Levi's takes on Japanese Denim Resellers and Manufacturers

kiya

So has anybody heard 2000dB's take on this? I might have placed an order that might have been going out this week and I might have asked 2000 about it a couple days ago and I haven't gotten a reply to the PM I might have sent. Any thoughts on this situation that may or may not exist?

if you read the OP, according to our source Kiya :

"All sales of the above mentioned brands are to be stopped by Friday, January 19, 2007 WORLDWIDE"

"All product with any of the above mentioned accents must be pulled from the shelves of every store in the world by Friday, January 19"

i think all things are fair in HK. people bootleg the shit out of anything there, gov't don't really care there..

i think all things are fair in HK. people bootleg the shit out of anything there, gov't don't really care there..

Hasn't it cleaned up a bit since it went back to China? Not like I'd know of course, think I heard that somewhere.

So has anybody heard 2000dB's take on this? I might have placed an order that might have been going out this week and I might have asked 2000 about it a couple days ago and I haven't gotten a reply to the PM I might have sent. Any thoughts on this situation that may or may not exist?

2000db has actually been executed because of this lawsuit; please do not PM him, he is unable to answer.

News of this won't reach customs for a good year or two, and when it does, only 1/100th of the employess will know or care. You have a 1% chance that any customs official will open your package, a .0005% chance that they will be someone who knows of the lawsuit / ramifications, and and even lesser chance that they will confiscate the goods; even if they did know.......stop worrying.

I've already PMed him a link to this thread. I'm going to ask him about ordering me another pair of Onis, too. The thing is, it's already 9:15am Thursday in Tokyo, so he doesn't have much time left to fill everybodys orders.

Yeah I have a feeling this whole "rush order" from 2000 ain't gonna happen. 2000db should stay at home before Levi's plans a hit on him. That and it's really just MORE work that it already is for him to buy people things. With the added risk/hassle, his cut wouldn't be worth the effort.

if you read the OP, according to our source Kiya :

"All sales of the above mentioned brands are to be stopped by Friday, January 19, 2007 WORLDWIDE"

"All product with any of the above mentioned accents must be pulled from the shelves of every store in the world by Friday, January 19"

jan 19 as in liek american time or when ever jan 19 hits?

white and different placing.

The placement and color of the tab does not matter to Levi's.

They are saying you cannot have ANY color tab in any placement on the back pockets sewn between to layers of fabric.

how can they do this worldwide theres no way.

there are so many stores selling these jeans , who whould notify everysingle store. or how rather

Especially all of the random boutique denim stores throughout Japan......but seriously, that is a goddamn shitload of jeans that are going to go unaccounted for in a couple of days. Who will head up the black market?

Hard Gay.........

2000db has actually been executed because of this lawsuit; please do not PM him, he is unable to answer.

News of this won't reach customs for a good year or two, and when it does, only 1/100th of the employess will know or care. You have a 1% chance that any customs official will open your package, a .0005% chance that they will be someone who knows of the lawsuit / ramifications, and and even lesser chance that they will confiscate the goods; even if they did know.......stop worrying.

Please red my sarcasm in above referenced post that may or may not exist.

Guest jeffvyain

it's been a couple years since i had my intellectual properties class, so i don't remember ALL the specifics with copyright (which doesn't apply here) and trademark infringement. but to my understanding, unless there is some sort of confusion caused for consumers over the product because of the arcuate or red tab, there really shouldn't be a case. while i have had a couple people assume that my jeans are levi's, i highly doubt anyone has ever made their way over to the samurai website or blue in green or self edge and bought themselves a pair thinking that they are levi's. i don't think that levi's could make a case against these companies using similar back pocket stitching causing them to lose business over confusion between products. That said, none of these companies have the kind of money it would probably take to fight off a company like levi's. It's a really unfortunate circumstance that really only negatively affects consumers and these companies and is really not going to positively affect levi's or anyone for that matter. i really hope this doesn't put anyone out of business, as so many good things have been happening lately between these brands and us as consumers.

fuck levi's.

how can they do this worldwide theres no way.

there are so many stores selling these jeans , who whould notify everysingle store. or how rather

its Levi...biggest denim brand around, who would notify every single store? probably the 3905434334543543543 employees that work for Levis

Yeah I have a feeling this whole "rush order" from 2000 ain't gonna happen. 2000db should stay at home before Levi's plans a hit on him. That and it's really just MORE work that it already is for him to buy people things. With the added risk/hassle, his cut wouldn't be worth the effort.

Especially considering Levi's attorneys might be reading this right now :eek:

(almost jk)

Especially considering Levi's attorneys might be reading this right now :eek:

(almost jk)

Considering the press that SE has received, I am sure the strong ties SE has with these forums has led to some lurking from Levi's management.

Wow this is crazy. I'm sceptical about Levi's ability to do this worldwide. A good example is Adidas and their 'Superstar' TM. In Japan there is a sneaker company who owns the rights to the name 'Superstar' and thus, when celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Adidas 'shell toe' superstar in 2005, the 35 versions of shell toes launched there had to go on sale as 'SUPER35STAR'.

As others have said, my understanding is that Levi's do not have copyright provision in Japan thus I suspect (and hope) the lawsuit prohibits the sale of such items in territories where Levi's can enforce their copyright, i.e. the US, UK etc etc. I don;t mean to undermine posts from the likes of Kiya who I'm sure are privy to more info in the lawsuit than me but just saying I wouldn't be suprised if Levi's apparent big gun in in fact a water pistol.

The placement and color of the tab does not matter to Levi's.

They are saying you cannot have ANY color tab in any placement on the back pockets sewn between to layers of fabric.

Whoa, this is new to me. I only knew they had trademarked the color and the specific placement, left of the right backpocket.

I wonder how Edwin could get away with it then? The Nashville tab that is ON the pocket is fine then, but the other tab? http://caliroots.com/data/product/images/685720061114151211965211_L.jpg

btw, pm'd you!