australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Hey guys, love that Sydney is down with sufu. Kinda creepy considering Kokanee's post above but I'm also from Vancouver and headed to Macquarie in february for a semester abroad. Tons of info on Sydney shopping (looks like prices are kinda bunk =/) in this thread but I was wondering if anyone had any info on what the locals think of Macquarie and if you've got any bars/restaurants that you wanna rave about.

homme.

I normally check out inthemix for whats happening and such .. tho the reviews after his gig wasnt really good but overall I did not found any fault . it was pretty good to moi .. I quite like the place and its actually a concept of Arts and Bar

its tons better than 77 ..77 is a shit place!

laneway, check

good vibes, check

Bon Jovi gold tix, check

plus kings of leon, daftpunk, harborlife.. shittt im broke!!

I'm at Mac Air Max.. shit hole of a place haha but its ok.. can always head into town pretty easily.. or keep it local with others that live on campus at the ranch.. but it's not a true reflection of sydney at all!!

homme.

I normally check out inthemix for whats happening and such .. tho the reviews after his gig wasnt really good but overall I did not found any fault . it was pretty good to moi .. I quite like the place and its actually a concept of Arts and Bar

its tons better than 77 ..77 is a shit place!

Yeah i havent checked inthemix for years! I always used to be up on everything that happens in Sydney but I got lazy.

I actually like 77. That and Moulin Rouge are probably my favs. I like trashy venues... mostly because of good memories from those places... or... lack of memories I guess :o

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I'm actually pretty stoked to be moving down - the weather being one reason, it has literally rained here for something close to a month straight! I guess I'll be arriving during the summer - can't wait to see the sun after what seems like forever.

Air Max - study abroad semester? From UBC? What're you taking?

USYD is probably still the best for girls.

I'm moving down to attend law school at USYD - does this tip/revelation follow to that campus/faculy as well :P

I've been reading the posts here and just amazed at some of the prices, kinda like Air Max, prices do seem almost ridiculous. But I've heard that the cost of living in Sydney is quite expensive, so goods/lifestyle reflects that.

Anyone need anything from here? Haha, I'd be willing to bring a few things down depending :P

kokanee

haha welcome kokanee, usyd law girls are quite fiesty i hear.

what's cool that is available in canada? anything thats significantly cheaper from CA that syd?

All law girls are hardcore!!. theylove to argue with u no matter what, and if they lost the arguement they tend to punch and kick.

Hahah this is funny. Ive had the same discussions at car club forums about women and Uni's.

Corey, Wollongong Uni is still a pretty cool place. Even though Ive long graduated I still go into the unibar there from time to time. Its a nice laid back vibe.

From the experience I'm having with exams, it seems that it's the best time to head to uni if you're interested in lady watching. All of a sudden, a whole bevy of attractive women have just come out of the woodwork and are taking exams.

Having said that, perhaps that wouldn't be the best time to try to chat them up. What with all the exam stress etc.

From the experience I'm having with exams, it seems that it's the best time to head to uni if you're interested in lady watching. All of a sudden, a whole bevy of attractive women have just come out of the woodwork and are taking exams.

Having said that, perhaps that wouldn't be the best time to try to chat them up. What with all the exam stress etc.

Lib is a good place to start with. Then around 12ish go to the cafe...extreme good scene.

Thanks for the tips guys, Oxford Art Factory sounds like fun. I'm down with the nu rave stuff.

Jay: Damn that sucks about Mac, but I'm used to a shithole campus, I go to Simon Fraser... You obviously don't know but let's just say we've got the highest suicide rate in Canada for a Uni. Is the public transportation to downtown Sydney from Mac any good?

Yah werd on the sun thing Kokanee. and yah like i said I'm from SFU. Finishing my History major and thought it'd be fun to do a semester abroad. Congratz on getting into law grad.

I wouldn't say prices are a lot cheaper here than in Sydney. But then I don't know prices outside of nike shoes and jeans. APC's are 200 canadian just for the vaguest of ideas.

Lib is a good place to start with. Then around 12ish go to the cafe...extreme good scene.

Now he tells me. Lies though. I was at the library last night, didn't see anything. And cafe? What cafe?

Oh well. I just finished my last exam. Time to party.

Is the public transportation to downtown Sydney from Mac any good?

/quote]

The last time I met a girl from Macquarie, she asked me to go to her place [she lives around her uni] and being new in Sydney, I asked a bunch of friends where it was. They laughed in my face and told me that in the time it takes me to get all the way there, I'm more likely to meet and close another girl.

Having said that, the prettiest girls I've met while I've been out HAVE been from Macquarie. So maybe the trip is worth it.