New Nudies are in @ Context

FuckDenim

i gotta say, i like the orange stitching alot better than the blue/black on the new ones. but the fit is much nicer on the Even Stevens.

The Organic Dry Even Steven comes with the classic orange stitching. Denim is nice, greencasted so I think it will wear very nicely. Im pretty sure that the Masa (Even Steven Made in Japan) comes with orange stitchings aswell...

The Masa will come with orange stitching and is a much slubbier denim than what Nudie has done in the past. We'll have the Masa and the Organic Dry in addition to the Dry blue/black all in the Even Steven. People are loving this new fit. I'm curious to see how the blue/black dye will fade.

After seeing them in person, I would have definitely purchased them had I not already got my Ande Whall's coming. The denim is really frikkin' cool. It's a blue/black dyed denim and the stitching looks really nice and understated. I would recommend these to anyone wanting RR's with a slimmer knee to leg opening taper.

quick question on the denim. is it the same thin stuff as the ola's or is it like normal rrds denim from a projectile loom. i remember reading somewhere that it wasn't selvedge.

You are correct that the denim not selvage, but it is solid. The denim is produced in Italy and the whole jean is constructed to same rrds standards. ( lots of chainstitching! )

Just wondering what waist size you post the measurements from? I think it would be helpful to use the same waist size when posting measurements to keep it consistent for comparison sake. Comparing the jims to the even stevens from the posted measurements it would seem that the jims have a smaller leg opening, when in actuality the steven is slimmer. If that is a hassle, perhaps you can post which size was used for measurement. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just thought it would be more helpful for customers.

Otherwise, great website you have there and I'm going to have to start saving for the masa. :rolleyes:

the new ESDI is a cool jean we got them in and its a good fit (nudie is not my brand) but i like the feel of the denim its a weight in between a Bootcut Ola/Slim Jim dry and a RRDG. it will be interesting to see how they wear and break in. Personally I like the subtleness of the no contrast stitching.

Just wondering what waist size you post the measurements from? I think it would be helpful to use the same waist size when posting measurements to keep it consistent for comparison sake. Comparing the jims to the even stevens from the posted measurements it would seem that the jims have a smaller leg opening, when in actuality the steven is slimmer. If that is a hassle, perhaps you can post which size was used for measurement. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just thought it would be more helpful for customers.

Otherwise, great website you have there and I'm going to have to start saving for the masa. :rolleyes:

You are correct Wild Style. The Even Steven does have a smaller leg opening than the Slim Jim. I've reposted the measurements. Thanks for your proof reading. The Masa will only be available for one season, so grab a pair as soon as you can.

Ericdw, I'm a partner in CONTEXT. I don't post as much as Sam. I should have made that known.

goingforthegusto, tell your girlfriend thanks from CONTEXT. Enjoy your New Standards.

Yea yoox is pretty much notorious for having terrible model fits. They have a guy who's a size 32 and that's it...

Fellows from context, could you post pix here or on your website of all the even steven washes you've gotten? Would love to see that masa one...

blm:

We currently only have the Even Steven in raw blue/black, and the Masa & Organic Dry are on the way.

LA GUY:

Click on "IN CONTEXT" on the site and you'll see more info on Earl-- our primary model. All the models are friends of mine (artists, designers, brewers, bike messengers, etc.) and each will have a feature on the site. Friends don't let friends buy jeans that fit poorly. Thank you for your kind words.

I think the Stevens look really nice. I love Nudies, but I'd prefer not to rock another pair with the orange back pockets.

The best part is that after a lot of fading, the black stitching will really stick out! Will be a nice reward. The leg opening might be a little slim for me.

What is the "Masa" fit?

What's the difference in stitching and denim between the Stevens with the black pockets and the Organic Dry?

i think the Masa's fit is the same or really close to the ES, but there are small differences in the jean construction, different belt loops, stuff like that. they'll be jap selvedge and have a japanese flag sewn on the inside of the waist.

Organic Dry has orange stitching, made with organic cotton, and it's kinda greycast