On messenger bags

mechanori

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

most real messengers literally bag on people wearing messenger bags.. but u can get them from a lot of places.. chrome and timbuk2 are standards pretty much along with crumpler.. i'd go for a customized r.e.load or freight baggage

Jack Spade nylon canvas tech field bag... got it @ a sample sale for about 50 bucks or so...

it does it's job... although aint exactly for messengers...

Do any of you guys get the sore shoulder from messenger bags?

most real messengers literally bag on people wearing messenger bags.. but u can get them from a lot of places.. chrome and timbuk2 are standards pretty much along with crumpler.. i'd go for a customized r.e.load or freight baggage

Who gives a shit what they think; they deliver office documents for a living.

• 4 months later...

I've got this black balistic one for work, made by banana republic.

It's pretty swank for $70 or so, I'm not sure if it's still in season...

found it, or a newer version of it:

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=30845&pid=512845&vid=1

mines better!

most real messengers who shit on other people for wearing mess bags are insecure. all the messers i know love anyone who rides a bike, period.

Most of the messengers I have met are incredibly laid back and could care less about what bag/bike/pants/girlfriend/boyfriend someone has.

I just got a Pac Ultimate, and I LOVE it!

This is, in my opinion, the best bag for carrying a load on a bike.

• 1 month later...
picture068ru3.jpg

This military surplus bag hasn't given me problems yet. And i haul a bunch of books and stuff around for class. It was only $22 too which helped me make my purchase.

I had that one. It got dirty once and faded horribly when I washed it. Used it for about a year before the strap ripped off on one side. I also had to fix one of the seams before that happened. The narrow strap was pretty uncomfortable and the strap hardware slipped a lot, causing me to have to readjust it all the time.

I want to get a nicer one with a comfortable wide strap. It's pretty hard to locate a good canvas bag, most are made of nylon. This thread's pretty helpful though.

Gap has a pretty pimp looking one made out of grey tweed, but it costs $70. And it's Gap.

• 2 months later...