Spectacles for Superfuture

digital_denim

I'm not sure about the process of ordering glasses online.

I know that I need a prescription from any old opticians then I can order online with the prescription in hand. What if the site doesn't offer that service and I can just order the frames? Would an optician be able to create lenses to suit whatever frame it was that I bought and how expensive would that be?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't tell you about the cost, but any competent optician will be able to fit your frames with appropriate Rx lenses. Cost varies dramatically based on Rx, type of lenses, options, and above all. optician's expertise. People assume it's all the same, but just like a lousy baker can f'up your morning with a shitty croissant, some optical "professionals" can make it hard for you to love the world.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone? :(

I feel your pain. If I knew of similar stuff at lower price, it'd be in my shop. Unfortunately, it ain't there. I am faced with same choices when I am looking for frames - cheap $hit from China or Korea, expensive (designer licenses) $hit from China, gaudy stuff from Italy and the real deal of mostly German, French, Danish and Japanese origin.

Good luck and start saving. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

going to probably get a new pair of specs soon... leaning towards a pair of starck/mikli's.

is there any benefit of getting lenses from the mikli boutique? or would it be the same as getting only the frames from mikli boutique and getting the lenses from an optometrist?

i think the lenses are about USD 370 at mikli which is WAAAAY more than the optometrist...

going to probably get a new pair of specs soon... leaning towards a pair of starck/mikli's.

is there any benefit of getting lenses from the mikli boutique? or would it be the same as getting only the frames from mikli boutique and getting the lenses from an optometrist?

i think the lenses are about USD 370 at mikli which is WAAAAY more than the optometrist...

good choice with the starck/miklis. contrary to what a lot of people say, the hinges on the starck/miklis are vastly more functionable than they are gimmicky. the "give" that the hinges exhibit have saved my pair on more than one occassion from walking into walls, bike accidents, getting elbowed in the face, accidently being sat on, etc., etc. i've had mine for 2 years and they've never needed maintenance. pricey, but absolutely worth every penny and it's something i use everyday!

i don't think there's any benefit at all from buying from the mikli boutique aside from exclusive frames or something of that nature. frames and lenses are most often purchased at the same time but i imagine you could get your frames from mikli and take your prescription somewhere else. you'd be forgoing bargaining power when purchasing frames/lenses together however.

^^yeah - i hear you. thanks. i'm probably just going to buy the set all at once. its just that the boutique has the best selection. dammit.

ayn - sorry if this is a stupid question, but what kind are those your gf has on? you said andy, but not really sure what that means. they look like ksubi, but i could be very wrong.

Henrik Vibskov

and yeah, ayn, your GF is smokin'.