Flat Head Jeans and Shirts

kiya

Maybe we can use this as a general discussion thread about Flat Head and their extensive range of jeans, shirts, wallets, shoes, guitar amps, etc..

I'm fallen for their shirts, in a big way.

All i can think of is how i can get my hands on more of their shirts, we've got a few in the store, but i need many more.

Somebody help me...

Black and White Houndstooth, Black and Red Houndstooth, Vintage Plaid Inlay Shirts..

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my meetings with these Japanese companies it definitely seems like they are completely head over heels into anything that represents America during the 1950's..

They're very much into Rockabilly, Western, and Americana/Roots music and want a way to tie it all into their clothing lines.

Flat Head and Skull both manufactur guitar amps, and Flat Head actually produces a few guitars in limited runs too.

Another item that many Japanese denim manufacturers are heavily into is American class/college rings. Flat Head and a few others make quite a few class rings in their jewelry lines..

Flat Head doorknob. You heard it here first, they make em, i want one.

Flat Head also makes a line of t-shirts that are the finest quality t-shirts i've ever seen in my entire life. I didn't think it was possible to produce a t-shirt whose quality, fit, and construction were on this level. Many of these Japanese companies are truly on another level when it comes to apparel construction.

let me know if they start making flat head cars... :)

Already done..

Mr. Kobayashi, the owner. gave me a few photos of cars he's done up "in the Flat Head style" a few weeks ago when we met.

Start saving..

im also interested in the details that flathead have that set it apart from other japanese brands. im more interested in jeans than shirts, but i do love accessories such as wallets, keyrings etc.

just wondering what makes good construction in a shirt, is it having felled seams, certain quality/width/spacing of stitching, something with the collar etc?

I've posted before about the Flat Head stuff before, and I must say that they have some of the best constructed pieces I have ever seen. Most of the product line is pretty corny, but that makes it more endearing. Also note the funny use of the English language. It doesn't make any sense at first, but after reading it carefully, my mind seems to enter a zen-like state.

Here are a few examples of Flat Head wisdom:

"Good For The Life. Flat Head Quality Garment"

"This Label Is Your Guaranteed"

"A Smile Of Satisfaction With Every"

"Happy me! I've found real STYLE with Jeans. By Flat Head."

"Is for Grown Up Taste. Bubble Soda. Happy Time Idea. Swich from Sweet to Flat Head."

"Feel the beat! Let's get party!"

"Trasure of Pleasure"

"In just 200 years, your country, through freedom and hard work, has changed the world. We do have our differences. But when we join together in times of crisis, our strength is awesome."

The denim shirts are pretty bananas and so are the sukas. Please support The Flat Head.

Thanks Kiya- as soon as you have pictures on your site, I'd love to see them! I love how SE and BIG make them available for us here in the United States. How you market your products is irrelevant. Hey, it's a business.

Here's the red/black houndstooth:

DSC05162-769397.JPG

I think sidney has a good photo of himself wearing the white/black shirt...

sidney?

The tees are interesting, they're basically reproductions of exactly what you'd find at ANY american thrift store, but the construction on them is out of this world.

The softest and sturdiest feeling cotton i've ever felt on a T-Shirt, chain stitching around the collar, all seams are stitched up to 4 or 5 times, contrast stitching, sizing goes from X-small to Large.

I haven't brought any into the store because somehow i don't think people want to pay 75 USD for a T-Shirt that says "California Living.. So Nice." or "For a fun time..California Sun"

kiya, im coming this summer and i am going to buy like hell in your store...

that denim rack behind you..... got the creeps now.. uhh...

I think it would be cool if you could post some measurements in this thread, of the shirts I mean. Im specifically interested in size 44. Chest, shoulders, sleeve length, top-bottom length, that type of thing, for those of us that cant come try them on. Please tell me you have the black/white houndstooth in 44:). Also, whats the price range for the flathead shirts? Thanks kiya.

i had purchased my flathead b/w houndstooth during the seXsf party (and that landed me a free pair of canes jeans!). since its purchase, i've been wearing it once a week 'cos it felt so soft plus it was dayum COLD outside. this shirt definitely keeps me warm and feels like two layers instead of one. i definitely do look forward to seeing more of flathead's shirts soon.

The shirts range in price from $150 to $175..

Sizes go from 36 (feels like a X-Small) to 44..

I'll post measurements of a few sizes tomorrow.

i had purchased my flathead b/w houndstooth during the seXsf party (and that landed me a free pair of canes jeans!). since its purchase, i've been wearing it once a week 'cos it felt so soft plus it was dayum COLD outside. this shirt definitely keeps me warm and feels like two layers instead of one. i definitely do look forward to seeing more of flathead's shirts soon.

Yeah, that's sort of been one of the most surprising things for me.. The flannel/houndstooth shirts are EXTREMELY warm... almost unusually warm for a button down shirt.

As usual Sidney comes through with jaw dropping photos.

Regarding the way they fit, that's another reason why i've fallen in love with Flat Head clothes, they fit SMALL and sorta short. which is exactly how i like my shirts.

We're getting more shirts in every day now at SE..

They sent me a crazy looking full reversible souvenir jacket as a gift which i'm loving, even though initially i thought it'd be impossible to pull off..

A $600 "souvenir" Japan jacket.. who would have thought?

CIMG1084-757063.JPG

CIMG1085-754151.JPG

Jan, you're at your gayest. Kudos.

So, lay it on me hard: what's the status on the Flat Head's baddest? I see the red button-up. Any other sexy shirts?

Mm... I could go for the first one. Pure sex. This stuff is so warm and double-layery, it's just goodness all around. I catch myself wearing this 3 times a week. Sigh.

That was probably the most hilarious set of photos i've ever seen here...

Shit, I'm hooked on Flat Head now, I looked through all the other makers of these type of shirts, and they all seemed to fit big, and Flat Head fit slim and looks really nice as well. Really liking that Hounstooth you got there. Got to get me some.

Cheap Monday has made one almost the excact same, they call the pattern "pepita" though... fits really slim...

but i like the buttons on the flathead a lot more !!!!!

Yes, those are the ones.

We're getting a very large run of those February 15.. so about two weeks. :)