Cool cargo pants. An oxymoron? Contradiction in terms? Not necessarily. Despite cargo pants and fedoras being staples of the typical greasy anime nerd's wardrobe, they can look great when they're done right. What separates the good from the bad, in my opinion:

• Slim pockets. I hate huge pockets.
  • Straps, shit hanging off of them. This is really iffy, though, because too much and you're in Hot-Topic-goth-land and that's bad news. But I find a couple of well-placed dangly things can make a good pair of cargos great.
  • Color -- black or dark military green, always.
  • Bottom cinch -- this is what I'm looking for mostly. I need some pants to tuck/blouse into boots.
  • Leg width -- slim looks great (and different) but I think baggy cargo pants are great, too. Just has to be done right.

So, everyone: find/post some cool cargo pants. Especially if you tell me where to buy them. So far Julius seems to be pressing my buttons most of all, but they're fucking absurdly expensive (then again, I did at one point think $100 jeans were outrageous).

Despite cargo pants and fedoras being staples of the typical greasy anime nerd's wardrobe.

Oh man, reminds me to much of myself all throughout highschool, well, without the fedora, but you got the nerd and cargo part dead-on. Thank god I grew out of that and began to finally warm up to fashion and other design aspects.

Well, as for cool cargos I really loved the Undercover co. wool cargos that insidertrading was wearing in WAYWT. I'd love to track them down.

nov30c.jpg

Yes, I really like those, and would love a pair similar to those (hint hint, insidertrading? ;) )

I think I see my first non-jeans pants-purchase in the past year coming up... (hint hint, insidertrading? smiley face)

I liked those undercover one's myself...

If you can stomach the price, Julius makes some of the dopest cargo pants out there...

I have last fall's flight pants in olive/khaki green...

p1000002tj3.jpg

today_jan06.jpg

yestirrday. dries van noten + comme des garcons + vansmj + y-3

Mike Lowrey put up a pair on waywt that i thought looked very nice.

I like mine... Nice and light.

DSC00189.jpg

Need to get these tailored though, very big leg opening and pretty wide in the thigh.

the undercover, and julius cargo pants are the shit. i believe coldrice hooked up the undercover pants for insidertrading.

not quite cargos, but I LOVE my rogan fatigues, definitely one of the best made most detailed pieces made by rogan

I personally love lowrey's cargos to death. Haven't seen them in any online stores lately but they're slick.

I don't really have problems with cargo pants persay, its when I see a pair of cargo shorts that I immediately imagine whoever is wearing them in a backwards Texas Longhorns hat, chugging beer from a funnel at a Dave Matthews concert.

But on pants, the number of pockets is my biggest gripe. Companies tend to go overboard a lot.

First thing that came to mind was almost any of Milspex's posts, or some of felix's. I've grown to love the look of them..

Oh man, reminds me to much of myself all throughout highschool, well, without the fedora, but you got the nerd and cargo part dead-on. Thank god I grew out of that and began to finally warm up to fashion and other design aspects.

Well, as for cool cargos I really loved the Undercover co. wool cargos that insidertrading was wearing in WAYWT. I'd love to track them down.

nov30c.jpg

yeah, i've been searching for those everywhere ever since i saw them..

but what kind of shoes would you ever wear with something like that? all i can think of is this season's cloak boots.

insider trading would probably wear his chucks or his kiefer's

and it would look good :)

I personally love lowrey's cargos to death. Haven't seen them in any online stores lately but they're slick.

thanks, they're probably an older model, I got them used on yahoo

man, i can remember a time when only really skateboarders wore cargo pants ( new deal!!!)...you wouldnt really see the normal joe wearing them in mid 90's..then around 98,99 everybody seemed to jump on the bandwagon...

surprisingly, i think i might have seen a pretty good looking pair of true religions? at barneys..not a big fan of the nice collective ones..

I like Julius but regular army cargoes in black are great for a baggier look IMHO and the price is certainly right.

yeah, i've been searching for those everywhere ever since i saw them..

but what kind of shoes would you ever wear with something like that? all i can think of is this season's cloak boots.

I think any boots would look good with this. White boots, saddle leather boots, grey boots... round toe, engineers, pointy chuckas, combat, ANYTHING

forgive me, I'm going through boot rage/withdrawal since I promised not to buy anything else after superfuture party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minya viewpost.gif

Despite cargo pants and fedoras being staples of the typical greasy anime nerd's wardrobe.

Quoted for truth, that was me through out jr high and half of highschool.

I have a pair of W)Taps cargo pants and I really like them. I am now looking for some olive colored ones.

for something utilitarian like this i wouldn't want to get something that looks too fashion-y, for myself anyway...i think lowrey's looks good.

I liked those undercover one's myself...

If you can stomach the price, Julius makes some of the dopest cargo pants out there...

I have last fall's flight pants in olive/khaki green...

p1000002tj3.jpg

got enough pockets? fit is very nice, but the amount of pockets remind me of parachute pants

got enough pockets? fit is very nice, but the amount of pockets remind me of parachute pants

Uh. I think that's why they are called flight pants. Personally I think the look works with a simple top and/or blazer and my engineer boots. Gives contrast and complements the sleakness of the rest of my silhouette.