Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Ya we're just starting out so that mailing list is a great idea. I think were going to be having a party on the thursday before coachella, I'll let you know when i find out.

As for this weekend, all I can say is holy fuck I'm tired. Hard 13 was one of the best nights I've been to and the one stage was so banging all night. Shadow Dancer started it and killed it so hard followed by D.I.M, who. was good but I was really hoping his set would be a bit less... puzique. Then LA Riots was pretty standard but they killed it too and at this point I was too out of my mind to remember details so sorry about that now. I was saving up my peak for erol and holy shit did he blow my mind. I caught myself standing there at points thinking "i have the same equipment but i have no idea what the fuck hes doing". Diplo went on next so I went to chill out but then he played the skream remix of la roux as his intro and i completely lost my shit but he cut it before any of the good parts. The rest of his set was pretty fun with everything from satisfaction to dead prez but nothing extraordinary. Boys Noize and Erol definitely get the award for best sets of the night and even though i heard Wake Up 4 times, it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. We ended up having nowhere to sleep so we headed to santa barbara right after at 4 am and crashed for a few hours there, then played a party, crashed for a few more hours. Pretty tired/worn out to say the least.

plus fucking rep for going to Hard man. I wanted to go to Hard 13 soooo motherfucking badly especially after I missed Hard Haunted Halloween : FUCK FINALS WEEK.

I heard Erol tore shit up but Boys Noize was only average. and why the fuck does UMF have to be all the way in miami? ahhhh I will never miss good gigs again

did you roll balls too?

I wanted to go to Hard 13 soooo motherfucking badly especially after I missed Hard Haunted Halloween : FUCK FINALS WEEK.

I heard Erol tore shit up but Boys Noize was only average. and why the fuck does UMF have to be all the way in miami? ahhhh I will never miss good gigs again

Ya those were probably the two best events ive been too so far in my life, they're doing some sick shit in la. Sure Boys Noize was average in the sense that it was as good as his normal sets, which ive seen twice before and have all been insanely good so ya he was average and incredible at the same time. And Erol tore it up so hard but he only had an hour which was bullshit, he should have switched spots with diplo and it would have been even that much better

I was saving up my peak for erol and holy shit did he blow my mind. I caught myself standing there at points thinking "i have the same equipment but i have no idea what the fuck hes doing".

hahaha i seriously found myself wondering the same shit. he is BUTTER dude. to the point where i didn't even hear him mix a track in until it DROPPED IN MY FACE. boys noize is amazing, but erol just has this humble yet fuck you/technical hard hitting styyyle. sounds like Hard was wicked.

what made BN so average? erol play any new tiga (besides mind dimension) ??

http://rapidshare.com/files/209057789/Fake_Blood_-_Essential_Mix-SAT-03-13-2009-TALiON.rar

yeajhhhh fake blood essential mix

http://www.asianmandan.com/blog/2009/03/fake-blood-bbc-1-essential-mix/#more-1471 track list

haven't listened yet, but w/e i'm sure it's good

also i'll post my wmc schedule soon. i'm a procrastinator, and have commitment issues.

Ya those were probably the two best events ive been too so far in my life, they're doing some sick shit in la. Sure Boys Noize was average in the sense that it was as good as his normal sets, which ive seen twice before and have all been insanely good so ya he was average and incredible at the same time. And Erol tore it up so hard but he only had an hour which was bullshit, he should have switched spots with diplo and it would have been even that much better

erol should have def not been third to last. other than that it was great. and yeah boys noize was average. but him average is still 100x than most dj's

erol play any new tiga (besides mind dimension) ??

they played what you need. sounded damn good

thanks spaceman. i ordered my ticket for that today. i know what you mean about braxe and falcon... i definitely don't want to miss them which is why i'm prayyying they go on early (which would kind of suck overall)...

did you see this shit?? i just came across it

Saturday March 28th-

Cutters Party

Cut copy, Presets, K.I.M., Knightlife

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event-detail.aspx?id=89310

fuckkk... seriously too much shit going on all at once

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=71272215888&ref=nf

DIM MAK MIAMI

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 9:00pm

BLADE at FONTAINEBLEU

4441 collins ave

Miami Beach, FL

THE BLOODY BEETROOTS

STEVE AOKI

STRETCH ARMSTRONG

PASE ROCK

FELIX CARTEL

AUTOEROTIQUE

THEM JEANS

ARMAND VAN HELDEN

SHADOW DANCER

plus SPECIAL SECRET GUEST

RSVP TO: [email protected]

stop stop stop

Saturday March 28th-

Cutters Party

i went to the chicago cutters show last night and ill offer up a short review. Knighlife wasnt what i expected but ok. they played alot of more strait up house. not enough of thier tracks and remix's.maybe because they were in chicago they felt they had to play more house? Daisy O' Dell played what i would expect Knighlife to play and actually had one of the best sets.she was def smashable and i am now a fan. I left midway in Cut copys set and that was also pretty decent. wish i could of stayed. Jordan Z was good but i didnt catch the whole set. I wish they would of gave a subtile anouncement when someone new started playing. you really had to look and its not like anyone really reconizes these people for the most part. I do really wish someone recorded all of those sets so i could give a more sober listen.

boys noize,designer drugs, don ramini,jack beats,gatekeeper dj set at the abbey next monday for $15. yea or nay? oh and if anyone is going to this maybee we should meet up and blaze at some point. i doubt anyone i know will want to go.

then we have the bloody beetroots at the abbey on april 8th and the crookers,deadmau5 ect at the congress on the 11th. will the crookers show be pretty hype?

Saturday March 28th-

Cutters Party

i went to the chicago cutters show last night and ill offer up a short review. Knighlife wasnt what i expected but ok. they played alot of more strait up house. not enough of thier tracks and remix's.maybe because they were in chicago they felt they had to play more house? Daisy O' Dell played what i would expect Knighlife to play and actually had one of the best sets.she was def smashable and i am now a fan. I left midway in Cut copys set and that was also pretty decent. wish i could of stayed. Jordan Z was good but i didnt catch the whole set. I wish they would of gave a subtile anouncement when someone new started playing. you really had to look and its not like anyone really reconizes these people for the most part. I do really wish someone recorded all of those sets so i could give a more sober listen.

boys noize,designer drugs, don ramini,jack beats,gatekeeper dj set at the abbey next monday for $15. yea or nay? oh and if anyone is going to this maybee we should meet up and blaze at some point. i doubt anyone i know will want to go.

then we have the bloody beetroots at the abbey on april 8th and the crookers,deadmau5 ect at the congress on the 11th. will the crookers show be pretty hype?

http://newyork.metromix.com/music/photogallery/party-pics-a-trak/1024226/content

there were some really good looking girls at the concert- it's night and day between the average girl there and the average girl at my college

like these two?

They look like some sorta negative mirror of each other

HEY DOUCHES YOUR WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT

for 15 bucks? unless you are a bum sir that is a yay

crookers will be hype, but same old shit, go for the crowd, not the music

for those at HARD 13, i feel like the scene has gotten too raverish/rolly, i don't like that as much, i just wanna fuckin get down and dance, no puddles lightshows or fuckin 193 plastic bracelets on one hand

you should go, for the fact that boys noize,designer drugs and don rimini will kill it.

ps. thinking about ladyhawke next thurs at studio b, not sure if it'll be worth it, also what's good for next friday in nyc?

sorry to go off current topic but have you guys checked fake bloods essential? some seriously tight tuneage in there, this one especially

3tXoZANV_VE

it seemed like everyone at hard 13 were little kids from what i saw in the videos. everyone interviewed liked boys noise cause "they" killed it, but couldn't remember who else was on the bill... i don't even know what to think of that. seems like most of the people who go to the shows in the US don't know what they're getting into... are the followers like us just a tiny tiny slice? crazy to think.

for those at HARD 13, i feel like the scene has gotten too raverish/rolly, i don't like that as much, i just wanna fuckin get down and dance, no puddles lightshows or fuckin 193 plastic bracelets on one hand

you gotta remember 2 things:

1. It's LA- people are like 100 light years behind on electronic music culture than the rest of the world

2. it was done at a fucking ampitheatre and it was all ages.

If it would have been done at a club there wouldn't be any stupid raver kids and all those bracelets naw mean?

sorry to go off current topic but have you guys checked fake bloods essential? some seriously tight tuneage in there, this one especially

3tXoZANV_VE

it seemed like everyone at hard 13 were little kids from what i saw in the videos. everyone interviewed liked boys noise cause "they" killed it, but couldn't remember who else was on the bill... i don't even know what to think of that. seems like most of the people who go to the shows in the US don't know what they're getting into... are the followers like us just a tiny tiny slice? crazy to think.

fake blood essential is redic

and yeah no one went to see boys noize in particular, they went because it was a "rave"

we are def a minority

like these two?

They look like some sorta negative mirror of each other

HEY DOUCHES YOUR WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT

no exaggeration, at least 30% of the people there were wearing a plaid shirt/flannel, and there were at least 1000 people there throughout the night. i've never seen so many hipsters in one place, it was kind of ridiculous