Apple iPhone

artificialsky

another question: i have att because i used to live in a civilized area two years ago but i live in the middle of nowhere with no cingular retail stores. can i get one thru the cingular website or am i supposed to go to an apple store or att store

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Monkey Ball is fucking bullshit, it's too difficult. Waste of fucking money, even though I have the hacked version and didn't pay for it, but still, people who paid for it got fucked! Or maybe I'm just terrible =/ But yeah, it's pretty depressing seeing people walk around with iphones who haven't taken full advantage of everything that you can do with em.

Super Monkey Ball is fucking bullshit, it's too difficult. Waste of fucking money, even though I have the hacked version and didn't pay for it, but still, people who paid for it got fucked! Or maybe I'm just terrible =/ But yeah, it's pretty depressing seeing people walk around with iphones who haven't taken full advantage of everything that you can do with em.

like......?

im getting the iphone when i get back to canadia on thursday.

Wanna know the best things to do with it. other than the normal shit.

Should i definitely brickbreak it?

worried about the warranty though... brickbreaking does void warranty right?

especially cause i think im gonna be on a 3year contract

jailbreaking it doesn't void the warranty, it just opens up a lot of possibilities for the phone. And if you ever need to you can just restore it back to it's original state. Jailbreak it and never look back... I know I did.

i think it should be said that jailbreaking and returning it back to the original state doesn't void your warranty, but if you walk into an apple store trying to get your jailbroken iphone fixed, that will void your warranty.

i'm fucking sick of my 1st gen. had it for 9 months, jailbroken and unlocked on t-mobile. fuckin youtube never worked on edge, updating firmware is a bitch (i'm still on 1.1.4 and apparently they don't release new programs on that anymore), worrying if the new itunes works or if it will erase all my shit, and to top it off my screen protector is coming up.

i think BB bold + a purple 4th gen nano would be better considering the state my iphone's in

i have an 8 gig first gen, jailbroken from when they werent in canada yet. its a great phone, but after playing with my friends 3g with an unlimited data plan i gotta say its far fucking superior. also, i kind of fucked around and spent way too much on data one month so i dont have any internet on it right now. gay

For those of you who have unlocked first gen. iphones...

What is your service provider? T-Mobile? Verizon? etc. What is the cheapest current plan to maximize your iphone usage (like internet, data, text messaging, etc.)?

I'm asking because my sister is giving me hers for free and her husband knows how to unlock them. Opinions? Suggestions?

Jailbreak =/= Unlock

You'll have to unlock your phone every time you upgrade the OS.

Excuse the ignorance. All these terms fly over head and confuse me.

Basically all I want to know is, what is the best or cheapest plan out from any phone service provider (other than at&t) that I can use for my unlocked iPhone?

please explain further.

especially the =/= sign

(does not equal?)

Basically the whole unlocking and jailbreaking situation is dependent on the OS. Every time you get a new OS update, like 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 or 2.1, you don't just get a little patch that fixes everything…you reinstall the entire OS. So, each OS version has it's own baseband and specific code that requires to be hacked. It's annoying if you like to update your OS because you'll need to wait for the next version of pwnagetool to unlock your phone.

Oh, and there isn't an unlock for 3g yet as far as I know…it's only jailbreak…for now.

you guys have until next friday to convince me not to buy a new iphone.

this is what i have currently:

IMG_1225.jpg

yep, thats right, the center "select" button has fallen out. to push it, i have to use a pen or pencil or random pointy thing.

i just found out i can write a new phone off as a tax write off. please tell me why i should not get one of those iphone contraptions. i don't even know my alternatives or pros or cons, but a jailbroken iphone seems pretty fucking cool.

this matters alot cause this will be the phone i will drop in water in two weeks.

id ought to be more careful whilst engaging in life activities with such instruments in pockets henceforth