Raw or One-Wash?

aubrgene

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soaking = about 90% of shrinkage. Jeans in one wash state = about all the shrinking they'll ever do which makes hemming duties easier and what not. I also find the other advantage with OW in a physical store is that the lack of rigidity really allows you to judge how they fit, I find it near impossible to make such a judgement with the boxy fits that raw jeans tend to give. Merits for both.

i'm not sure why most people think that one-wash is any less "real" a pair of jeans; for me it eliminates to a large extent all the problems caused by buying a pair of expensive jeans that don't fit.

assuming the usual unsanforised denim that japanese companies use, raw and one-wash will fit, fall and wear in a similar manner (after you're through soaking the raw of course)

one wash....

one wash doesn't mean its not going to be dark, one wash does not mean you can't "personalize" your denim, one wash lets you have the "right pair" on without any unexpected surprises, one wash means you can hem your jeans without having to go home and shrink them and taking them back to get them hemmed.

i guess i'm a pussy. but have fun with your raws and reselling them when they don't fit!

i think choosing between raw and one wash tells you what type of person you are.

raw - daring, adventurous, unique

one wash - predictable, common, boring

ha ha, just kidding. to each his/her own. personally, i'd go for the one wash. less risk.

one wash....

one wash doesn't mean its not going to be dark, one wash does not mean you can't "personalize" your denim, one wash lets you have the "right pair" on without any unexpected surprises, one wash means you can hem your jeans without having to go home and shrink them and taking them back to get them hemmed.

i guess i'm a pussy. but have fun with your raws and reselling them when they don't fit!

Yes, exactly! I would go with one-wash hands down. Now I just wish BiG would carry more one-wash pairs.

that will shrink dramatically (2-4") once you wash it....

they haven't when i dryclean them. believe me, i'd do one wash more often if raw wasn't one of the only ways to get a decently long leg. it's either that or they look like high waters. you short people have it so easy...

but have fun with your raws and reselling them when they don't fit!

Thats true...happened to my pair of Evisus when I was a noob back then. And had to get some heavy alterations to it.

When you order from Japan you cant predict anything with raws I guess, but when you try them on at a store you can almost tell how they'll shrink.

And raw denim is nice and shiny :)

• 3 weeks later...

I never ordered a pair of one washed jeans before, but I plan to order some 45 rpm sorahiko in O/W. I am just wondering if O/W jeans stretch? If so about how much? I was thinking of sizing down 1 size for them. My waist size is a 31.5- 32 just under my belly button, But i like to wear my jeans low to my hips which are about a 33ish. What size do you guys recommend? Also I'm looking for a snug fit but not too snug lol. Thank you for your time and I am very sorry for the nuisance.

You cannot purchase regular Sorahikos in raw. They are only sold in one wash. You must be referring to the raw Sorahiko slim that is sold on 45rpm's US online store. From what I've read on this board and having been to the store numerous times, 45rpm is against the whole idea of selling raw to its customers.

i see no advantage to raw

unless sanforized where its ur call

with raw you control shrinkage. for example the one was pbjxx005 has a 33.5 inseam. with my raws i stretched the inseam while they were wet so i have a 36 inch inseam after a hot soak.

same for waist, hem, or whatever.