australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

your tried camping stores? Other than that beat poet had some nice woolen fingerless mittens for about $90 last season, might be able to find then still caus a lot of kids wouldn't pay that much for gloves you could buy at cotton on or jay gays

i reckon they are pretty sweet..

edit: They be permanent fingerless

They are permanent fingerless, but really nice.

I have one pair left for sale if anyone is keen.

fuck, and i

like a77 too. i wanted a pair of them 07 johnny thunder joints. still might cop but fuck thats annoying... they will be hyped up on every sydney teen hipster in a couple months. thanks gp. btw did they have much range of it? and whats price points? cheers.

haha yeh it was about 18 when i really wanted to step up to the plate. shoped in smaller boutiques though, bought hypebeast shit like dunks and graph brands. Also bought lots of tees from record stores.. hah beastie boys and shit...

when i weas real young 12-13 i would be completely decked out in volcom, lol.. but yeh was pretty heavy into surfing, eski lid and skating.. Never rocked billabong, quicksilver though all of my mates did, thought it was to generic so i bought skate brands instead, dickies, element, alphanumeric etc.

lets hear some more guys/girls... do any girls surf this thread.. speak up

When I was really young, say primary school, I wore Billabong, Quicksilver and the like and then as a teenager I was really into music, metal especially, so I mainly wore band shirts, levis black jeans and doc martins throughout high school - no real brands as such.

Then out of high school I started wearing less and less band shirts and started getting into various brands like Carhartt and other brands that Central Station Records clothing dept. stocked - graff type shirts etc. Around the same time I guess I wore Ben Sherman and the like and shopped a heap at General Pants. Oh yeah I also forgot I wore a tonne of Zoo York.

Then I guess late 2006 I started looking for better denim and brands, and of course like many, discovered Nudie Jeans. From there I read the MyNudies forums and then onto here. Its funny to think back only a year or so ago I dont wear any of the brands I used apart from the odd Nudie's or Fred Perry polo.

Although nowadays I wear higher end brands that look a thousand times better I also dress alot more conservatively than I used to. Neutral colours, minimal prints (if any), plain yet high quality shoes. I guess I have found my particular style that suits me and I rarely stray from it anymore.

ummm im on holidays in brisbane atm.. went to the coast on the weekend, not sure if u guys know this already.. but the store T.O.Y. (which carries CON, bassike, ksubi, stolen girlfriends, etc etc) is having 50% off EVERYTHING.

i was just like omgwtfbqqing and got all this shit and now im broke as. they still have HEAPS of sizes too (for clothing).

anyways heres what i got:

White mono2 CON shoes for $110

2 CON tshirts ($62.5 each)

CON cubism jeans ($125 or something)

bassike top for gf

they just started their sale on saturday... i wanna go back there again on sat but i doubt gf would :( but if i am, i might be able to pick some stuff up for you guys - will let u know by this week

hey does anyone know any place good to spend a couple of nights? Yeah its uni holiday bored bored and I am thinking about going somewhere (within a couple of hrs drive from sydney) with a bunch of friends including a girl I am after. So anyone got any idea?

dunno bout gp

as i have banned going in there but a77 not on sale in incu. im pretty sure all a77 stuff is new season in there....plus its more than likely that gp will have similar price points anyways. incu had price drops on heaps of stock though. like 50% off now stuff that has been on sale. if your in the city/paddo worth checking out.

Guest walt

sup dudes, i'm moving to sydney tomorrow and i'll be there for 4 months, goin to uni of sydney. i'll be scrounging this thread for places to shop and bars to frequent more. but if anybody has any good places to go out i should know about i would greatly appreciate it. this is my third time living outside of the US and i always hate feeling like a tourist so lets meet up, get drunk, do graff, whatever.

i'm at syd uni too.. On holidays at the moment tho

On another note.. Anyone have any black skinny jeans they want to unload? I need a new pair quick.. Around size 30

Please pm me.

Edit: asking here cos i can't go out and buy.. i only have money in paypal.. and have no cash =/

yep thats a good price. I would cop, but yeh be warned these shoes are not your every day shoes, you can't go clubbing in them or wear them tooooo hard.. They are for gentle use, though that may seem like a stupid thing to say i think it's just a good warning if you don't have experience with them previously.

no they also came in black..

I like A77 too, Im glad shit is becoming more readily available to us here in Oz but I agree about GP carrying A77. Will probably get chewed up and spat out when the next 'new' thing comes along. I could be wrong though

I talked to an employee @ the Pitt St GP(Near Imperial) he said GP are now heading a different direction and instead of selling all the exact same shit they will now take on heaps of new "indie" labels as well. He was surprised at the reception A77 were getting from the some fashion "elitists" as explained to him, as he had never heard of the brand previous to his store stocking them. Quite a cool guy, surprised to see even the staff getting tired of the exact same brands and styles coming through. He also gave a plug for the store new denim brand "Standard," i've never heard of it apparently its Australian, with "quality denim + cuts" they're opening a store near Puma(Paddington) on Oxford next week, i'll give them a peek.