Anyone been to Richard Kidd recently?

effohbeee

Richard Kidd sells Supreme and Richard Kidd and streetwears.

Actually, no Supreme except for boards (and sometimes tees) these days... other than that it's all Richard Kidd, Undercover, Acne, Tsubi, Cloak, Jil Sander, and some other high end brands.

Definitely nothing street about the store.

Actually, no Supreme except for boards (and sometimes tees) these days... other than that it's all Richard Kidd, Undercover, Acne, Tsubi, Cloak, Jil Sander, and some other high end brands.

Definitely nothing street about the store.

They had a decent amount of Supreme stuff when I was there a few months ago. Lots of tees, crewnecks, hoodies and a few decks. Aside from that, absolutely nothing streetwears about Richard Kidd.

Do they carry a decent selection of Jil Sander, or just a few basics?

Hard to say as they didn't stock their SS yet and F/W is almost sold out... but overall I would say they have a fairly decent selection. Some sweaters, some tops, one or two jackets...

They have very limited selection of Cloak -- meaning no more than 5 pieces or so. There's a bunch of Undercover stuff. But to be honest they're becoming more and more focused on their own stuff, which definitely dominates the store.

i used to frequent that store for its selection of undercover, kva and cloak, but seriously, their prices are getting (or have always been) ridiculous.

the key collar sweater by jil sander was tagged at 790 CAD at richard kidd, thing is, i bought the same sweater at barneys for 380 USD... i don't care how much import taxes are these days, or currency exchange or wahtever, but that shit's just straight up wack.

anyway, was a great concept but they really gotta do something about their prices. komakino is by far a better store and campbell (the owner) is a great guy to deal with.

I went to Richard Kidd a couple months ago (I think). No streetwear, just really nice clothes at shitty prices, supernice interior/atmosphere... and big puppies!

Side note: I went by Kamakino and there was a sign on the door that said 'please ring doorbell' or something so I said fuck it and left...

Now I wish I had have rung the doorbell.. :(

Side note: I went by Kamakino and there was a sign on the door that said 'please ring doorbell' or something so I said fuck it and left...

Now I wish I had have rung the doorbell.. :(

How could you? Man... just press the button and they guy will come open the door for you. It's painless and the store is great. In fact, both Richard Kidd and Komakino seem to be in similar market (style-wise, albet different brands) and I have to say that Komakino is the better of the two.

And the prices are way better at Komakino. RK is really overpriced.

How could you? Man... just press the button and they guy will come open the door for you. It's painless and the store is great. In fact, both Richard Kidd and Komakino seem to be in similar market (style-wise, albet different brands) and I have to say that Komakino is the better of the two.

And the prices are way better at Komakino. RK is really overpriced.

It was scary and it seemed like a lot of hassle at the time.

I know it's stupid and I regret it... But next time I'm in Van that'll be the first place I go. Or maybe after Dutil...

wheres this komakino place?

im heading to van to peep my brother in a month or so. was gonna hit richard kidd, but like yall said, shit is bonkers there.

ill check this place if somone can provide suffient directions or address. im only semifamliiar with the city.

I use to be a fan of RK when they initially opened. They had a better mix of clothing from highend to street. Now its a little to Avant Garde for my taste.

^ I don't think they every really stocked Visvim fully, i only ever noticed a couple pairs. Headquarters always had the better selection of Visvim

Goodfoot has a lot of Visvim... or at least they had last time I checked. And fair prices... oh and they have some W+H stuff, including the black/white tiger fleece.

• 1 month later...
Guest Montreal

Does anyone else think Richard Kidd is one of the most aesthetically pleasing stores in town? I live(d) on Water St. but god damn that building shop blew my mind everytime I walked by it.

• 2 months later...
It's at 1 Alexander Street in Gastown, in the basement. Here's a Google map. It's really hard to find, but it is exactly where the map shows you -- there's a restaurant there and on the left side of it are stairs down.

i was there today and the guy told me they'll be moving in a few weeks. apparently they move every season or two. they haven't yet decided where they'll be moving to next.

but yeah, this place has some awesome stuff. much better than RK and i think they carry alot more stock.

where in BC do they get their label made? it's not cyc

there's this urban legend which goes something like raif (rk) and craig (cyc) started to work on wings&horns and after the first season they decided to go for a beer and they ended up getting too much haterade so raif left and craig kept that thing going. :cool:

sharp tongues say wings&horns never was what it used to be from that very day on.