australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Anyone know where to get some nice black dress shoes... for under $400?

You wont find any.

With your budget you're stuck with Llyod or floreshem if you shopping locally. I wouln't describe either as good value or 'nice'.

Grab a pair of Bally, Hugo Boss, or Allen Edmonds from the 'states. Have a look at Zappos, Nordstorm and eBay. Use Darkanimals proxy service.

Yeah the Marsu Homme kanga skins.. They're ok..

I dont like my chance of getting Burberry boots for under 400 though haha

thanks for the help guys.. anyone else??

I think at that price range for the quality, R.M Williams Dress boots might fit the bill.

edit* Oh wait, I think it might be over your budget. But you might still wanna check it out.

The attention a man pays to his shoes are very often indicative of how detailed he is, making sure to cover all loose ends. Same goes for hair. Or at least... in my opinion.

Still, if anything, I would have thought that 400 is a decent budget for a pair of black dress shoes. Perhaps source them out from little corner stores? Or here's an idea, I'm not sure how feasible this is, but for years, my father has always gotten his shoes tailor made by some cobbler somewhere.

It's worth an enquiry. Especially since it'll be made to your specification. And I don't think it'd be prohibitively expensive.

Buy a pair of Ferragamo 'tramezza' shoes on ebay. David Jones retails them for $1100-1200; you can generally pick them up for $3-400; less if you're lucky. At that price, they are imo the very best quality shoe you could pick up. They look good too, sleek lasts, excellent leathers and a decent range of models.

no but i would like to start. not specifically a fixed gear but that is on the top of my list.

is it hard to get around on? hills and all that?

your signature is... i dont even know.

Just run a front brake it easier to get around...let me know if u want to get into it. I currently have some parts would build u a nice one. Most importantly I want more ppl to rideee..currently have 2.

Yeah... I just called Assin today to check on availability of Dior Homme jeans in Melbourne.

Turns out that a lot of sizes are there etc. But what's really interesting is that if you go to their website, you'll see that some sizes aren't present for some of their cuts. [ie. I wanted the 21cm Blacks in sz.32]

Here's a little heads up. Assin Sydney is opening in 4 weeks time. So says the SA at Assin Melbourne.

And that's also when new stock of DH jeans are going to come in to both Sydney and Melbourne stores.

So if anyone's interested, I suppose now would be a good time to start saving up for them.

Well for those interested i found an amazing pair of Allen Edmon avenues today at Peter Shepherd (next door to DJ's in Sydney CBD) from $490 down to $259..

The sale hadnt even started yet so i was lucky to get the only pair of 10.5's.. But there are some great AE's Leeds, Avenues (smaller sizes) and Delrays.. So get your jive on if you want some beautiful black (and a few brown) shoes.

Just run a front brake it easier to get around...let me know if u want to get into it. I currently have some parts would build u a nice one. Most importantly I want more ppl to rideee..currently have 2.

A friend of mine works for the Australian cycling federation so getting the bike/parts isnt that big of an issue it's just finding the time to organise it all let alone ride the thing! That and I'm interested in trying one out for a while before I get one of my own.

Was at Bondi Junction today, for those uninterested in Japanese repro denim, I actually found a pretty decent [albeit mainstream] denim joint where you can get stuff for relatively cheap.

I'm not sure of the name of the store, but a mate got a pair of Edwin Nashville's [they're selvedge too btw] for 220. Which isn't TOO bad. Further more, saw a lot of other things there like Paper Denim & Cloth, Earnest Sewn.

They're not too bad. And didn't strike me as being particularly expensive.

It's located at the entrance of Westfield, go through the entrance with the Onitsuka Tiger and it's on your right, just about where the bubble tea joint is.

And yes. Welcome to our sunny city kokanee.

denim in sydney:

ksubi @ mainstore, incu, orson & blake, GP

imperial @ another inch

apc @ incu, ourspot

ndg @ ourspot

lee, wrangler @ GP

LVCs @ another inch, this store along oxford

cheap monday @ somedays, store along oxford, tuchuzy

dr denim @ somedays

nudie @ GP, DJs in town, nudiestore, incu

mjolk @ purestcut online

dior homme @ assin in 4 weeks as said before

that's all i know atm

can anyone else addon to this list? is april77 available anywhere? what about jap labels like flathead/sugarcane/skull etc?

denim in sydney:

can anyone else addon to this list? is april77 available anywhere? what about jap labels like flathead/sugarcane/skull etc?

No. Spoke to the lady running DPO [thanks for the reminder guys] and asked about the set up of her store. Turns out that although the labels they carry ARE pretty... well... generic [G-star, Carhartt, Nudie etc.], she's thought about Flathead, Samurai etc.

Anyone interested in opening a store stocking such items?

Heh.

Carnheart, Maple, and SP* all stock Edwin.

Incu used to stock A77.

The store on Oxford that stock LVC is called That Store. They also stock Cheap Monday, PRPS, Atelier La Durance and Superfine.

Odd store.

If some one asked me what I would stock in a denim shop I'd have a hard time choosing between the various Jap and Swede offerings. But I know what I wouldn't stock - LVC, PRPS, Atelier La Durance and Superfine

Incu used to stock A77.

The store on Oxford that stock LVC is called That Store. They also stock Cheap Monday, PRPS, Atelier La Durance and Superfine.

Odd store.

If some one asked me what I would stock in a denim shop I'd have a hard time choosing between the various Jap and Swede offerings. But I know what I wouldn't stock - LVC, PRPS, Atelier La Durance and Superfine.

not sure if this is the same store, but just up from Fringe bar / across from the Barracks on oxford st, there is a store in that new block, next to Gstar etc stocking alot of Corpus, Prps, Levis, Cheap mondays, Atelier, superfine etc,

not sure what its called but "James Deer" was in the front window? :S

Could be the same store..

Also another store to watch out for is

Roof On Fire -

461 OXford St Paddington,

(up near max brenner - on that side)

it opened a few days back, I just went in on the weekend, and its a nice concept!!

Good brands - Mjolk, LifewithBird, Call of the Wild, Love Jungle

Be sure to check it out

Incu used to stock A77.

Odd store.

If some one asked me what I would stock in a denim shop I'd have a hard time choosing between the various Jap and Swede offerings. But I know what I wouldn't stock - LVC, PRPS, Atelier La Durance and Superfine.