Hair Products

Anton

So I'm trying to grow out my hair like this but I was wondering what products to use so it will look the same.

Hopefully it will look good on me..

Heya moy,

Depending on how thick your hair is (I can't tell sorry), I'd say first try using fiber when your hair is slightly damp, this will lock in the moisture to your hair when you style it. Then once you get your desired style, freeze it with hair spray. But not too much so that the fringe is free to let itself loose.

I've been using American Crew Fiber for the past 15 months, and I like its matte, but I want something with much stronger hold.

So which Gatsby would be the best suited? (Something very dull, matte and has incredible hold)

grunge matte moving rubber, gatsby clay, or the gatsby ultra hold (or whatever it's called. that grey one)

I slick my hair back and have been using American Crew Fiber for about a year and it's been great to me. The thing is, I want to try something new.

Anybody have any recommendation for a hair product?

I want a very strong hold(stronger than american crew fiber), but something that gives me a nice texture and a natural look. I want to avoid the grease look as much as possible. Thanks guys

Edit - wow, holy crap, the post above me is asking pretty much the same thing, jesus christ. creepy :(

edit 2- okay so it seems everyone loves gatsby, where can i get it in the states? or do i have to settle with ebay?

i agree. it takes a lot of grey moving rubber to get the hold i want.

on the flipside, i've stopped using any hair products in general, besides shampoo. my hair's too long now and the parts of it that cover my face are causing acne in the skin hidden underneath, and i have a feeling the gatsby only works to agitate it. so i just wear it all back with a beanie without any sort of cream/rubber/fiber whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
Tommorow I have a wedding to go to, so...

I want a short messy hairstyle. Any sites besides bombhead you can link me to, or any photos or something? It's kind of an emergency.

edit: And hows sebastian crude clay?

I'm sure these have been posted before, but just in case...

http://www.rasysa.com/pkg/style/mens/

http://www.oranghair.com/new/style/style_01.html?target=Board_List&DB=B_H_Short

when i grow my hair out a little longer i use Gatsby Moving Rubber (Air Rise). but when i keep my hair medium length, i usually just use Gatsby Wild Shake, or Gatsby Grunge Matte. they both dont hold the whole day. but they def. give you that japanese, matte look.

can anyone hook up the good moving rubber.. pm please

or this stuff

I don't really have long hair, more like medium-short'ish length. I really love this because it lets you style your hair easily, gives off a really really matte finish while staying light,non-greasy and doesn't have a strong smell. And of course, it holds like a mutha! By far the best hair product I've ever used. Here's how the packaging looks:

055_gb207.jpg

mm i don't know if they have the good moving rubber though (old stuff not new stuff), how does it look like again

Oh, you're looking for the older products. I think you'll just have to buy them online or w/e, since Aberdeen only stocks the new moving rubber.

Mannnn.. in those vids, those ppl take FOREVER to do their hair. Personally, I think the hairstyle in the vids are too extreme too. Too "dragon-ball"-ish or fobby. Isn't that style out-dated nowadays in North America?

...Or maybe I'm just assimilated more into the "clean cut" side of "style" with my liking of just a simple plain tee and jeans nowadays.