend.

edit: just read the last page...shit. GOALS not POINTS. old habits die hard i guess. either way, concerning the refs decisions, i'm not questioning the calls, i was just criticising (threw in an s for you brits) the idea that the ref was biased. although you're right polishmike, that penalty wouldn't have been called in the league. funnily tonights ref was the complete opposite of yesterday's ref, calling almost nothing. as for yesterday's game, i think 'pool needed to win by at least 2 goals, and at least have scored 3 total to proceed.

you only needed to win by 3 until chelsea scored twice. i understand math education is not your support's strong suit though.
did you watch the game backwards? i mean you said "shipping four goals when you needed to win by two to get through", at the start of the game we needed to win by 3 to get through, at half time we needed to win by 3 to get through, after dragqueen scored we still needed to win by 3 to get through. so what you said is simply not true.

it's like saying that the strategy was to win by 2 after letting 2 in. sure you're right that we only needed two after it was a 2-2 draw but come on. :rolleyes:

redgrail, i have literally no idea what you're talking about

Splendid.

This is getting bogged down in idiocy now.

So, moving on:

Arsenal will get taken to pieces by Barca.

Chelsea - Man U will be a good proxy to see if Man U will actually hold up the rest of the season or if Chelsea and Pool have viable challenges (especially with Chelsea on the form they've been lately).

Do you really believe he said that? Most of the shit in the papers is lies. Unless it's on tape I don't believe a word of it.

Benitez was clearly agitated when he shook hands with Hiddink afterwards. A Dutch reporter then asked Hiddink what Benitez said and he responded that Benitez said they should thank the ref for the result. Hiddink added that Benitez' response was probably due to the excitement/emotions of the match and that we shouldn't pay too much attention to it. Personally I can't imagine him making all this up on live tv.

Splendid.

This is getting bogged down in idiocy now.

So, moving on:

Arsenal will get taken to pieces by Barca.

Chelsea - Man U will be a good proxy to see if Man U will actually hold up the rest of the season or if Chelsea and Pool have viable challenges (especially with Chelsea on the form they've been lately).

uhm...you do realize arsenal are playing man. utd. and chelsea is playing barcelona...right?

Dont get me wrong, the bentley goal is superb, almunia probably should have done better. But they are two different kinds of goals. Im not a fan of C ronaldo but that was a great hit, power and accuracy, helton is a pretty decent shot stopper but he had no chance

Ronaldo on a good day is the best striker of this generation.

Too bad he has lots of shit days. He's fun to watch and I love to hate him.

Too bad Ronaldo is not a striker . . . :rolleyes:

Best striking goal to me has got to be the Seedorf goal or the R.Carlos freekick against France.

mag, didn't you see the sign? don't taunt the plastics haha

can't believe even a wannabe scouser is claiming that their biggest rival's winger is a better striker than their striker, who actually is probably one of the best strikers in the world :confused::confused::confused:

edit - i get it now, he has this mixed up with the fantasy football thread:D

^ goosebumps!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to polishmike again.

Too bad this clip doesn't show how his teammates ask him 'how did you do that' and he clearly goes 'I haven't a clue'.

I remember some show on tv that analyzed this goal. There is so little room above the keeper and under the bar, it's just amazing that he puts it in. I'm also pretty sure he is left -footed, which makes this strike even more stunning. Nobody volleys like van Basten.