Anyone know any details about American apparel jeans?

funkfunkfunk

Hrm. I tried them on when I visited one of their stores. I wasn't really paying attention though, but I'll give you my thoughts...

Really really slim. Like fersiously slim. Pipelines.

They felt like real denim. How heavy? Hard to say. They're not especially heavy, but I know they're heavier than my Paper's, which aren't that heavy. I have the tags for that at my other house, I can probably report back later. They were long enough for me, so it was probably around a 32-33 inseam.

I think that if I was into skinny jeans I would get them.

If you're talking about the Slim Slacks they've been promoting, I don't think they're actually denim. If I remember reading the website correctly, they're actually made of cotton. They recently did a test run, and hopefully they'll release the actual product soon. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of the black.

YES

of course denim isn't cotton.

the tag inside of jeans that say x% cotton is just trying to trick us.

With the research I have done its called bull denim. Its 98% cotton and 2% lyrcra/spandex/stretch. Its lightweight denim, like when I am walking and its alittle windy I feel the wind pass thru the denim. So it might be like 10oz?

They are 97% cotton, and 3% spandex. They are not denim, but a a cotton twill, and they feel weird, despite having a great fit.