australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

i have never seen it in Australia, i thought it only existed in America? two polos..that is

George St (Syd) on a Fri/Sat ... Demographic: White, Male, 15-18 year old. Double Polo/Nautica popped at the collar is like a standard attire for these youths.

*edit*

re jack purcells: I know Mooks use to have them (do they still?) ... probably your general shoe shops: General Pants, Hype, and Glue.

seeing as the shoe is common, I'd suggest just googling it and opening 10 tabs or even more of results - sort out the cheapest pair (including shipping) and purchase :) .... though the poor AUD against the USD at the moment may mean it might be a better option to purchase interstate/domestically.

Really? Double popped collars?

I thought the stupid Sydney attire was some grotesque Freshjive/Mooks tee in some ridiculously putz yellow colour. Topped off with disgusting jeans and some hideous shoes.

Throw into the dryer to make the tee extra tight and jeans extra baggy, sprinkle a little bit of douchebag-attitude on top.

There you have it!

I've seen double polos or polos over long sleeved shirts and even a popped collar but never a double popped collar. I think it's that a lot of people don't have warm clothes in Sydney so they layer like crazy in winter. Are our winters getting colder? A lot of scarves and (pea/millitary) coats came out this winter when you wouldn't have seen many a few years ago.

I've seen double polos or polos over long sleeved shirts and even a popped collar but never a double popped collar. I think it's that a lot of people don't have warm clothes in Sydney so they layer like crazy in winter. Are our winters getting colder? A lot of scarves and (pea/millitary) coats came out this winter when you wouldn't have seen many a few years ago.

i have always remembered a large amount of coats, trenches being worn in sydney anyway.. including peacoats...

PLAY by COMME DES GARCONS

New season arrivals from Comme des Garcons are now available in the store and online.

Click the link to the online store to view a selection of the pieces available.

Please visit the store to see the full collection including Knitted Wool Polo Sweaters,

Mac Rain Coats and alternate t shirt colourways.

http://ourspot.com.au/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=7

ARNSDORF

The Arnsdorf Spring Summer collection has arrived at Our Spot.

The collection entitled "I think we could do great things" keeps it clean

with simple colour palettes of cool tones of blue, pale grey and white.

Using Organic cottons, pure silks and wool cashmere, the focus is on the cut and

construction enhanced by the fluid nature of these fabrics.

Available in the store from today and online from next week.

INVITATION

We invite you to re join the Our Spot mailing list

through the subscribe link on the website. You'll receive regular updates

on stock arrivals, invitations to preview sales & V.I.P events.

http://www.ourspot.com.au/

Our Spot

Shop 1

220 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010

61 2 8354 0300

www.ourspot.com.au

i have always remembered a large amount of coats, trenches being worn in sydney anyway.. including peacoats...

Haha, you just reminded me of the Sydney trench phase after The Matrix came out. I remember seeing trench coats and overcoats, but don't remember seeing any traditional looking double breasted peacoats.

Haha, you just reminded me of the Sydney trench phase after The Matrix came out. I remember seeing trench coats and overcoats, but don't remember seeing any traditional looking double breasted peacoats.

yes perhaps when you think of the real sailor style/influenced ones you might remember them. With the decorative buttons? I have seen quite a few around in the past few years.

yes i remember the trench coat phase, a timeless article still...

I need more restaurants to check out for our blog....just wondering for the Sydney posters where you get your fix for:

Cafe

Chinese

French

Greek

Indian

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Lebanese

Malaysian/Singaporean

Modern Australian

Pizza

Pub Grub

Seafood

Spanish

Steak house

Thai

Vietnamese

(this list is from the eatability navigation bar - feel free to go outside of those listed!)

need suggestion,

wat do you guys think of st&ard boots ?

IMG00708.jpg

should i grab those or chronicles of never?

yo.. dont get these.. the sole cracks with about one wear.. if u do get them ask about them.. and the return policy just in case

edit: i think the reason is that the sole is too stiff

I need more restaurants to check out for our blog....just wondering for the Sydney posters where you get your fix for:

Cafe

Chinese

French

Greek

Indian

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Lebanese

Malaysian/Singaporean

Modern Australian

Pizza

Pub Grub

Seafood

Spanish

Steak house

Thai

Vietnamese

(this list is from the eatability navigation bar - feel free to go outside of those listed!)

I'm not really a foodie but off the top of my head, here are some of the places I've enjoyed eating at:

- Chat Thai

- Spice I am

- Longrain

- The Boathouse (the snapper pie is worth multiple visits)

- Fishface

- The Exchange Hotel

- Madang

- Il Baretto

yo.. dont get these.. the sole cracks with about one wear.. if u do get them ask about them.. and the return policy just in case

edit: i think the reason is that the sole is too stiff

thx, its possible, these boots are really light strangely.

like its not made from a leather or something like that. hmm

@derek

Chinese: golden century, superbowl

Japanese: ichiban boshi, ryo ramen, azuma, toko, takeru, kura

Korean: madang, soulria

Pizza: love supreme

Seafood: mohr fish

Spanish: capitan torres

Thai: chat thai, spice i am, satang thai

Vietnamese: the one in newtown, forgot its name tho

chat thai and il baretto i think is good. i do not know why i have not tried spice i am till this day. the rest is alright. except superbowl. which comes highly recommended by one mate of mine who had maggots in his vinegar jar.

i've been meaning to try oscillate wildly since forever. any place with a smiths song as the name of the restaurant has got to be good.

my cheap picks. won't bother with the upmarket stuffs. you can pick up a good food guide or whatever. just take their ratings with a pinch of salt.

ayam goreng 99. (kingsford) this is where UNSW students eat i believe. its often a touch too dry but the fiery chilli makes you forget. that and the price.

sushi ya. 2 joints in chatswood and artarmon. cheap japanese cooked by japanese students. its not great but its value for moneyz. i think they made a mistake with my friend's pork katsu once, giving him 3 massive slabs on a single plate.

din tai fung. world sq. world famuz dumplingz.

vietnamese. head to bankstown or cabra or someplace like that. just be careful ;) j/k

korean. i'm alright with balsim passim i cant fucking spell it. the one in strathfield. my korean friends tell me its quite passable compared to back home. there's also another place they recommend next to madang. which is supposed to be better than madang. i can't stand the waiting in the street next to the bins tho. otherwise, most of my good korean food experiences have come at friends' homes.

pastriez.

adriano zumbo in balmain. pretty stuff. had a friend who worked there. its good but for 7 bucks a pop, it better be.

there's also a lenotre in town, at some hotel i can't remember off the bat. then there's adora handmade chocs in CBD.

assorted belgian/german beer cafes. ok the food is overpriced and passable. the beer selections tend to be quite decent. the belgian one in particular stocks some good stuff. the lowenbrau in the rocks also comes with a band of geriatrics playing backstreet boys songs on the accordion. which is a sight to behold. every chick i know digs mango beer. hehe. this isn't so much a professional rep btw. some places are great because of circumstance.

similarly, any goddamn max brenner is good for a date. unless the chick in question absurdly dislikes chocolate.

for coffee. 2 places stand out. Campos (newtown) and Single Origin (near central station). world class caffeine.

otherwise, its pretty much a sea of mediocrity everywhere. particularly with regards to "singaporean/malaysian". unless, you're eating at my house. hehe.

one nice place to visit for foodies is actually david jones in town. just don't buy anything! you pay top dollar but its free to browse all the things like tetsuya's freakin truffle oil or whatever. simon johnson's is another pricey but good deli. they're in pyrmont.

some shit in Coles, Woolies. NZ choc brand Whittaker's gets my pick. That and this swiss biccie company called Kambly. Also, the bon maman jams and tartlets are good. and... a recommendation from my elderly banker lady, sargent's frozen pies. royale ones are good.

Japanese: sushiya artarmon

pizza: pizza tutti's, if you're on the north shore and haven't tried this yet you're missing out.

cafe: bourke st bakery cafe, campos coffee.

pies: harry's cafe de wheels

pub grub: any greasy kebab store after a bender

modern australian: avoided at all costs :)

spanish: the barrio

italian: a tavola

sandwiches: fat food in neutral bay

good luck with the blog, even though there are already dozens out there.