Flat Head Jeans and Shirts

kiya

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get to travel to Sunnyvale for work towards the end of Feb, I can't wait to stop by Self Edge :P Hope all the flat head stuff is in by then :P

dude let me know when you're in town, I'm in south bay during the week and SF on weekends... we can have a small sufu meet @ SE that weekend you're here... :)

I saw the new arcs in the latest Lightning guide... they're a little abstract (kinda looks like a lasso grabbing a cowboy boot, since the forked tongue is still there) but I do like them.

Kiya, will you be getting any flathead sweatshirts in?

jubei, what volume is the new lightning guide, can you post a screenshot of the cover? :)

I believe it's vol. 36. Half of it is the usual review vintage Americana and the other half is the S/S 2007 Flat Head line. What really made me pick it up yesterday were the pages of epople rocking out Flathead gear from head to toe... I don't have very many pics of people rocking out the items that we SF'ers lust after all day long... :)

503-8233674-8354317?ie=UTF8&n=465392&s=books

I love the wallet. I have not read the whole thread, any info where to get one, or just through proxy?

Even if so, where could I point 200db?

We're actually getting in the long wallets in about a week or so..

Oh snap! I have the same jacket. Them shits always make me look like some punk yakuza thug, but on you it actually looks good.

This isn't Flathead, but I thought this jacket on eBay looked like something people would like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/40s-50s-EMBROIDERED-Reversible-ALASKA-JACKET-Like-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ190076560324QQihZ009QQcategoryZ52391QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping on all non-denim items is $10 for the US.. UPS insured tracked...

:)

Still our prices on the non-denim stuff is reasonable considering what you're getting.

:( damn ...lol more saving up for me to do for the damn flat head shirts

...8.5% tax...shipping.....ughh...tack on another month or so of saving up

Here is the photo of the new pocket stitching.

there is ONE minor difference, the two lines that form the diamond in the middle where the four lines intersect are being removed. so it'll look the same, but no diamond image. hope that makes sense..

DSC05168-710320.JPG

Mesa Boogie (if you are into that sort of thing) and Two Rock is in Santa Rosa I think.

My mesa's have little notes in them that say something to the effect of handmade in Petaluma, CA. I bought my last one probably 4 or 5 years ago. Did they move?

Hey kiya, is that a blue tab I see?

That was a sample, final products won't have a tab of any kind.

Here is the photo of the new pocket stitching.

there is ONE minor difference, the two lines that form the diamond in the middle where the four lines intersect are being removed. so it'll look the same, but no diamond image. hope that makes sense..

DSC05168-710320.JPG

It is strange how that pocket is cut. I have had some jeans that are cut a little off, but that is extreme.

Here is my vintage souvenir jacket I got in Bangkok. Does anyone know what it says?

P1030264.jpg

P1030266.jpg

P1030271.jpg

I'd like to note that all jeans coming to Self Edge will have a normal pocket.

They're going to have what they're calling "The Kiya Pocket", aka A Normal Pocket. I have no idea why they've chosen to name what is a normal pocket after me.. i think they find it funny.. haha...

I told them i wasn't too into the slanted pocket and they said "we'll make different ones for you"..

we'll see..

My mesa's have little notes in them that say something to the effect of handmade in Petaluma, CA. I bought my last one probably 4 or 5 years ago. Did they move?

Mesa is in Petaluma and K&M (Two Rock) is in Rhonert Park. Petaluma and RP are super close to eachother, and near Santa Rosa. Petaluma is about 40 miles fnorth of San Francisco.

Hi all, I met the Flathead guys with Kiya when I was in LA just before Christmas. As Kiya says, amazing stuff. Kiya has the rights for North America, I have the rights for Europe. I will be getting the European website up and running soon. We'll probably concentrate on the denim to start with, but am happy to take advice from you as to what else you would like to see available in Europe. Let me know. Thanks

Hi all, I met the Flathead guys with Kiya when I was in LA just before Christmas. As Kiya says, amazing stuff. Kiya has the rights for North America, I have the rights for Europe. I will be getting the European website up and running soon. We'll probably concentrate on the denim to start with, but am happy to take advice from you as to what else you would like to see available in Europe. Let me know. Thanks

Hi, could you tell me where in Europe you're located?