VIntage Game Hunting

Blues

Didn't know where to put this, but I'm currently looking for old Dreamcast games and I want to know if any of you guys know of any good spots in the real world to start hunting.

Funcoland doesn't exist anymore I think and the last time I asked for a Dreamcast game in stores (maybe 4 years ago) I was virtually laughed at. Please turn my dreams into reality. :o

Thanks guys. I was hoping that somewhere out there, someone would know of some secret treasure trove of gaming goodness, but I guess eBay is all I got.

By the way, it is "treasure trove", right? :confused:

In So Cal theres a collectibles convention/show on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Vendors show up and sell everything from rare comic books to vintage video games to foreign films. It's kind of like a gathering of the biggest dorks in the world. While I say that I find nothing wrong with it because hey I've been there before and I find it fun. Here's the website:

http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

What dreamcast games are you looking for exactly?

when you make it to Japan, you can find pretty much any game you want. every time i would see a vintage game shop (and there's quite a lot), i would have to stop and only my gf getting real pissed at me would stop me from buying pretty much every games i played during my childhood.

Also, i've seen some old game at thrift shops.

Thanks for all this input. I should have been more precise from the start though. First off I'm located in NYC :P Thanks lithiumsys, I heard some Funcolands were taken in under Game Stop, so I should definitely look around there. Burnt DC games are what killed my first 2 Dreamcasts, so I'm willing to pay for legitimate games.

Kasper , I don't think there is any chance of me being in Japan the the near (or even distant) future, but I should definitely muster up the nerve to ask one of my online friends if they can send games my way.

Now let me talk about the games I need. Most of the ones I'm looking for I already had, but they got damaged somehow. Primarily I'm looking for Jet Grind Radio, above all. I'd also want Soul Calibur and Sonic Adventures 1 and 2. Some games I never had but also want are Street Fighter III, Power Stone 1 and/or 2. Some pipe dreams are Vampire Chronicles (Darkstalker game) and Napple Tale.

I thought I was done with games all together, but I just cant beat the nostaligic feeling they give.

• 2 weeks later...

a bit OT... but i just found out that my ex girl in jax has the arcade version of mechinised attack in her new house, left by the previous resident. this means if i stay on good terms with her i get hours of killing robots with a colorful uzi!

strange thing... it is the same game she had in her apartment something like 6 years ago with an ex boyfriend.... fucking weird.

I found a whole bunch of DC, SNES, Genesis games at a flea market in central CT once... it's funny, I was going antiques shopping with my gf and all of sudden in the market there was this dude with a huge vintage electronics set up there. That probably doesn't help you since you're in NYC, but they do show up in unexpected places... have you tried Chinatown? Like Elizabeth ST Mall or something like that?

Alternatively, coudln't you buy a Wii and DL games through their service? I know they're gonna be offering up some Sega games, dunno about DC, tho...

OT: You changed your avatar back! Now we are arch rivals / allies once more lolzorssss!!111!!!

Didn't realize you were in NYC, Blues. There is a vintage game store right next to the Kim's Video on St. Mark's Place. I remember it being a little pricey (at least for the NES stuff, that's what I was looking at) but it's worth checking out, they have a ton of shit there.

I have a used, but 9/10 copy of Chrono Trigger, in box, with all manuals/etc. + strategy guide that I need to sell.

Oh, and Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight w/ artbook + music CD for PSX.

Derelicts from a past nerd life...

how much do brand-new copies of chrono trigger go for nowadays? I remember my brother used to play that game obsessively when we were younger, he even had the official nintendo strategy guide and all that. too bad he didn't pick up an extra copy of each to sell later on in life...