Fullcount 1108

mikesduc

so is starching somehow bad for the denim? unnecessarily gunking up the fibers with starch or ruining the texture?

i just wanted to restore it back to as close as the way it was when i first bought the pair a week ago. soaking it twice and tumble drying it reduced its stiffness by a lot.

but if someone could educate me on this matter, i would appreciate it.

just give em some time maybe starch later on but no need right now. or ever actually but many starch. i starch my jeans sometimes like once a month.

i never understood the big deal about starch. its on the denim when you get it, so are you ''cheating'' if you wear unsanforized denim w/o a presoak? c'mon, as long as you aren't just starching the combs, or carrying starch around on the reg, so what. starch is the hymen of virgin denim.

i never understood the big deal about starch. its on the denim when you get it, so are you ''cheating'' if you wear unsanforized denim w/o a presoak? c'mon, as long as you aren't just starching the combs, or carrying starch around on the reg, so what. starch is the hymen of virgin denim.

its just unnecessary and makes jeans look unnatural but hey im not putting anyone down or anything. just my 2 cents.

i also think that it is a big deal because the next cool thing on superfuture is to not care about your pants and when someone does its flamewars

yea actually i didn't starch them. they're still relatively stiff from the knees down. at this point (2-3 months of wear) some stitches at the crotch have busted and i'm hoping that they won't lead to holes. i'll give a progress report if some time later holes start becoming apparent.

but i remember i ended up trying like 7 pairs of jeans at blue in green early august to decide upon this pair. i liked the color the most and i liked how the denim wasn't super slubby. but definitely the most important factor of these jeans were the fit. definitely the best fitting jeans i've ever seen for me.

though a gripe is that i had to get used to having so much packaging of my genitals as the crotch is pretty tight. i mean i've got some total separation/cameltoe going on. but it does certainly accentuate the bulge.

whiskers and combs setting in, roping effect coming in, pretty cool. my first pair of jeans.

2iavrph.jpg

207w4fb.jpg

2wnwpic.jpg

u6gck.jpg

28hg3rk.jpg

2n894lx.jpg

p.rabbit reporting...1108s, w28. in these pics the denim is a bit sagged, but i wear @ the waist. no, i wont resize pics, cause no one posts here anyway. and no, this aint some hank-died @ rampuya , super-ill-ass t-shirt. its reg ole fruit of the loom, navy blue.

ps: i noticed something i found quite novel. when comparing the 1108 to the evisu 2000, i found that almost over the entire jean miki tsujita used banana yellow stitching where yamane uses the brown thread, and vice-versa. its like he's making a statement to set him and his brand apart from his old brand. or is it just me on cannabis?

that is a nice fit salaami, how did you size those.

Im thinking about sizing down one.

im curious too i wouldnt want to get teh wrong size. im thinking about getting a pair for my brother, he could use a new pair and his cash flow is currently being held up with his schooling.

they arent. the 1105s are the official contest jean. the cut and denim is different from my 1108s. my unofficial pace-rabbit status is just that. i got beat up by all the knockoff evisu wearing cool kids, and now that im grown i still just want to be a part of the in crowd...ha! btw, i sized down one from my nat waist, which dont mean shit if youre getting the 1105 which is a more full cut, non slim fit...

The fit is on point, Salaam...wish they fit me like that. Would love to get another pair, so lightweight, soft and comfortable but still built to take a beating. Loved all the little details, different thread colors and weights, the pale pink selvage. Glad they got a good home!

yeah, thanks a mill for the hookup. i'll try to get the best out of em...i'm suprised with the quality this brand has not gotten the pub it deserves here on sufu. but with the contest coming up, that should change drastically.

^^^ im very interested to see how these turn out...

ps: about BIG's jeans: (quote)

What I can tell you about where the denim comes from is that every

brand we carry weaves their denim in Okayama. Kurashiki is the name of

a city in Okayama where there's a high concentration of denim mills

and sewing factories.

Regards,

Gordon

3 months of ownership and already 3 stitches on the inner thigh broke and one on the criss-cross of the crotch broke. -____-

i guess this is normal and not a reflection of the workmanship? i posted the picture of the damage on the small questions thread.

i mean i understand that cotton thread breaks a lot easier, but i would have rather had the synthetic wrapped in cotton threads if it meant that i wouldn't have to repair the jeans. i haven't even done anything other than walking or studying in these fc 1108.

3 months of ownership and already 3 stitches on the inner thigh broke and one on the criss-cross of the crotch broke. -____-

i guess this is normal and not a reflection of the workmanship? i posted the picture of the damage on the small questions thread.

i mean i understand that cotton thread breaks a lot easier, but i would have rather had the synthetic wrapped in cotton threads if it meant that i wouldn't have to repair the jeans. i haven't even done anything other than walking or studying in these fc 1108.

broken threads, holes, and repairs are a big part of what makes raw denim wabi-sabi. If you don't want your jeans to get beat up and age, then maybe you should reconsider your purchase.

whoa, these fade slow like some somets or some momotaros. this is just what i wanted. a nice slow fade. im not expecting anything drastic like with my sams. i love this jean! yo ayn, how many washes?

whoa, these fade slow like some somets or some momotaros. this is just what i wanted. a nice slow fade. im not expecting anything drastic like with my sams. i love this jean! yo ayn, how many washes?

(10 characters)