Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Major Lazer was dope.......

That is all.

(anyone else see the 200 or so people that tore down the gate and rushed in at neon?)

Mannnn thats right when everything was kicking in.. .. tripped me the fuck out.

Pon Di Floor at main stage was nutso.

oh fuck. that's what fake bloods been playing? thx man, it's heavy.

i just got one of the tracks from his EM, Knuckles - Loading.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2mjm2uyute

it seems like he's pulling from some really good "bloghouse" type artists. not huge names but pretty huge tracks.

and speaking of, laststarfighter/savile's edits of the last hugg & pepp EP are fucking mint, i think he's gonna share them soon.

Major late pass here, but I just gotta reiterate on what peeps have been sayin, EDC 2009 was TOO DOPE.

I was originally only planning on going Friday, peer pressured into going both days last minute; wallet rape FTL. Boys Noize was probably the best act for Friday but too bad I couldn't see him much cuz my buddies dragged me to the mainstage for Oakenfold :(. Shinichi Osawa was so fucking awesome though and he definitely lived up to my expectations. Foamo, Fake Blood and CPUClub had some pretty solid sets so I was pretty satisfied. ATB was actually very good; I thoroughly enjoyed his set.

Saturday was a different story though; different vibe, way more people on drugs, wayyyy more of a clusterfuck, etc. I dunno about you guys but Major Lazer was kinda a let down :/. Le Castle Vania tore shit up though; at this point I was rolling bawls and he happens to drop a ridiculously sick set that blows me through the roof. I was orgasming in pleasure when he dropped Phantom pt 2; crowd exploded at that point. Simian Mobile Disco also did not disappoint; I just wish more of my friends liked electro which is obviously the superior form of electronic dance music whilst on drugs.

I definitely give thumbs up to Kaskade cuz that set went perfectly with my roll come-up. Other than that Groove Armada and Markus Schulz were pretty decent aswell. I give EDC 2009 a 9/10 rating, but I did enjoy day 1 more cuz of that immense electro line-up + ATB.

Major late pass here, but I just gotta reiterate on what peeps have been sayin, EDC 2009 was TOO DOPE.

I was originally only planning on going Friday, peer pressured into going both days last minute; wallet rape FTL. Boys Noize was probably the best act for Friday but too bad I couldn't see him much cuz my buddies dragged me to the mainstage for Oakenfold :(. Shinichi Osawa was so fucking awesome though and he definitely lived up to my expectations. Foamo, Fake Blood and CPUClub had some pretty solid sets so I was pretty satisfied. ATB was actually very good; I thoroughly enjoyed his set.

Saturday was a different story though; different vibe, way more people on drugs, wayyyy more of a clusterfuck, etc. I dunno about you guys but Major Lazer was kinda a let down :/. Le Castle Vania tore shit up though; at this point I was rolling bawls and he happens to drop a ridiculously sick set that blows me through the roof. I was orgasming in pleasure when he dropped Phantom pt 2; crowd exploded at that point. Simian Mobile Disco also did not disappoint; I just wish more of my friends liked electro which is obviously the superior form of electronic dance music whilst on drugs.

I definitely give thumbs up to Kaskade cuz that set went perfectly with my roll come-up. Other than that Groove Armada and Markus Schulz were pretty decent aswell. I give EDC 2009 a 9/10 rating, but I did enjoy day 1 more cuz of that immense electro line-up + ATB.

i stayed in the neon garden all day too. i only left to meet up with friends when shiny toy guns came on. i wasnt familiar with their music so i decided to skip it and see if my friends were still alive. i hit up main stage for the fireworks and left to get to the front of neon garden for boys noize.

friday was ridiculous!

so my friend told me a story about edc..

he slangs.. so he brought like 2 jars. and he finished selling all of them around like.. 3 or 330. after he cleans out he leaves the kinetic field. u guys know about how the gates to get in and out of that place were impossible. so he has to climb up on a drink machine and climb over the fence into the stands.

he thinks he drops something.. but then he's like na i probably js was hearing things. so he leaves. when he gets to his car he reaches for his phone to call his friend, and no phone in his flannel pocket! he's like fuck thats what dropped. so he goes to the gate.. and tries to bribe the security to let him in.. like offering 50 bucks and shit.. but they wont budge. so he js makes a diversion and breaks passed them. he's dodging left and right trying to keep away from yellow security.. he forgets that theres black shirted cops..and they come out of "no where" and take him down. in the process his shoes fall off and they throw them over the gate of the exit lol and carry him out.

pretty funny when i heard it but he lost a lot of customers on that cell..

saw felix cartal lastnight.

he played how I expected

he was kind of goofy though, small guy with a big head (or hair)

how'd he play exactly?

he's coming to vancouver in a week or two and i'm still iffy about going

Avalon was a much smaller venue than I anticipated, but it was a pleasant surprise. Did you see the cholo that couldn't hold his shit towards the end of treasure's set? Hurled all over the dance floor, shit was gross as fuck, but overall it was definitely one of my favorite sets.

Avalon was a much smaller venue than I anticipated, but it was a pleasant surprise. Did you see the cholo that couldn't hold his shit towards the end of treasure's set? Hurled all over the dance floor, shit was gross as fuck, but overall it was definitely one of my favorite sets.

yaa, there's always THAT guy huh?

couldn't hang w/ the party

seeing that set makes me sad still that i missed him at 4/20 fest.