Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

i have a new found love for jersey and its girls (altho my <3 still lies w/ ny).

i also have realized that there is no way im living in cleveland for the rest of my days.

def def def trying change the course of my life right now.

i fell asleep during dark knight (damn 9-5)

i need to watch:

new ben stiller comedy

pineapple express

the rocker

after watching Dark Knight again (for the first time)

if you're talking about tropic thunder, it sucked

pineapple express on the other hand was great. be properly stoned for it. it makes the already good movie about 5x better

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTdBgupfWhw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTdBgupfWhw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^although what sucks is that when you become less high or not high at all around the middle it becomes less good.

but still funny.

it's gonna be even better when I'll watch it home smoking all movie long

happened to my whole group of friends (minus one) when we went to watch it :(

It's in Austin, Texas. A little away from downtown but still in the city.

The crickets are disgusting. Here is an article from last year detailing a particularly heavy cricket infestation on the university campus:

AUSTIN - They congregate on patios, slip into stairwells and, if they're crunched under foot, oh do they stink. Crickets are here in force, annoying Texans earlier than usual — thanks to the year's wet weather in much of the state.

The problem is so bad at the University of Texas at Austin that school officials are taking the unusual step of darkening the 307-foot-tall bell tower for three nights the next two weekends in hopes of keeping the insects away. The bugs are attracted to lights.

Tower lights will be turned off early Friday evening through Sunday night, and again for three nights the following weekend, Aug. 3-5.

"The tower is one of their primary targets, of course, because we do have the lights on there," said Bill Lucas, associate director of facilities maintenance at UT-Austin. He said the crickets gather atop the tower on its observation deck.

"I don't know if they go up there for the view," he mused.

Crickets seem to like hanging out well above street level at other downtown buildings. Clusters of crickets have been gathering on the ninth-floor balcony outside the Austin office where Lisa Lucero works. She's not amused.

"It's just awful," she said. "They can jump so high. They're irritating and creepy."

Reports of cricket invasions also are coming from counties in the Hill Country and northeast Texas and from Dallas, said Mike Merchant, a Dallas-based entomologist with the Texas Cooperative Extension of the Texas A&M University System.

Typically, field crickets head into cities from their normal rural habitat in early fall for mating flights after rain, once the ground becomes soft enough for egg-laying, Merchant said. This year, after weeks of soaking summer rain, the ground is soft earlier than usual.

The result, Merchant said, is a "cricket rush."

Though some places are reporting more crickets than anyone can remember, others are simply experiencing them sooner.

Lights out

Turning off outdoor lights is the best way to curb the cricket onslaught, he said. Once they land at urban buildings, grackles and pigeons eat some of the crickets.

The insects don't cause any serious damage, but they are an aesthetic pest with their droppings and odor, Merchant said. They can, however, pose a problem for museums because dead crickets in a museum attract other insects that feed on them _ and on the artifacts, he said.

Cleaning up the crickets can become a huge, repetitive chore, according to those who do that nasty job.

"They're a general nuisance. There is the crunching under foot. They die and smell terrible. The smell gets sucked into the air conditioning system," said Lucas, adding that the odor creates an unpleasant work environment in the campus' main building where the tower is located.

University workers began noticing the problem about a week ago and have been gathering cricket information from a campus entomology expert and from the Texas Cooperative Extension.

"They didn't quite say it was of biblical proportions, but it sure seems that way at times."

i'm not afraid of snakes or trains or high jumps; bears or sharks or martian cougars, loud noises none of that. but two things i REFUSE to fuck with are crickets and grasshoppers. they are the foulest fucking things in the world to me. :mad:

i'm not afraid of snakes or trains or high jumps; bears or sharks or martian cougars, loud noises none of that. but two things i REFUSE to fuck with are crickets and grasshoppers. they are the foulest fucking things in the world to me. :mad:

In ninth-grade biology, I had to dissect an eight-inch grasshopper and I nearly shat my pants and vomited at the same time, such was the level of my revulsion.

i used to work at a garden centre, and before i was appointed to pretty much run the place i did general labour. there was a huge field that hadn't been mowed (mown?) in like 10 years so they sent me out on a riding lawnmower to take care of it. crickets were flying at my and hitting my face and legs and landing all over me as they tried to flee the deadly blades. it was fucking AWFUL.

i used to work at a garden centre, and before i was appointed to pretty much run the place i did general labour. there was a huge field that hadn't been mowed (mown?) in like 10 years so they sent me out on a riding lawnmower to take care of it. crickets were flying at my and hitting my face and legs and landing all over me as they tried to flee the deadly blades. it was fucking AWFUL.

Like The Secret of NIMH, but with crickets.

You guys all make me feel so much better. Grasshoppers are my number one phobia. When I was a kid, we would go visit my fam in Montana out in the country. They had alfalfa fields, and tall grass everywhere else. One year there was a gnarly grasshopper infestation. Every step you took, your entire body would be pelted with fleeing grasshoppers. They got in your clothes, shoes and hair. I fucking hate grasshoppers. Crickets are guilty by association.

I haven't left my dorm room today save for taking bathroom breaks/a shower. I love not having class monday. I don't have to do shitttttttttt.

are you just laying around in a pile of your own semen covered kleenexes?

Like The Secret of NIMH, but with crickets.

I dont recall this scene. or much about that movie, actually.

I dont recall this scene. or much about that movie, actually.

The scene where the farmer begins to plow the field and the cinder-block home is in terrible danger. Luckily, Mrs. Brisby and Auntie Shrew are able to sever the fuel line to buy the Brisby family an extra day.

oh yeah, the praying mantis. they used to chill in the geraniums at work, and as much as i think they're cool there's nothing quite like looking down at your arm and seeing one of the brown ones climbing up it . . . the worst was the spiders though, i pulled out my hand once to find this big gnarly spider crawling on it, thing was probably two inches or so (legs included), but the really creepy part was that it had yellow and red fangs that were easily visible. . . (ugh, shuddering just thinking about it)

are you just laying around in a pile of your own semen covered kleenexes?

Not even. I haven't had the urge to jerk going on two days now. Meet a cute girl in the dining hall just now though. Apparently I met her the other night, but I didn't remember.